PDA

View Full Version : Man This Thing Sucks!

TXLIGHTNING
04-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Installed my Afco HE yesterday and boy does it suck some air :d. Here are some pics :beer:. http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=1183

tiffo60
04-19-2007, 01:26 PM
ive been pondering the idea of adding fans to my afco, looks good:tu:

TXLIGHTNING
04-19-2007, 02:40 PM
ive been pondering the idea of adding fans to my afco, looks good:tu: Thanks man. I'm going to do some data logging later to see what difference it has made. :beer:

99WhiteBeast
04-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Subscribing- nice mod Tony

Andre
04-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Very nice !!!

This is the Afco with fans ??

i missed them....

:beer:

TXLIGHTNING
04-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Subscribing- nice mod Tony Thanks man, its a very nice piece :tu:.

Very nice !!!

This is the Afco with fans ??

i missed them....

:beer: Yes Andre, its a Afco with twin fans and shroud. It seems to work very well :beer:.

dboat
04-19-2007, 07:34 PM
is that the interchiller killer or whatever its called on SportsTruckDirect.com?

TXLIGHTNING
04-19-2007, 07:43 PM
is that the interchiller killer or whatever its called on SportsTruckDirect.com?No, its the complete Afco double pass heat exchanger with Afco twin fans. The inner chiller fits the stock HE.

dboat
04-20-2007, 02:58 AM
No, its the complete Afco double pass heat exchanger with Afco twin fans. The inner chiller fits the stock HE.

I like it.. was thinking of going with either the stock HE and the innerchiller or going this way but with the innerchiller.. I did go check and it says that the innerchiller does fit the afco but not the fluidyne.. here is the quote from the sporttruckdirect.com website.

Here's what your installation will look like in 60 minutes. Note that holes are already pre-drilled at the bottom of the shroud to accomodate the factory air deflector flap. These guys thought of everything! Also note that this unit causes no clearance problems with other factory equipment. It all fits like a glove! This unit even fits on the AFCO MotoBlue high capacity heat exchanger (not Fluidyne).

However, having a unit all from the manufacturer makes more sense.. if you dont mind, how much did it cost and does it come with all the necessary wiring and switches?

Dana

TXLIGHTNING
04-20-2007, 11:45 AM
I like it.. was thinking of going with either the stock HE and the innerchiller or going this way but with the innerchiller.. I did go check and it says that the innerchiller does fit the afco but not the fluidyne.. here is the quote from the sporttruckdirect.com website.

Here's what your installation will look like in 60 minutes. Note that holes are already pre-drilled at the bottom of the shroud to accomodate the factory air deflector flap. These guys thought of everything! Also note that this unit causes no clearance problems with other factory equipment. It all fits like a glove! This unit even fits on the AFCO MotoBlue high capacity heat exchanger (not Fluidyne).
As far as I know the Fluidyne has the exact same dimensions as the Afco. You should read this before ordering one of those innerchillers. They don't fit like a glove :nono:. http://www.timskelton.com/lightning/race_prep/reliability/intercooler.htm And yes the Afco comes with everything you need to bolt on, wire up and go :tu:. Paid 549.00 + tax free shipping from RPM.

dboat
04-20-2007, 05:08 PM
As far as I know the Fluidyne has the exact same dimensions as the Afco. You should read this before ordering one of those innerchillers. They don't fit like a glove :nono:. http://www.timskelton.com/lightning/race_prep/reliability/intercooler.htm And yes the Afco comes with everything you need to bolt on, wire up and go :tu:. Paid 569.00 + tax free shipping from RPM.

ok, now you are making me think twice about this.. :tex

Dana

99WhiteBeast
04-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Does anybody have stock vs afco vs LFP capacities? Curious minds would like to know.

Mark #2
04-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Does anybody have stock vs afco vs LFP capacities? Curious minds would like to know.
Volume or heat capacity?

99WhiteBeast
04-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Volume or heat capacity?
both would be good to know but I was just thinking volume

Mark #2
04-20-2007, 08:19 PM
both would be good to know but I was just thinking volume
Volume is ~2x for the exchanger alone but maybe 10% overall on the entire circuit.
Heat capacity ~2x because area is ~twice as big.
These are only estimates, no data.

L8 APEX
04-21-2007, 11:39 AM
The aftermarket coolers are about 2" taller and 2" thicker. It adds about 2qts to a 4qt system. Most coolers are 14 fins per inch.

TXLIGHTNING
04-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Well I datalogged and tested my Afco over the weekend and it makes a big difference in downstream temps. Before on a 85deg or hotter day it would push over 140deg after many runs. Now it never pegs past 118. It got up around 128 after (4) 0-100mph pulls, and it only took about 10sec to cool back down to under 110 :banana:, and the outside temp at the time was close to 90deg. After about a min, the downstream temps were about 90-98deg. This thing works!

tiffo60
04-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Well I datalogged and tested my Afco over the weekend and it makes a big difference in downstream temps. Before on a 85deg or hotter day it would push over 140deg after many runs. Now it never pegs past 118. It got up around 128 after (4) 0-100mph pulls, and it only took about 10sec to cool back down to under 110 :banana:, and the outside temp at the time was close to 90deg. After about a min, the temps were about 90-98deg. This thing works!

thats cool, thanks for posting the results, looks like ill be adding the fans to mine in the near future:D

BC Lightning
04-23-2007, 12:55 PM
thats cool, thanks for posting the results, looks like ill be adding the fans to mine in the near future:D

have a fluidyne and fans on mine, might switch to this unit since it has the shroud and fluid passes through the H/E twice

TXLIGHTNING
04-23-2007, 01:00 PM
thats cool, thanks for posting the results, looks like ill be adding the fans to mine in the near future:D :tu:.

have a fluidyne and fans on mine, might switch to this unit since it has the shroud and fluid passes through the H/E twice You guys wont be disappointed :beer:.

RSVT
04-25-2007, 10:07 AM
quick ? is this thing hard to install , i just ordered mine , and wondering if its something i can do by myself.....

tiffo60
04-25-2007, 10:18 AM
quick ? is this thing hard to install , i just ordered mine , and wondering if its something i can do by myself.....

simple:tu:

TXLIGHTNING
04-25-2007, 11:02 AM
quick ? is this thing hard to install , i just ordered mine , and wondering if its something i can do by myself.....Its a direct bolt on, simple and straight forward. It takes a little time to wire up, but I like to hide my wires good and make it look clean. It comes with very good detailed instructions. You should have no problems :tu:.

RSVT
04-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Its a direct bolt on, simple and straight forward. It takes a little time to wire up, but I like to hide my wires good and make it look clean. It comes with very good detailed instructions. You should have no problems :tu:.

i didnt order the fans with it, does it still have wiring to do without the fans, im not to good with wires:o

TXLIGHTNING
04-25-2007, 11:30 AM
i didnt order the fans with it, does it still have wiring to do without the fans, im not to good with wires:o You will just need to bolt up the HE then. There will be no wiring needed.