PDA

View Full Version : I took the gas bath today!

charlie
04-21-2007, 11:51 AM
What a pain. I changed the fuel filter and the regulator. Next is to drop the tank and install the 255's. Any one care to help (tomorrow) , or have any tips before I hose something up?

Thanks
Charlie

slick-svt
04-21-2007, 12:06 PM
What a pain. I changed the fuel filter and the regulator. Next is to drop the tank and install the 255's. Any one care to help (tomorrow) , or have any tips before I hose something up?

Thanks
Charlie
Offer someone the gas in your tank, I bet alot show up to help:tu:

Chris94L
04-21-2007, 12:10 PM
is your gas tank empty?

I can 'supervise' again...

BC Lightning
04-21-2007, 01:18 PM

Thanks
Charlie

pull the bed, its WAY easier than dropping the tank

bluesvt
04-21-2007, 01:22 PM

+1

charlie
04-21-2007, 04:28 PM

Well unless some one is willing to come supervise that option. I'll be dropping the tank.

And yeah any one that shows up can have all the gas in the tank. Its been sitting for 3 weeks and there is only about 1/4 of a tank. Witch I'll be emptying via the valve on the fuel rail.

Yeah Chris..... Come on over. I think I'm going to start on it here in a min.

Charlie

Chris94L
04-21-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm at work the rest of the day, you said tomorrow :tongue:

charlie
04-21-2007, 05:04 PM
I'm at work the rest of the day, you said tomorrow :tongue:

Yeah I Know I have to go pick up something in Arlington tomorrow. And after looking things over, I think I am going to take the bed off. If I can find something to set it on.

Charlie

Mark #2
04-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Yeah I Know I have to go pick up something in Arlington tomorrow. And after looking things over, I think I am going to take the bed off. If I can find something to set it on.

Charlie
No need to take it off just slide it back a little. I think Steveo posted a how to a while back.

charlie
04-21-2007, 07:08 PM
No need to take it off just slide it back a little. I think Steveo posted a how to a while back.

Steveo ? We have a how to section?

I can not slide it straight back without taking off the rear bumper. And I know it needs to come back at least a foot.

Charlie

99WhiteBeast
04-22-2007, 10:20 AM
On Steve's (L-fever) truck we removed:
bumper
license plate lights
parking/brake light connector (driver side)
pull the diff vent hose
remove the tank filler hose

Slide back 1 foot and climb into bed and work over the top between bed and cab to get to the fuel pumps.

My truck the filler hose was stubborn and we had enough people just to pick the whole thing up and sit it on sawhorses.

I then saw this tip on NLOC the next week:hammer:
"just lower the tank down onto some blocks, tilt the front down more than the back and don't need to remove the filler hose either. 10 mins tops to remove them."

charlie
04-22-2007, 11:08 AM
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13356

Another short and simple, how to.

:D

Charlie