PDA

View Full Version : 255s are in... install overview

GoldLS1
04-22-2007, 05:19 PM
I read charlies post about installing the 255s and thought what a pain in the ass this install was going to be. Originally I read that everyone said pulling the bed was WAY easier and quicker. However after talking with Terry (call me a brown noser, nutswinger, whatever) he said he drops the tank. After hearing horrer stories about denting and scratching the body, I decided dropping the tank was the route to go. The formula 4 jack stands + floor jack + 2 guys + tools + fuel light on = 2.5 hr start to finish 255 pumps install :D . Minus the half hour we bullshitted with the bossman about his XLR really = 2 hour install time!! The worst part was hunting all over OReillys for the damn Gates Submersible Fuel Hose Line in Denton. Myself plus 2 employees looked in the store for about an hour trying to find where it was [mis]placed. Finally it was spotted on the top shelf with NOTHING else remotely close, covered in dust but still sealed up. Anyhow another mod down, and another big weekend to go. Next weekends mods... headers, offroad mids, dual in/out internally X'ed muffler (dynomax?), magnaflow tips?, 60#ers, MAF, 4lb lower.

Cliff notes: Drop the tank on 255 install w/ 2 people, expect it to take 2 hrs :burnout: .

Archie's SVT
04-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Dang Zac you are doing a lot to that thing. When are you going to bring it back up here? There have been a lot of people out lately and a few runs going on.;) I need to get my heads so I can finish all my stuff. Sounds like you are making better than the Camaro.

Ohmsby
04-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Get a few install tips from Tiff about the headers...........:cool:

charlie
04-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Sound like your install went OK. Glad to hear it. I pulled the bed because I did not know how far the lined to the tank would allow it to come down. And I'm an old fart and don't like crawling under the truck and bench pressing things any more.

Charlie

GoldLS1
04-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Yep Mark trying to get it to roll out about like goldie was... goal is 7.1-7.3 in the 1/8th (for now).

Thanks John... Ill pm him. They look like PITA.

Charlie, I hear that. Im a youngin so it wasnt bad, but the other guy did do all the bench pressing!! I just sat up under the truck and connected some hoses/wires.

Ohmsby
04-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Yep Mark trying to get it to roll out about like goldie was... goal is 7.1-7.3 in the 1/8th (for now).

Thanks John... Ill pm him. They look like PITA.

Charlie, I hear that. Im a youngin so it wasnt bad, but the other guy did do all the bench pressing!! I just sat up under the truck and connected some hoses/wires.

Glad to see the ride is coming together the headers are a PITA and Tiff has some history with his

I would call Terry for the headers he has the "Midas Touch"

Aude Sapere

BC Lightning
04-22-2007, 08:11 PM

Those few who have done this can tell you, it isn't cheap, especially in our trucks

GoldLS1
04-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Those few who have done this can tell you, it isn't cheap, especially in our trucks

Tell me about it... and I thought the LSx parts were expensive.

Archie's SVT
04-22-2007, 08:32 PM
Yeah, but the trucks are much better than the Slowmaro's :banana: J/K!! I am going to be pulling the cab when I do all my work, but I know it is going to be a PITA. Just waiting on the heads to get here, then the fun will begin.

GoldLS1
04-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Yeah, but the trucks are much better than the Slowmaro's :banana: J/K!! I am going to be pulling the cab when I do all my work, but I know it is going to be a PITA. Just waiting on the heads to get here, then the fun will begin.

What all does the "work" include?? Might have to let you do mine after youve figured out what not to do on yours!!

Archie's SVT
04-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Stage 2 Cams, Ported heads, Headers, Electric fan and Cobra water pump. I have a bunch of other small stuff too, but that is going to be most of it. I wish I could get a KB, but I eventually want to build a block and go turbo.