PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Corvette

FRDRCING
04-28-2007, 08:48 PM
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070427/AUTO01/704270303/1148&imw=Y

WA 2 FST
04-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Just keeps getting better and better.

The ball is _still_ in Ford's court. Uh, we're waiting...

... and no, the GT500KR at $100k doesn't count, either.

tiffo60
04-28-2007, 10:56 PM
i liked the paddle shift partknana

dboat
04-29-2007, 05:20 AM
i liked the paddle shift partknana

ME TOO tiff!!!!

Unfortunately as an old fart.. I would get all those midlife crisis comments, but I have wanted another Vette for a long time.. I am curious about the Jet Stream blue, wonder if that is a dark or a light blue.. anyway, then I see the SS coming out, the Z06 that is out there now... must resist must resist..

Oh and not to go too :0fftopic but has anyone else been watching Dream Car Garage and them doing the Z06 car mod and build up? there were some nice parts going on that one... sweet.

Dana

gbgary
04-29-2007, 05:13 PM
ME TOO tiff!!!!

Unfortunately as an old fart.. I would get all those midlife crisis comments, but I have wanted another Vette for a long time.. I am curious about the Jet Stream blue, wonder if that is a dark or a light blue.

lol...about the mid-life crisis comments. i'm hearing that ALL the time. i tell them if it's an f'n MIC i'd be having an affair or getting a divorce or something. then we all laugh. as for the paddleshift auto that's what i ordered on mine. shift it to sport mode and you can either use the paddles or let it shift by itself with firmer shifts and different shift points. it's being built one day this week and i'll have it a week or so later. can't wait.

dboat
04-29-2007, 07:50 PM
lol...about the mid-life crisis comments. i'm hearing that ALL the time. i tell them if it's an f'n MIC i'd be having an affair or getting a divorce or something. then we all laugh. as for the paddleshift auto that's what i ordered on mine. shift it to sport mode and you can either use the paddles or let it shift my itself with firmer shifts and different shift points. it's being built one day this week and i'll have it a week or so later. can't wait.

:tu: :tu:

WA 2 FST
04-30-2007, 03:08 PM
When I bought my '02 Z06 (gosh its been 5+ years), I was 33 and even my mother threatened to buy me some gold chains. :rll:

Thing is, like most here, I bought it b/c it is an exceptionally performing sports car. Period.

Those who are having a MLC and buy them are the guys who just putz along in the right lane and never give it any gas, wash and wax it all the time, and never drive the car to its potential. I don't drive like an idiot, and pick my spots to have "fun", but that's what the car is meant for.

Enjoy it, Gary!