PDA

View Full Version : Headers are in...

GoldLS1
04-29-2007, 03:07 AM
HOLYSHIT what a install. Actually the headers went in EXTREMELY easy. The passenger slide in no prob. The only real snag was the stupid bolts that came with the kooks. Some holes didnt like the bolts. So we just put the studs back in those and kept truckin. But talk about no room for working, my hands are all cut up. After I started the truck it smoked like a train for about 5 mins. Guess the oil and other crap had to burn off. Also fabbed up an offroad midpipe, dynomax muffler w/ internal X, and dumps (since my damn tips didnt come in like I was promised THANKS A-1 Performance :flaming: ). Final results... its too loud. I like it, but its goin to get old pretty quick. I have my wideband rigged up "Terry Style". If youve ever had a tune by terry and he used his gauge you know what im talking about. Ill have to take a pic of my mounting too its pimp.

Hummm tomorrows to dos: paint and install triple pod and gauges, injectors, pulley, and maf. Should be an easier day tomorrow. Time for sleep.

Archie's SVT
04-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Damn, you are getting some stuff done to that thing! Congrats! Hopefully I will get my stuff done too.

GoldLS1
04-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Yep Im tryin... Still have to hook up the fuel pressure and tranny temp gauge. Prob do that along w/ the tips next weekend. Then it'll be "done" until it gets slow (to me) then its time for a 6er!!

Kris
04-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Glad to hear that someone's header install was not a total pain. That give me hope for installing some in the future.

tiffo60
04-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Glad to hear that someone's header install was not a total pain. That give me hope for installing some in the future.

i have heard the kooks are easier than the dynatech's, i installed the dynatech's and they are a nightmare:throw:

GoldLS1
04-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Hands down toughest part of the install was the headers bolts... kinda went ghetto and did some studs, some bolts. Some bolts would not thread all the way in so I used the stock studs in those. A few were a lil hard to get a wrench on, but other than that, no prob. Removed one ground bolt on the passenger side frame, and the oil dipstick on the drivers side. Other than that they slid right in.

L8 APEX
04-30-2007, 10:08 PM
You just have to be smarter than the bolts. I have never had a problem with them. Oh yeah, you did trim off the passenger heat shield where it touches the header right?:D

GoldLS1
04-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Oh yeah, you did trim off the passenger heat shield where it touches the header right?:D

Is that what that annoying tapping is!! J/K, a lil credit now. I figured out the pulley kit prob. Mark sent me the Cobra kit. I had brackets that we couldnt figure out where the F they went. So I was short a belt (bought at NAPA). The strap to lock the crank (FYI you can use the wheel lug wrench? screwdriver end to hold the flywheel from spinning :d ).