PDA

View Full Version : Race Question

Beaudee
05-02-2007, 06:26 PM
I am heading to the track in June and plan on racing a few guys from work.Tell me if im right,i wont use the water box but still heat the tires a bit.I am using nittos 555 all the way.Leave the truck out of overdrive right??I will be racing a GTO and a vett with NOS.There will be several fast cars there along with a 55 chevy capable of 8 sec. quaters.Anyone here is welcome to show.I will post the date in the future.Also what is the closest 1/4 mile track to Denton?I need the 1/4 to get a good shot on the GTO.Thanks

Mark #2
05-02-2007, 06:44 PM
I am heading to the track in June and plan on racing a few guys from work.Tell me if im right,i wont use the water box but still heat the tires a bit.I am using nittos 555 all the way.Leave the truck out of overdrive right??I will be racing a GTO and a vett with NOS.There will be several fast cars there along with a 55 chevy capable of 8 sec. quaters.Anyone here is welcome to show.I will post the date in the future.Also what is the closest 1/4 mile track to Denton?I need the 1/4 to get a good shot on the GTO.Thanks

Our trucks are better in the 1/8th than the 1/4. Aero effect.

Street tires, go around the box and heat them as much as your wallet is comfortable with.

Closest 1/4 is Ennis, I think.
Go race the 1/8th in Denton or Redline, the vette and the GTO will be better in the 1/4. The 55 will get hurt on the 1/4 worse than the L.

Beaudee
05-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Our trucks are better in the 1/8th than the 1/4. Aero effect.

Street tires, go around the box and heat them as much as your wallet is comfortable with.

Closest 1/4 is Ennis, I think.
Go race the 1/8th in Denton or Redline, the vette and the GTO will be better in the 1/4. The 55 will get hurt on the 1/4 worse than the L.

I wont even think of racin the 55.Thing is a monster,its not supercharged,nothing but carbureted H.P..Has a wheely bar.The car is Chappa Racing.I thought with the lightning being heavy,that the 1/4 would be a better race against the GTO.The H.P. always gets you in the end with weight issues.Ill post the date when we go to Ennis.According to my mods/weather conditions VS. GTO stock 1/4 mile times i should get him.Its my GTO and a bud driven it so i know he will be driven it hard.