PDA

View Full Version : Just got my new CAI!!!!!!!

BC Lightning
05-04-2007, 05:33 PM
this pipe is huge!!! hopefully it will help my 2.6 KB breath alot cooler, it moves the filter behind the bumper out of the engine bay, Jimmy will be installing it in a couple weeks when he installs the new tranny and PI converter

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/MichaelBic38/IMG_0353.jpg

Fuzion
06-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Good lord that thing is huge!

wesman
06-02-2007, 11:29 PM
What's that thing running?

Looks pretty easy to fab up.

Have they done any dyno runs with it? any IAT differences. I'd like to see one installed to see where the filter actually sits.

--wes

BC Lightning
06-03-2007, 11:31 AM
What's that thing running?

Looks pretty easy to fab up.

Have they done any dyno runs with it? any IAT differences. I'd like to see one installed to see where the filter actually sits.

--wes

I'll bring it by the house so you can take a look, I'm picking up the truck from Jimmy's shop today, so no data logs or dyno runs yet, now that i have a working tranny maybe we could take the 2 2.6 kb'd L's to the dyno and see what they can do :evil

BC Lightning
06-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Still needs to be painted

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/MichaelBic38/IMG_0383.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/MichaelBic38/IMG_0384.jpg

wesman
06-05-2007, 03:09 PM
It looks like the filter is right behind the lower grille?

Is there no shield to protect it from water??? Holy Hydro-lock Batman!!!!

You have to bring it by so I can take a gander at it.

I like the idea of getting it out of the hot engine bay, but I don't like the idea of sucking up water...been there done that with the 350Z

I drive my truck in the rain a lot, the Viper is much less friendly in the water than the truck is.

--wes

BC Lightning
06-05-2007, 03:14 PM
It looks like the filter is right behind the lower grille?

Is there no shield to protect it from water??? Holy Hydro-lock Batman!!!!

You have to bring it by so I can take a gander at it.

I like the idea of getting it out of the hot engine bay, but I don't like the idea of sucking up water...been there done that with the 350Z

I drive my truck in the rain a lot, the Viper is much less friendly in the water than the truck is.

--wes

Jimmy is going to design a shield for it, but right now I can't drive it in the rain, unless i turn the rubber tube so that I can put my old maf and filter back in stock place if i had to drive it in the rain

guess the more i do to the L, the closer to having to get another truck/suv as a daily driver

wesman
06-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Jimmy is going to design a shield for it, but right now I can't drive it in the rain, unless i turn the rubber tube so that I can put my old maf and filter back in stock place if i had to drive it in the rain

guess the more i do to the L, the closer to having to get another truck/suv as a daily driver

Ah, that's a bummer. It looked like it may be a problem from just the pics.

It's an interesting design that will likely lead to a few better ones before it's said and done.

--wes