PDA

View Full Version : New Go_Rila Look...

Sixpipes
05-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Got a few more pictures in the gallery. I'll take some better pics tomorrow. :cool:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/mh6.JPG

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/mh4.JPG

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/mh7.JPG

BC Lightning
05-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Damn Dennis that looks really good!!!!!!! :tu:

What wheel and tire combo is that??

Highlander540
05-19-2007, 06:24 PM
Go Rilla goes Pro Street :beer: Looks killer. But we need some rear shots
(Of the truck) in some better light.

Sixpipes
05-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Tires are:

Front - 275/50ZR17 Kumhos
Rear - 390/40ZR17 M&H drag radial

Wheels are Centerline Daggers

Front - 17X8 (5" backspacing)
Rear - 17X9.5 (6" backspacing)

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/cll-9126804545.jpg

FRDRCING
05-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Very Nice Dennis:tu:

Sixpipes
05-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Go Rilla goes Pro Street :beer: Looks killer. But we need some rear shots
(Of the truck) in some better light.

This is the only pic I have from the rear. I'll get some in better light tomorrow. :cool:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/mh_rear.JPG

Mark #2
05-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Very cool.
Someone got tired of changing tires at the track?
Those rear tires are huge.

whitelightning'02
05-19-2007, 09:55 PM
:tu:

98Cobra
05-19-2007, 11:33 PM
:tu:

+1!!

99WhiteBeast
05-20-2007, 12:52 AM
I like it-very cool Dennis

wesman
05-20-2007, 01:26 AM
Lookin good man :tu::tu:

--wes

Flats Man
05-20-2007, 07:39 AM
Very cool.
Someone got tired of changing tires at the track?
Those rear tires are huge.

He is actually just getting old like the rest of us! Looks great Dennis! :D

Sixpipes
05-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Better shot of the rears...

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/16.JPG

Might could use a 55 profile in front instead of a 50, but I am going to wait a while before I make a change. :cool:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/21.JPG

gbgary
05-20-2007, 06:02 PM
dang...i just noticed there are no Lightning or SVT badges. not that you're gonna sneak-up on anyone with everything else as is. :D

Silver_2000
05-20-2007, 07:34 PM
dang...i just noticed there are no Lightning or SVT badges. not that you're gonna sneak-up on anyone with everything else as is. :D
I think he shaved off the badges in the last century

Sixpipes
05-20-2007, 08:50 PM
I think he shaved off the badges in the last century
You're right. 1999...:D

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/131.JPG

dboat
05-20-2007, 08:55 PM
You're right. !999...:D

Dennis,

would you give us the full update as to what you did? just so I/we wont have to go to different threads to pull it all together.. you know, we are lazy that way.

Dana

Sixpipes
05-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Let's see....since the meltdown in December.

PR built motor (rebuilt JDM shortblock)
Patriot Stage II Romeo heads
Comp Cams
Built transmission
PI converter
Kooks long tubes
Wheels/tires

Already had...

Built rearend (3.73)
Baby KB (6# lower/3.1" upper)
JLP plenum
SCT
Upgraded fuel system (pump, injectors)
Metco traction bars
Roush suspension

Think that's about all of the performance stuff...:cool:

TXLIGHTNING
05-21-2007, 08:21 AM

Comp Cams
Built transmission
PI converter
Kooks long tubes
Wheels/tires

Already had...

Built rearend (3.73)
JLP plenum
SCT
Metco traction bars
Roush suspension

Think that's about all of the performance stuff...:cool: There's not much more you could add to that list :D. Nice truck man :tu:.

dboat
05-21-2007, 08:46 PM

Comp Cams
Built transmission
PI converter
Kooks long tubes
Wheels/tires

Already had...

Built rearend (3.73)
JLP plenum
SCT
Metco traction bars
Roush suspension

Dennis,
It looks really nice.. I have a few questions, what is a PI convertor? also, what was your thought process with this and what is your goal? For example, why the move to a 17" wheel from 20" and the 18" stock wheels? I am always wondering why folks do what they do to their trucks..

Dana

BC Lightning
05-21-2007, 09:53 PM
There's not much more you could add to that list :D.

thats what i thought :rolleyes:

slick-svt
05-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Good grass close up :D Think PI is Precision Industries converter (stall converter) think they can be used without voiding vehicle warrenty

Sixpipes
05-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Dennis,
It looks really nice.. I have a few questions, what is a PI convertor? also, what was your thought process with this and what is your goal? For example, why the move to a 17" wheel from 20" and the 18" stock wheels? I am always wondering why folks do what they do to their trucks..

Dana

I've had the 20" wheels on since November/2000. Guys in the club will attest to how heavy they are; probably more suited to an SUV than a performance truck, but after 6 years, I still love the look of the T-Rex 20s. However, Go_Rila's personality has undergone a severe change in the last six months. I needed better traction on the street so I found the biggest radials I could find for the rear and worked from there.

I have seen trucks with the "prostreet" 15 inch wheels, but I think there is just a little too much rubber showing. So I decided to go for the same kind of look, but with 17" wheels. So far, there seems to be a significant increase in traction compared to my 20s. It will be easy for me to drive to Kennedale or Denton or where ever and make a few passes without doing the tire change thing. Don't know what to expect at the track, but time will tell. The big thing is, I am not going to put a lot of miles on the truck anymore so it really doesn't matter if I use it as a street rod (just for tooling around in good weather) or just for special events.

In a nut shell, just wanted to make a cosmetic change that would reflect the truck's new demeanor. :cool:

BC Lightning
05-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Good grass close up :D Think PI is Precision Industries converter (stall converter) think they can be used without voiding vehicle warrenty

I found out the hard way that its not true, A rep for SVT came down to Irving when I blew my motor back in 2002 that any modification, ANY (CAI, exhaust, etc) can void the warranty and it is up to the mechanic whether it changed the stock configuration enough to do damage.

Back on topic, Dennis the truck looks sick, how is the traction?? I think I just found my new tires

Sixpipes
05-21-2007, 10:14 PM
I found out the hard way that its not true, A rep for SVT came down to Irving when I blew my motor back in 2002 that any modification, ANY (CAI, exhaust, etc) can void the warranty and it is up to the mechanic whether it changed the stock configuration enough to do damage.

Back on topic, Dennis the truck looks sick, how is the traction?? I think I just found my new tires

I'm up for a few passes at one of the local tracks to check out the 60' times. I'm hoping for at least as good as my 28x16 Hoosiers. :cool:

slick-svt
05-21-2007, 11:21 PM

Wow, thats weird when I talk to the shop foreman at my dealership he said I could ad CAI, headers, as long as I didn't change the pulleys on the blower.

PoorSvtman
05-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Wow, thats weird when I talk to the shop foreman at my dealership he said I could ad CAI, headers, as long as I didn't change the pulleys on the blower.

shop foreman isnt the one that can void your warranty... theres people higher up that will deny the claim

ThunderBolt
05-22-2007, 11:37 AM
I love the race-ready look! Great job Dennis!:tu:

RSVT
05-22-2007, 01:22 PM
:eek: i luv those back tires, looks sick:bows:tu:

Highlander540
05-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Keep us posted on how you do at the strip. I never had any luck with the Nitto drag radials at our local track. Best I ever got was a 2.0 :eek: I know I know that is pathetic but I blame the track :) it might be true and it makes me feel better knana

Anyway once again your truck looks great, a real keeper. :beer:

Sixpipes
05-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the props guys. I have never had a whole lot of luck with drag radials either, but these things might be a little different. Certainly, there is a lot more sidewall than any I have seen to date so I have my fingers crossed. I'll let you know how it goes with the 60' times. :cool:

dboat
05-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the props guys. I have never had a whole lot of luck with drag radials either, but these things might be a little different. Certainly, there is a lot more sidewall than any I have seen to date so I have my fingers crossed. I'll let you know how it goes with the 60' times. :cool:

Also, how well does it corner?
Dana

Sixpipes
05-23-2007, 07:25 AM
Also, how well does it corner?
Dana

Seems to handle OK, but obviously the cornering aspect wasn't really part of my concern when I decided to slap these tires on. I certainly won't be doing any auto-X events with this setup. :D

Beaudee
05-23-2007, 01:41 PM

Comp Cams
Built transmission
PI converter
Kooks long tubes
Wheels/tires

Already had...

Built rearend (3.73)
JLP plenum
SCT
Metco traction bars
Roush suspension

Someday mine will be swinging from the trees like yours :tu:

Silver_2000
05-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Saw it in person today

The wheels look sharp ..
And it sounds good :tu::tu:

my2002lightning
05-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Dennis,

You have one stout L on your hands! :tu: The rear-tire combo definitely set-off the L. Good job.

Say, what is the name of that Mexican restaurant below? I've eaten there a while back - it's between Prairie House and Trail Dust up on 380, I'm almost positive.

Ronald

Better shot of the rears...

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/16.JPG