PDA

View Full Version : Hallsville >>>

wesman
12-07-2002, 08:50 PM
Any info from Hallsville yet ? Were they running all day and tonight?

--wes

L8 APEX
12-07-2002, 10:33 PM
It was a good day in general. Track wasa not hooking like last week. The PR NOSaholic also known as Andy Cain ran three 12.05X @114 with 1.8-1.9 60' hot laps on the bottle! He also won some trophy:bows I expected him to run the bottle a few times to try it. But after the first pass it was in his blood. Now he needs to work on suspension tuning and real drag tires. TerryH also won a trophy with his one pass wonder for fastest ET. He and his driveshaft had a falling out if you will:hammer: Gorila ran a jaw dropping 12's on motor no chip:eek2: I will let others add what took from the event. Thanks Dennis for the trophies and organization:nana2 and others that helped out the Lightning crowd continues to impress me with the cool people that make it TALON!

wesman
12-07-2002, 10:46 PM
Was Wayne on slicks or F1's ? So so close to 11's

--wes

L8 APEX
12-07-2002, 11:08 PM
He bought some ET Streets off the internet. The DOT date on the tire is from 2000. I think the sticky compound has seen it's better years:rolleyes: The track went crappy at the end of the day and most dial in's went up. We did borrow some 28" Hoosiers and his waining ET's went from 12,3-4's to his breakout but winning run in the final of a 12.15! He could not launch off the bottle it would spin and get crazy:banana: Definately running 11's next time at weight with 3.55's on better tires and tweaking. The NOS system was set fat and safe until we can dyno tune it. There is another 2-3 tenths or better there:tu:
I agree, running running 12.0's with crappy 1.84-89 60' has potential.. That 60' needs to be @ 1.65-1.7's:)

03LightningRocks
12-07-2002, 11:21 PM
I wanted to say what a great time it was, even if all I could do was spectate. Got to meet some of the great Lightning folks.
I think I am going to pop waiting on my L.

Everybody was great.

One more thing I thought I would mention. On the pass that wayne ran when the clock did not work, it sure looked liked he got under 12. We were watching a video of the passes on the way home and when you watched his 12.05 run and compared it to the no-time run....it sure looked like the no-time run was quicker.

Rocks:beer:

03LightningRocks
12-07-2002, 11:26 PM
Oh....one more item worth mentioning. It seems Black is the fastest color...:hammer:

L8 APEX
12-07-2002, 11:34 PM
I hit the roof when his first run on the bottle was not timed:mad: They had some trouble with the boards. Anyway, when he switched it on in second gear that MoFo bit down and flew!

andy_cain
12-07-2002, 11:49 PM
I gotta give a serious hats off to Terry. He came through in flying colors for me at the last minute and worked all night to make certain it was as trick as possible.
I know Terry does a great job, but how many tuners would 1) work all night tweaking every detail 2) Wash your truck before delivering it 3) Personally heat your bottle before every run because you bought some cheap a$$ used kit that was missing the bottle warmer thermostat 4) Spend all day running around town to replace broken, stripped and crushed fitting and when it is all done, have the trickest, stealthiest looking setup imaginable.
I have to say too, Dennis did a fabulous job as organizer and picking out the trophy’s, Doug did a thankless a$$ job with J.D’s help of filming and capturing pics of the day.
WHAT A DAY !!!!!!
I am not gonna whine too loud, but my no time pass was the fastest of the day…PROBABLY because like a moron, I forgot to switch the newly burned 4 way to the NX program and left it on the Track program by accident.
All I can say is when I hit second gear, I hit the “Now Famous” Lil’ blue button and my butt was pinned to the seat…to top it all off, NO detonation at all….Sal really tunes these for a safe run.
I have watched the video 3 times now, no doubt when the button was hit, and even at high volumes through the stereo, no sounds of detonation, no smoke, nothing but a mean a$$ lunge and she was outta there.
Everyone was great, by far, the best group of people I proudly call my friends!
Too all…I thank you, Terry, Doug, Dennis, My buddy Mike, every last one of ya…hats off.
On another note...the track wasn't preped worth a crap
:tu: :burnout:

wesman
12-07-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by 03LightningRocks
Oh....one more item worth mentioning. It seems Black is the fastest color...:hammer:

Nah...look at Sals times....red is definitely the fastest. I'll give you the fact that black was the fastest today.

I have a few things in store....once I get the damn heads replaced I may be going down a road less traveled...at least locally :)

--wes

andy_cain
12-07-2002, 11:51 PM
With Pride:beer:

Silver_2000
12-07-2002, 11:59 PM
PLEASE use the Photo galleries to post pictures when ever possible...

The link for the Hallsville event is here

http://talon.svtlightnings.com/4images/categories.php?cat_id=27&

JD took some great shots.. Ill post more tomorrow..

Doug

wesman
12-08-2002, 12:01 AM
Sweet...way to go man :tu:

So is this gonna be a yearly thing or a seasonal thing? I ask cause I notice it says fall classic....we gonna have one in the winter and spring? :)

--wes

Silver_2000
12-08-2002, 12:14 AM
430 + pictures... Nice work JD...

Need to cull thru them and post the good ones tomorrow

You guys can add your shots to the same category ....

Doug

Red2002
12-08-2002, 02:43 AM
I too had an incredible time! Nice job everyone! Dennis thanks for putting together a great program!

Red2002 was running strong today. I turned a best of 12.487@109.91 mph. I was very impressed with the track!

I was a first round loser to Winterhawk, who hasn't raced on a track since 1979. Great job Mike!

Ripster
12-08-2002, 10:41 AM
Another round of applause to Dennis and to Doug and JD for the pics. I can't say I am over losing the RT trophy so close to the end but setting a new personal best helps. Great to meet all the guys, we need to make this a twice a year deal. Next time I will figure out how to bet the Go Rila with out redlighting.

Logan
12-08-2002, 11:45 AM
How the heck does Dennis do 12's with no chip?

Ah the mystery that is the Go_Rila...

:bows :bows :bows

98Cobra
12-08-2002, 11:58 AM
Here is a link to the pictures my girlfriend and I took:

Hallsville Trip (http://www.trietsch.com/images/hallsville120702/index.html)

Silver_2000
12-08-2002, 02:30 PM
Posted the best of the pictures.

Just realised why I was spinning about 60 feet out both last week and this week.. The launch pad is concrete and a litlle past 60 feet the track turns to asphalt .....

Unfortunately the traction was off the past weekend BUT we still had a great time

http://talon.svtlightnings.com/4images/data/media/27/winnersPC076070_2.jpg http://talon.svtlightnings.com/4images/data/media/27/talonhighwayhallsville2.jpg

http://talon.svtlightnings.com/4images/data/media/27/brokeshaft.jpg

Flats Man
12-08-2002, 06:09 PM
Congratulations to all you Talon Bad Boys! Those are very impressive times that were being run. Could you possibly make room for a regular Ole F150 next fall? I will be coming out for FFW and will leave the Truck with Sixpipes until the event. Great numbers from you Guys!

Silver_2000
12-08-2002, 08:09 PM
Flatsman - You will have to address your concerns to the rules commitee...:D :D
Everyone, I have updated a number of the pictures with the Correct Event discription and fixed some of teh colors etc...

If you have save the photos or moved them you might want to see if yours has the Tag line as above ...

Doug

tliss
12-08-2002, 08:36 PM
That was my first trip to Hallsville and I was very impressed. Traction was really good at the beginning of the day until they decided to shut down one lane at a time to work on it. After that traction went straight to hell. I didn't get to where I wanted to, so now I have to sit on the verge until next trip. I ran a best of 13.08 @ 104.7ish. I need to get the chip reburned to remove some fuel and I may just have to go to the 4 or 6# pulley for laughs!

It was good seeing everyone and meeting some of the folks I've never met before. A special thanks to the event committee and rules committee for setting up such a great event! I've all ready got the first weekend of next December blocked off for next years' event!! :nana2

Tom

L8 APEX
12-08-2002, 08:43 PM
Tom, your chip may be good for a 4#. If you want to we can throw one on there and you can dyno and make sure it is good. It should raise your A/F .5 a point or so:tu: I will make you deal you can't refuse:twitch:

Flats Man
12-08-2002, 08:49 PM
OK Doug, I will go buy a couple of stalks of Nanners! Maybe I'll bring out a Nanner Tree from Florida!

Winterhawk
12-08-2002, 09:02 PM
Had a really great time. that was the first time I had been on a track since 1975. My best time yesturday was a 12.81, To Steve,and Lawrence, Thanks for helping get my truck ready. I made it to the third round. My family was with me everyone had a great time, Looking forward to the next event. Hey Lawrence will just call that beginners luck. Congradsssss to all the winners :bows

Silver_2000
12-08-2002, 09:28 PM
The event was great.. Great to see everyone, new and old..

Thanks to everyone who helped with pulling my truck apart or putting it back together.

Next year will be better.

If anyone has the Cheerleader crap that disappeared bring it to the track with you next time..

Dont forget that FFW Houston is only a few months away...

Doug

Red2002
12-08-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
If anyone has the Cheerleader crap that disappeared bring it to the track with you next time..

If it's what I think it is, I believe I've got it. I'll be going by I2 tomorrow and Wednesday. Where can I leave it for you?

L8 APEX
12-08-2002, 10:49 PM
I am holding tryouts for TALON Cheereleaders:D Anyone get a pic of Wayne purging on the line?

Sixpipes
12-08-2002, 11:04 PM
.............or me purging at the porta-toilet? :p

Silver_2000
12-08-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
I am holding tryouts for TALON Cheereleaders:D Anyone get a pic of Wayne purging on the line?

Tried to but he needs to purge at least twice once quick then for at least a sec to get a good shot.

Purge
Pause
the photog has the chance to say hey that would be cool to get
Purge

Doug

tliss
12-09-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Sixpipes
.............or me purging at the porta-toilet? :p

I think this is it:

http://www.svt-enthusiast.com/albums/madness/1092_G_001.gif

If someone did get this shot, please keep it to yourself.....

Tom

Sixpipes
12-09-2002, 08:57 AM
Flatsman - You will have to address your concerns to the rules commitee...:D :D
Doug
I expect to include "regular ole F-150s" and Harley F-150s in a seperate class next year. The Lightning class winner and the F-150/Harley class winner will have a showdown for the Top Truck trophy. All kinds of possibilities, but the requirements will be, street legal, less than a 14.99 dial-in and......................no hired drivers. :p

Flats Man
12-09-2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Sixpipes
I expect to include "regular ole F-150s" and Harley F-150s in a seperate class next year. The Lightning class winner and the F-150/Harley class winner will have a showdown for the Top Truck trophy. All kinds of possibilities, but the requirements will be, street legal, less than a 14.99 dial-in and......................no hired drivers. :p
Well there goes my chances if I can't hire "The Great One"

Moonshine
12-09-2002, 11:44 AM
It was a fun day. Congrats to Terry H, Wayne, Dennis, and Crawford. :tu:

Many thanks to Dennis and Doug for setting this up and making it happen. :banana:

For me, it wasn't the best day ever at the track. I started with a 12.90 (at 22 MPH, according to the slip), but it went downhill from there. I never could figure out how to get traction off the line, so no new PB for me, although I did have one slip with a trap speed of over 500 MPH. :rolleyes:

L8 APEX
12-09-2002, 12:48 PM
Tried to but he needs to purge at least twice once quick then for at least a sec to get a good shot.

Purge
Pause
the photog has the chance to say hey that would be cool to get
Purge

Doug
Yeah that is normal for a first time purger:d Next time!