PDA

View Full Version : Stolen.........

Ohmsby
05-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Last night someone stole my Big Tex 10,000 flat bed from in front of the shop the trailer was locked down and has been stored in that spot for over 2 years when not in service.

I am asking you to keep your eyes and ears open for someone with a trailer for sale or if you happen to see some A$$ wholes with a nice trailer it might be mine

Thieves pi$$ me off what a bunch of Fouk sticksssssssssssss:throw:

L8 APEX
05-30-2007, 10:09 AM
I knew this was coming...:tex
I hear there is some red paint on the passenger corner of the fender. I store my trailers without a plate so maybe they would get stopped by the police. I thought about adding some reflective stickers under the plate that said STOLEN when the plate was removed. Sorry to hear but I fully expected it where it was and the world we live in... I run a cable through the wheels and lock the tongue and coupler.. But in that dark nook they have all the time in the world.

tiffo60
05-30-2007, 10:16 AM
the crack head came back to seek revenge:hammer:

sorry to hear john, keep an eye on craigs list

99WhiteBeast
05-30-2007, 10:17 AM
I hear there is some red paint on the passenger corner of the fender.

:hammer: It may be easy to identify due to that fact- maybe a blessing in disguise.

That sucks John- freaking thieving bastang.

Maybe check Craigs list to see if someone is trying to make a quick sale

projlightning
05-30-2007, 11:05 AM
any pics

L-Fever
05-30-2007, 11:29 AM
:hammer: It may be easy to identify due to that fact- maybe a blessing in disguise.

That sucks John- freaking thieving bastang.

Maybe check Craigs list to see if someone is trying to make a quick sale

That sucks big time! I hope the red paint gives it away!

TXLIGHTNING
05-30-2007, 11:56 AM
[quote=L-Fever;127289]That sucks big time! I hope the red paint gives it away![/quote+1 Hope you get it back man, that really sucks!

L8 APEX
05-30-2007, 01:44 PM
It is kind of like this. It has the heavy axles and looks like every other black wood floor heavy construction trailer. John may know any distinguishing marks.
http://www.trucknamerica.com/10pi_lg.jpg

Ohmsby
05-30-2007, 02:03 PM
has or had ramps that flipped up in the rear 10P thanks for the pic Terry

L8 APEX
05-30-2007, 03:57 PM
I thought it had heavier ramps than these. Any spare? Was there a box on the tongue? Any memorable scars, wiring issues? Weld repairs?
http://www.cuddebacktrailer.com/Uploads/12pi20gray__1.JPG

03LightningRocks
05-30-2007, 04:51 PM
I had a 16' flatbed stolen a couple years ago. Cops told me that trailers are pretty much fair game. There is almost no chance of ever getting it back. I started noticing that every trailer on the road looked just like mine.

Sorry to hear you got ripped off. It pisses me off about mine getting stolen, all over again.:flaming:

SILVER2000SVT
05-30-2007, 05:35 PM
What's the best protection against theft?

For mine I run a big A$$ chain through my wheels and frame with two padlocks but want to do a little better after hearing this. Some sort of quality tongue lock maybe, but I've seen several styles and wondered which ones offer the best protection?

L8 APEX
05-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Trailer thieves don't seem to care about tongue locks they either pry them off or just chain it to the bumper and let it slap around until they get away. Removing the wheels is one of the best ways. My dad did that at one house that had crime. he used a coupler lock and took two wheels off and put them away. Unless it is some crazy chain bolt cutters will take it quickly. All criminals carry bolt cutters and pry bars, good ones carry cutting torches. I remember when criminals were hitting David's car wash. They pulled against the coin machines with a work van. They used torch and plasma cutting rigs to torch the stainless panels open. I lock my coupler and run a 1/2" cable through a set of wheels some times both sets of wheels. I take the plate off as well. Mine is also insured against damage and theft. $120 bucks a year.

03LightningRocks
05-30-2007, 09:09 PM
I had a tongue lock, a big arse chain through two wheels one side and a boot type lock on the wheels on the other side. I had a concrete block under the tongue and it was chained to the tongue. I $h!t you not...the sum bitches drug the whole mess out of the parking lot leaving scrapes in the concrete and road for almost three blocks where it appeared they stopped and got crap freed up enough to drive it out on the freeway. All this going on and the cops are so busy stuffing donuts in their faces while they give out tickets that they don't notice anything.:mad:

Mark #2
05-30-2007, 09:35 PM
The only way is to remove the wheels/tires, thieves don't invest in wheels/tires.

But they will knock it off the jack stands and steal the stands.
Our experience in IL.:mad:

If they want it, it is gone.

slick-svt
05-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Had some small thievery around my home some years back, invested in two german rottweilers, nothing since then but did find a bloody shoe once. To bad their leg wasn't still in it :evil

my2002lightning
05-30-2007, 10:47 PM
John,

Sorry to hear! :throw::flaming: What was the word on the police report? I assume you were insured - what does your agent say?

Now that I think about it, maybe you might think about (if you already aren't) get your shop setup for all kinds of burglar alarms since the location is already a target and they've probably seen some pretty nice looking Ls, etc. hanging around and put 1-and-1 together for the next possible hit.:cool:

Good luck against those theiving bastards.:hammer: Been there.

Ronald

Ohmsby
05-31-2007, 07:24 AM
trailer had some tabs welded on were the 10 pen attached the ramps the stockers were **** so we welded some on and no spare

had a tongue lock and 1/2 braided stainless cable on the trailer

Ron the shop has an alarm and camera's so hopefully we wont have them tested The alarm has exterior strobes and the foking siren is loud so hopefully any would be thieves would get the message quick

I have no expectation of the trailer surfacing but I promise you this if I see some sorry bastard with my trailer I will smash him

The problem is that there is no consequence for stealing anymore

99bolt
05-31-2007, 08:28 AM
Had a trailer and skid steer stolen a couple years ago. It was found down in the Houston area a year and a half later. Tractor and trailer on a jobsite making someone else money. When they steal them, they use them because theirs was left broken on the side of the road.

wesman
05-31-2007, 10:13 PM
Sorry to hear it John...I hate thieves. :throw:

One of the problems in Tx is you don't need a title for a trailer unless it's over a certain value. When I bought my boat from OK and went to get a Tx title and registration they said I don't get a title for the trailer, just registration.

BS if you ask me.

--wes

03LightningRocks
05-31-2007, 11:16 PM
I went through the exact same BS when I registered my 16 foot trailer. I was a bit surprised there was not going to be a title. Then when it was stolen, the cops acted as if I had been egged by the neighborhood vandals. They could not have possibly given less of a sh!t. I tried to show them the trail of scrapes and where the perps had stopped to get the darned thing rolling. I expected some kind of investigation...LOL...they told me it wasn't necessary.

Funny thing is, even if the cops see a couple beaners dragging a trailer with a wheel missing down the road at 2 in the morning, they will get accused of profiling or some other kind of bs if they stop the sacks of sh!t. So they just go back to eating their donuts while waiting for someone to run the red light.

Ohmsby
06-01-2007, 07:25 AM
I have a title for this one because of the value/weight I am not sure which drives the necessity of a title.

Rocks they did not even come to our place I phoned it in and they said thanks:flaming: we will investigate.

I know I feel safer in Denton we have red light cameras :d

projlightning
06-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Funny thing is, even if the cops see a couple beaners.......

I knew this was coming......Sad how some grown folks start accusing others for no reason

L8 APEX
06-01-2007, 09:59 AM
I'll accuse the meth head pinko's if it makes you feel any better.

Ohmsby
06-01-2007, 10:39 AM
any race creed color or sex that stole my trailer is an slime bag and if Rock's assumption that it was a beaner is true then he /she is a beaner and also a slime bag:D

projlightning
06-01-2007, 10:45 AM

ha ha...that's pretty messed up but I wouldn't doubt it was a druggy that needed some quick cash.

probably got 1% of what it's worth if in fact it was....

I've gotten the word out anyways. Would posting on craigslist be a bad idea?

SILVER2000SVT
06-01-2007, 10:52 AM
This thread has encouraged me to get my trailer insured for theft. Very similar to the one in the picture and the insurance is $26/year to add comprehensive and collision with a $100 ductible.

L-Fever
06-01-2007, 01:02 PM
****STICKS! :mad:

03LightningRocks
06-01-2007, 02:00 PM

LOL...a meth head pinko with a pickup truck???? :rll: He would have had to steal the pickup truck before he headed over for the trailer.

03LightningRocks
06-01-2007, 02:06 PM
This thread has encouraged me to get my trailer insured for theft. Very similar to the one in the picture and the insurance is $26/year to add comprehensive and collision with a $100 ductible.

I used my business property insurance to get mine replaced. Since it was parked in front of my office, they covered it. I didn't have any auto type insurance on it. My current trailer is covered through my automotive insurance. I got to thinking about what would have happened if it had been stolen while out on the road. I would have been SOL.

L8 APEX
06-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Meth heads cleaned me out before. Cosntable siad they have so much energy they do a lot of identity theft and such because they stay up for day on end able to do tedious tasks.. But hey, they call it stereotyping because it works:D.

03LightningRocks
06-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Meth heads cleaned me out before. Cosntable siad they have so much energy they do a lot of identity theft and such because they stay up for day on end able to do tedious tasks.. But hey, they call it stereotyping because it works:D.

LOL.........:bows

99bolt
06-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Weight is what determines if a trailer is titled or not. Most of the time these trailers are stolen to replace one that gave up. I can almost guarantee you its still in Texas living a hard life. Hopefully you'll get lucky and get it back.

RUNVS
06-02-2007, 02:50 PM
A friend's father got his stolen enclosed trailer back two years after it was stolen. He was driving through the Cinco Ranch subdivision here in Houston and spotted a trailer parked in the street that looked just like the one he had that was stolen two year earlier. There were two distinguishing blemishes on his old trailer and when my friend got out to look, this trailer had the same two blemishes in exactly the same spots.

They called the police and confronted the owner of the house it was parked in front of. They guy was able to produce a sales receipt from a resale outlet, but did not have any kind of title.

My friend's dad was able to find his original sales receipt, title, and serial number. The serial number stamped on the axel housing matched the one on the original bill of sale receipt, so my buddy's dad was given custody of the trailer. :D

Here's to hoping you're just as lucky!