PDA

View Full Version : Home improvement time

jeff56
06-03-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm curious if anyone has any experience with concrete flooring? We're looking at having some rooms redone and are thinking about going with stained concrete. Does anyone have any recommendations, experiences or referrals?

On a separate note, has anyone ever had any iron fence work done? We're looking at redoing just the front portion of our fence that is visible from the street, for aesthetic purposes. We are considering a 6 foot iron fence with the gaps filled with stained cedar pickets. What you wind up with is a combination iron/wood fence. If you haven't seen one, they look great with the combination of black iron and dark cedar. Throw in a couple of ornamental Texas stars on each gate and you've got a nice fence. Only problem is the expense! Holy crap - I knew it would be costly, but with just a portion of the fence being done, I thought it wouldn't be too bad.

I'm curious if anyone else has had iron fencework done lately and can give me an idea of their costs per foot. I understand you can also go with aluminum now too, so I need to talk to my guy and see if that lowers the cost and what his thoughts are ref that.

Fuzion
06-03-2007, 08:42 PM
i know i'm not a great source, but i have stained concrete floors in my bed room. I love em! Whenever i do move out and get my own place, if its a house and i own it i will do stained floors again!

We had my room professionally done, it took about a week to do.

L8 APEX
06-04-2007, 12:01 PM
I prefer razor wire fences:tex

jeff56
06-04-2007, 09:21 PM
The homeowner's association already put the nix on the concertina wire I had planned. :throw:

As far as taking a week - that's a downer :(