PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch the Sopranos ?

tiffo60
06-07-2007, 04:27 PM
If so how did you think its going to end sunday night?

Im not certain which way its going to go and I have read the director shot 3 different endings so the cast wouldnt even know exactly how it was going to end but I think Tony and Paulie will end up in a ok corral shoot out with Phil and crew, maybe leave an open ending for a possible movie, but this is just a guess, i have no idea at this point

StormShadow
06-07-2007, 07:24 PM
That would be sweet. I dont have a clue whats going to happen but I'm figuring someones gonna die. :banana:

BC Lightning
06-07-2007, 09:49 PM
but I'm figuring someones gonna die. :banana:

thank you captain obvious :D

I still can't believe how last weeks episode ended, let alone how they are going to end the series. A movie would be real cool, but I doubt it would ever happen........or would it, guess we shall see on sunday

gbgary
06-07-2007, 10:37 PM
i just can't believe they will end the saga with tony being killed so i'll say it'll end on a positive note. yes he's a killer and all but to have watched all the episodes over the years and have him end up dead, however justified, would leave me feeling i wasted my time.

BC Lightning
06-07-2007, 10:46 PM
i just can't believe they will end the saga with tony being killed so i'll say it'll end on a positive note. yes he's a killer and all but to have watched all the episodes over the years and have him end up dead, however justified, would leave me feeling i wasted my time.

although that might be a filmed ending, I don't think that will be the one getting air time, I have a feeling there will be some kinda twist or cliff hanger

but if they do kill off Tony then yes I agree with you, I will feel like I wasted my time

tiffo60
06-08-2007, 07:51 AM
although that might be a filmed ending, I don't think that will be the one getting air time, I have a feeling there will be some kinda twist or cliff hanger

but if they do kill off Tony then yes I agree with you, I will feel like I wasted my time

yeah if Tony gets killed off I may never watch the show again, :flaming:

but i think theres a reason they havent actually showed Silvio dead or in the hospital, it may not be over for him yet either

gbgary
06-10-2007, 09:30 PM
i hated that ending. LOL. sure leaves it open for some sort of movie or something...or does it? james gandolfini said he was glad to be rid of tony. who knows.

Silver_2000
06-10-2007, 10:13 PM
I thought my dvr screwed up ... LOL

What an anticlimax

disappointed

StormShadow
06-10-2007, 10:57 PM
I thought my dvr screwed up ... LOL

What an anticlimax

disappointed
Haha Doug, so did I. I flipped the channel to see if I lost satellite signal. It sure left a lot of loose ends. Maybe there will be a movie or three.

my2002lightning
06-11-2007, 12:04 AM
I thought something happened to the signal here, too. :confused:

I just started watching recently, but, yes, there seemed to be ALOT of foreshadowing at the end as Tony was in the diner with his family as they were joining him. I wonder if Tony's choice of Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" on the jukebox was yet another not-so subtle gesture for the other expected diner "patrons". :cool:

This is all with the hit-man looking dude walking in solo and sizing-up the situation and the two others walking in next - as they were checking out the jukebox briefly.

Then the hit-man takes off to the restroom, with Tony and family in the restaurant booth visiting before the abrupt scene cut.

Definitely room for more Sopranos given all the loose ends.:cool:

BC Lightning
06-11-2007, 12:13 AM
I thought something happened to the signal here, too. :confused:

I just started watching recently, but, yes, there seemed to be ALOT of foreshadowing at the end as Tony was in the diner with his family as they were joining him. I wonder if Tony's choice of Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" on the jukebox was yet another not-so subtle gesture for the other expected diner "patrons". :cool:

This is all with the hit-man looking dude walking in solo and sizing-up the situation and the two others walking in next - as they were checking out the jukebox briefly.

Then the hit-man takes off to the restroom, with Tony and family in the restaurant booth visiting before the abrupt scene cut.

Definitely room for more Sopranos given all the loose ends.:cool:

It ended how I thought it might, I figured they would leave it wide open

03LightningRocks
06-11-2007, 01:15 AM
That was some weird sh!t. I thought my satelite signal screwed up. Man, I said some serious curse words in that 1-2 second period...LOL. I was waiting for the dude who walked into the diner with little tony to shoot the whole damned family. Then the two homies walked in and I thought for sure the family was about to get it. Nope...we end the whole series eating onion rings...LMAO. That's cool...I would have been bummed if the family all got wacked out.

BC Lightning
06-11-2007, 01:22 AM
...I would have been bummed if the family all got wacked out.

Who is to say they won't :tex

Silver_2000
06-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Who is to say they won't :tex

its over

tiffo60
06-11-2007, 07:39 AM
definitely didnt end the way i expected, but phils head getting ran over by the expy was a nice touch:d

StormShadow
06-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Here is another take, since the whole series was from Tony's point of view and we are seeing things thru his eyes. What if that dead air was in fact Tony getting whacked and thats when the lights went out and he never saw it coming? :confused:

tiffo60
06-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Here is another take, since the whole series was from Tony's point of view and we are seeing things thru his eyes. What if that dead air was in fact Tony getting whacked and thats when the lights went out and he never saw it coming? :confused:

i have thought about this, but there is no reason for him to have gotten hit, phil's dead, his crew made a deal they would back off(which could have been to get tony out in the open) but i think it was just a way to leave everyone on the edge of there seats, wanting more. They left it to where they can make a movie of it if they wanted too or they could just leave it alone. Time will tell.

Silver_2000
06-11-2007, 11:44 AM

that actually makes a little sense

TXLIGHTNING
06-11-2007, 11:47 AM
that actually makes a little sense They seem to pop them in the head from behind.

tiffo60
06-11-2007, 12:32 PM
They seem to pop them in the head from behind.

that and you should have heard a scream from one of the family members that was in there right before he got popped, I mean some had to see the guy come out of the bath room with a pistol in hand, or if it was the two thugs that walked thru the door then tony would have seen it coming, but i do agree that this was one way the director left it to be interpreted but he left it that way so he had a way to pick up where he left off if need be.

Silver_2000
06-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Think about how many people are now canceling their HBO subscriptions

Im one of them ... northing else worth watching on HBO - Really old movies and not much else

tiffo60
06-11-2007, 01:33 PM

Im one of them ... northing else worth watching on HBO - Really old movies and not much else

i have actually read some post's on some discussion forums of numerous people that all said they were cancelling there subscriptions:rll::rll::rll:

BC Lightning
06-11-2007, 02:09 PM

Canceled my HBO today :rolleyes:

I read where the movie that is being filmed is a pre-quel (SP.???) to the show

tiffo60
06-11-2007, 02:20 PM
this is an intersting view point i read

No, you're all missing it. Tony doesn't get whacked in the restaurant. It's YOU, the viewer who gets whacked. It's genius. You're all keyed up waiting for something to happen to Tony as he looks down at the menu and the song selections. You're waiting for something to happen to AJ. You feel something awful is going to happen to Meadow as she struggles to park and runs into the street. Chase makes you think everyone in the room is there to kill everyone in the family. In the end it was you who was killed which implies you were a part of the "family". You were sitting at eye level with Tony as if you were in the booth. Bobby and Tony said earlier in the season "You never even see it coming". It explains why there was a quick commotion and Tony looked up and all WE see is black and silence. It suddenly makes you feel as if you are in the show. Furthermore, it makes you think you were there all along and reflect in a different perspective on the entire series.

StormShadow
06-11-2007, 02:57 PM

What about Deadwood? Aren't they making another season of Deadwood? Oh and Curb your Enthusiasm is coming back for another season.

03LightningRocks
06-11-2007, 03:09 PM

I am also canceling HBO. Soprano viewing was the only reason I kept it. I am also canceling the entire movies part of my Directv. My daughter was telling me last night that folks in a couple forums she frequents are also canceling HBO. It might get nasty...LOL.

BC Lightning
06-11-2007, 04:16 PM
I am also canceling HBO. Soprano viewing was the only reason I kept it. I am also canceling the entire movies part of my Directv. My daughter was telling me last night that folks in a couple forums she frequents are also canceling HBO. It might get nasty...LOL.

The Sopranos is the only reason for HBO I don't like any of the other shows they have or the movies they play

Silver_2000
06-11-2007, 04:30 PM
What about Deadwood? Aren't they making another season of Deadwood? Oh and Curb your Enthusiasm is coming back for another season.

never watched deadwood and CANT STAND curb your enthusiasm -
Never been impressed by people who just rehash the same idiotic stuff over and over - its just that guy Larry David being that guy - it stops being funny after about 10 min - I know it gets all kinds of industry buzz - but I dont get it -

03LightningRocks
06-11-2007, 04:32 PM
The Sopranos is the only reason for HBO I don't like any of the other shows they have or the movies they play

By knocking the movie channels off my bill, I just reduced the monthly payment by 40 bucks. I didn't really think about how much extra that stuff was costing until today.

03LightningRocks
06-11-2007, 04:49 PM
never watched deadwood and CANT STAND curb your enthusiasm -
Never been impressed by people who just rehash the same idiotic stuff over and over - its just that guy Larry David being that guy - it stops being funny after about 10 min - I know it gets all kinds of industry buzz - but I dont get it -

I watched Deadwood a few times. It was OK, but it didn't really get me hooked. Curb your enthusiam did about the same for me as it did Doug.

Silver_2000
06-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Well I just canceled cinemax and HBO - Almost $30 a month more for beer

FRDRCING
06-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Yeah not sure what is going to be good to watch on tv anymore now. Soprano's was the show to watch. Deadwood and the other show's, I had no intrest in them. All the reality TV shows now just are ruining tv in general. I don't think we will cancel the movie channels due to no more sopraon's. Im sure HBO has something comeing out soon and not going to release it to get back the fan base they had with The soprano's.

Silver_2000
06-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Lets assume that I get charged to either cancel it or put it back ... If the charge is $25 I save that in a month. I know there is nothing that I will miss this month and once people cancel " just to see if I miss it " many never come back

StormShadow
06-11-2007, 06:02 PM
The only other show I really watch right now is The Office. Does anyone watch that show?

gbgary
06-11-2007, 07:46 PM
The only other show I really watch right now is The Office. Does anyone watch that show?

i haven't but Dexter is about to start it's second season. that's a great show. in case you don't know, it's about a serial killer, who works for the miami police dept., who kills other serial killers.

BC Lightning
06-11-2007, 10:35 PM
All the reality TV shows now just are ruining tv in general.

hmmmmm i'm in the finals for a certain reality show :rolleyes:

TXLIGHTNING
06-12-2007, 09:17 AM
i haven't but Dexter is about to start it's second season. that's a great show. in case you don't know, it's about a serial killer, who works for the miami police dept., who kills other serial killers. +1 on Dexter :tu:

TXLIGHTNING
06-12-2007, 09:19 AM
hmmmmm i'm in the finals for a certain reality show :rolleyes:And one that sucks balls IMO :D.

tiffo60
06-12-2007, 11:17 AM
I also watch Entourage on HBO, im sure its taylored more for the younger audience but its keeps my attention so I will continue to have HBO atleast till that one ends:cool:

Silver_2000
06-12-2007, 12:06 PM
I also watch Entourage on HBO, im sure its taylored more for the younger audience but its keeps my attention so I will continue to have HBO atleast till that one ends:cool:
I forgot about entourage ... Damn ... Oh well its already gone

StormShadow
06-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Today I checked out a show called Flight of the Concords. WTF is this? Crazy ass show, kinda funny, really stupid but I think I would enjoy it if I was wasted. Here is a link to todays episode which is episode 1.
http://www.hbo.com/conchords/video/index.html