PDA

View Full Version : Going to the dyno tomorrow

BC Lightning
06-08-2007, 04:10 PM
So which one to go to?? RPM? HPP? another one of choice?? I'm going to be going to John's shop early to pick up my new M&H slicks and have them mounted at the tire shop next door, then will be traveling down 35 and knew these 2 would be close.

I'll be running my street tune and street pulley combo, which is a 3.50 upper and 8# lower and hitting 16-17#s (according to my broken autometer guage) on 11* of timing, but will add some 104 to the tank. I'm curious to see what kind of power she has and what the IAT temp is with the new CAI, according to the butt-dyno it does feel a little better but only the data from the data logs will tell

what should the fuel pressure be at WOT????

L8 APEX
06-08-2007, 05:07 PM
55lbs+
I just threw a get it running tune on there so watch it. I have to work Saturday or I would meet you there and work on it with you. If you want to data log some 2nd gear 30mph roll on's I will work on it for you. Jimmy said Josh's motor was using oil and making some startup noise. RPM is a friendlier place, HPP will tune it for you.:evil

L-Fever
06-08-2007, 06:07 PM
RPM! :tu:

TXLIGHTNING
06-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Where is RPM located? Do they have a website?

L-Fever
06-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Where is RPM located? Do they have a website?

Lewisville,

http://www.real-performance-motorsports.com/

L8 APEX
06-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Lewisville,

http://www.real-performance-motorsports.com/
DUH:hammer: Tony is a fukstik!

L-Fever
06-08-2007, 06:34 PM
DUH:hammer: Tony is a fukstik!

:rll::rll:

TXLIGHTNING
06-08-2007, 06:35 PM
DUH:hammer: Tony is a fukstik! Ha Ha :throw: :D

TXLIGHTNING
06-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Lewisville,

http://www.real-performance-motorsports.com/ Thanks Steve :beer:.

L-Fever
06-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Thanks Steve :beer:.

:tu:

BC Lightning
06-08-2007, 08:24 PM
55lbs+
I just threw a get it running tune on there so watch it. I have to work Saturday or I would meet you there and work on it with you. If you want to data log some 2nd gear 30mph roll on's I will work on it for you. Jimmy said Josh's motor was using oil and making some startup noise. RPM is a friendlier place, HPP will tune it for you.:evil

I'll go do that and send them to you :tu:

BC Lightning
06-08-2007, 08:26 PM
RPM! :tu:

after making the thread i thought about it and decided RPM

even though its not the same people working at HPP (Speedworks), just knowing a L blew up on the dyno at HPP makes me weary

wesman
06-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Mikes exclusive Customs in Hurst off of 26 is pretty cool. Jeff and I dynoed the Viper/Vette there a few months back.

--wes

Fuzion
06-09-2007, 12:59 AM
after making the thread i thought about it and decided RPM

even though its not the same people working at HPP (Speedworks), just knowing a L blew up on the dyno at HPP makes me weary

I blew the HD up 11 days after leaving HPP!

BC Lightning
06-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Well I couldn't data log on the dyno because I forgot to charge my tablet pc and it died before we get get a run in :hammer:

I did get a data log on the way there, so I will use that to make adjustments to the tune

not bad for 11* of timing, there is still way too much power left on the table, I should see a drastic increase in power with the fuel system installed

a/f was around 11.8-12.2 on my wideband, and was around 17#s of boost

Here it is: 524hp/627trq

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Dyno_6-9-07.jpg

slick-svt
06-09-2007, 08:45 PM
NICE :bows

L8 APEX
06-09-2007, 10:26 PM
I looked over your data log, you need to check your IC pump/system. Your secondary IAT's are peaking at 170 degrees, the computer is sucking all the timing it can down to about 7 degrees. You need to get to the bottom of that problem quick fast. 17psi at 170 degrees on ethanol pump gas= a bad day.. The downstream air temps should be around 130 or less.

BC Lightning
06-09-2007, 10:30 PM
I looked over your data log, you need to check your IC pump/system. Your secondary IAT's are peaking at 170 degrees, the computer is sucking all the timing it can down to about 7 degrees. You need to get to the bottom of that problem quick fast. 17psi at 170 degrees on ethanol pump gas= a bad day.. The downstream air temps should be around 130 or less.

I had 3 bags of ice in the supercooler in the bed and IC pump is working during the dyno, I didn't have any ice in the cooler during the last data log, but IC pump is working

TXLIGHTNING
06-09-2007, 10:34 PM
I had 3 bags of ice in the supercooler in the bed and IC pump is working dufing the dyno, I didnt have any ice in the cooler during the last data log, but IC pump is working Do you have fans on your HE?

BC Lightning
06-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Do you have fans on your HE?

for 3 years now

TXLIGHTNING
06-09-2007, 10:36 PM
for 3 years now Is your IC clean?

BC Lightning
06-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Is your IC clean?

still pretty new, came off Johns DSG lightning

L8 APEX
06-09-2007, 10:43 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/imsicap1.JPG
I'll send you another config see if it will work, then you can see IAT1 also. I think you have to enter the analog each time reguardless? Since discharge is tied to your inlet temp we may also look there, but 170 is ridiculous out of that huge blower.

L8 APEX
06-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Here is how one should look, this was a dyno pull on a 100 degree day see the 96+ degree inlet temps. 126 deg discharge off a Whipple at 15psi, the computer is happy and running it timing number is 15'.
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/dyno1.JPG

BC Lightning
06-09-2007, 11:16 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/imsicap1.JPG
I'll send you another config see if it will work, then you can see IAT1 also. I think you have to enter the analog each time regardless? Since discharge is tied to your inlet temp we may also look there, but 170 is ridiculous out of that huge blower.

its saying the config wont load since it doesn't match vehicle?????

L8 APEX
06-09-2007, 11:23 PM
its saying the config wont load since it doesn't match vehicle?????
Stoopid URB1 processors, you have to use it as a reference then and modify your old config or make a new one and save it. What an exciting Saturday night I'm gonna start drinking now..:beer:

L8 APEX
06-10-2007, 12:08 AM
See the IAT1 100-120 degrees on a 82 degree night. I'd say your big fancy inlet tube is soaking major heat. Be careful with that truck those are some radical temps to run it under..

L8 APEX
06-10-2007, 12:33 AM
It is my opinion the big steel inlet tube running through the engine bay behind the radiator to the ground was designed by a fukstick for other fuksticks to spend their money one.:D While driving along the 180+ degree air coming through the radiator is heating up the inlet pipe. You can see when the air moves faster through the tube it absorbs less heat it drops from 120 to 100 degrees. We all know if you hold your hand over the street you feel the radiant heat coming up from the pavement. That is what you are cramming into your engine after you run it through your 4" tube being heated by the 180 degree radiator discharge and engine bay heat. Wrapping the muffler pipe tube with a thermal barrier would help but you are still sucking hot pavement air. Or something like that..

BC Lightning
06-10-2007, 10:28 AM
It is my opinion the big steel inlet tube running through the engine bay behind the radiator to the ground was designed by a fukstick for other fuksticks to spend their money one.:D While driving along the 180+ degree air coming through the radiator is heating up the inlet pipe. You can see when the air moves faster through the tube it absorbs less heat it drops from 120 to 100 degrees. We all know if you hold your hand over the street you feel the radiant heat coming up from the pavement. That is what you are cramming into your engine after you run it through your 4" tube being heated by the 180 degree radiator discharge and engine bay heat. Wrapping the muffler pipe tube with a thermal barrier would help but you are still sucking hot pavement air. Or something like that..

I have spoke with Dante and he said the tube was installed wrong, that it makes a 90 degree turn from the rubber elbow and goes straight down the drivers side instead of behind the radiator

so whats the difference between sucking hot air off the pavement or sucking it in from the engine bay?? Maybe I'm missing something but sucking in hotter air in the engine bay is worse than the pavement??

Like I said it was installed wrong and will be fixed and hopefully that will help the problem