PDA

View Full Version : More apt thievery!

L8 APEX
06-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Well there is a college kid with a nice silver SRT 10 in the complex. It was sitting on blocks the other morning. Someone took all 4 wheels off of it right in the parking lot where it sits...

TXLIGHTNING
06-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Well there is a college kid with a nice silver SRT 10 in the complex. It was sitting on blocks the other morning. Someone took all 4 wheels off of it right in the parking lot where it sits... Let me catch someone fuking with my ride :mad: :throw:

tiffo60
06-12-2007, 12:51 PM
the kid should consider it a blessing, now he can get the insurance money for those overpriced OEM 22inch boat anchors and get some nice 18s and some rubber that will hook:D

03LightningRocks
06-12-2007, 01:43 PM
the kid should consider it a blessing, now he can get the insurance money for those overpriced OEM 22inch boat anchors and get some nice 18s and some rubber that will hook:D

:rll::rll::rll:

98Cobra
06-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Man - where do you live? South Cracktown?

03LightningRocks
06-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Let me catch someone fuking with my ride :mad: :throw:

I am actually hoping I don't walk up on someone stealing anything off of anyones ride. After being victimized twice now, I am afraid I will have a flash back and do something real stupidhttp://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226418.gif.

L8 APEX
06-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Man - where do you live? South Cracktown?
190 and Coit North Dallas/Plano border.

Ohmsby
06-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Well there is a college kid with a nice silver SRT 10 in the complex. It was sitting on blocks the other morning. Someone took all 4 wheels off of it right in the parking lot where it sits...

those thieves need to steal a trailer so they could get the whole truck:hammer:

I may have a lead on my trailer I will keep you updated

tiffo60
06-12-2007, 02:42 PM
those thieves need to steal a trailer so they could get the whole truck:hammer:

be sure to let us know before the authorities so proper action can be taken:D

projlightning
06-12-2007, 02:43 PM
At an APT complex?...someone had to see something...

SWEET! good luck...

L8 APEX
06-12-2007, 03:37 PM
The problem is I know it will end up being some 15yr old spoiled kid and his parents will be crying on channel 4 saying what a good kid he was and he never stole before and he was just in the wrong place, he was about to go to college etc... Instead he got enrolled in the fast track program and skipped 60yrs ahead and went straight to hell with the rest of the fuksticks that steal our stuff!:flaming:

Fuzion
06-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Friend of mines Dodge 1500 he had the stock 20s on it and they got stolen off his truck at his Apt in Mesquite, along with his tailgate. He is now sporting 22s.

L8 APEX
06-12-2007, 04:49 PM
I have locked all of my Ford tailgates. GM includes them from the factory now..

charlie
06-12-2007, 05:25 PM
190 and Coit North Dallas/Plano border.

I lived there 15 years ago, on Mcallem. It was not too bad then.

Charlie

Fuzion
06-12-2007, 05:28 PM
I have locked all of my Ford tailgates. GM includes them from the factory now..

Right after my dad got his 2003 F250, he had a snugtop installed locked and even had the tailgate locked. Came out from dinner at Salt Grass in Rockwall, the tailgate was gone and the tonneau cover was tore up where they pried the locks up.

I now rarely lock my snugtop, and well i can't lock my tailgate.

mikelemoine
06-12-2007, 09:25 PM
They sell micro DVR recorders and cameras now that you can put in your car to watch around it and produce evidence (should you decide to call the cops). I'm considering gettng a couple to cover different areas so I can see who did it if they do it! They record when the camera senses motion (video change) so they only store the good stuff. Of course, that doesn't help much if they take the whole truck or steal the DVR.

BTW: I've already installed night vision cameras and a DVR at the house along with motion sense beepers in the yard. It records 10000 hours then starts over again! Ran me about $500 at Frys for the whole setup. Get the Swan Nighthawk brand, they work the best in the dark.

03LightningRocks
06-12-2007, 10:42 PM
They sell micro DVR recorders and cameras now that you can put in your car to watch around it and produce evidence (should you decide to call the cops). I'm considering gettng a couple to cover different areas so I can see who did it if they do it! They record when the camera senses motion (video change) so they only store the good stuff. Of course, that doesn't help much if they take the whole truck or steal the DVR.

BTW: I've already installed night vision cameras and a DVR at the house along with motion sense beepers in the yard. It records 10000 hours then starts over again! Ran me about $500 at Frys for the whole setup. Get the Swan Nighthawk brand, they work the best in the dark.

Thanks for the info. My daughter is about to buy a home and I want to hook her up with some serious security. I suggested a hot button to my cell phone and she didn't think I was serious. At least that was the impression I got when she started laughing as she walked off.

mikelemoine
06-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the info. My daughter is about to buy a home and I want to hook her up with some serious security. I suggested a hot button to my cell phone and she didn't think I was serious. At least that was the impression I got when she started laughing as she walked off. Ha,sounds like my 19 y/o! Guess we have to worry about them since they haven't learned how to do it themselves.

PS- This is a link to my DVR (for $100 less than I paid 7 mos ago!). I actually found a smart sales guy at Frys and he helped me pick this one for features and video quality. It has higher resolution (similar to A/V quality) then most security DVRs and up to four separate views at once. Ive had mine running solid since December and no issues at all. Hope this helps YOU sleep better even if she doesn't seem interested in it! :)

Sorry Terry for the Hijack!

http://shop2.outpost.com/%7BITpXg+qQmxXTyVGVawpInA**.node1%7D/product/5048565;jsessionid=ITpXg+qQmxXTyVGVawpInA**.node1? site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG (http://shop2.outpost.com/%7BITpXg+qQmxXTyVGVawpInA**.node1%7D/product/5048565;jsessionid=ITpXg+qQmxXTyVGVawpInA**.node1? site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG)

L8 APEX
06-12-2007, 11:20 PM
It is hard to educate the girls to keep themselves safe. No hijack here. One of the girls at work asked me to recommend a pistol for her. She lives with three roomates in a house and wants to feel secure. She just couldn't understand why I didn't recommend a pistol for home defense. She firmly believes that if you point a 9mm in the general direction of someone and pull the trigger once they instantly and silently fall down dead:rolleyes:. There are SO many details to being secure or prepared, it takes a lifetime to develop. I have learned you cannot make anyone listen. A lot of times they have to learn the hard way that society is dangerous.

Silver_2000
06-12-2007, 11:29 PM
What makes you think they wont take the DVR ?

03LightningRocks
06-13-2007, 12:13 AM
What makes you think they wont take the DVR ?

My thought was to hide it.:cool: Between the security system calling the cops and the cameras outside having a picture of the perp, I don't think they will have time to go digging through every nook and cranny looking for a DVR.

L8 APEX
06-13-2007, 10:06 AM
I prefer Supercircuits.com stuff it is prof grade. I log in anywhere and see live feed or history from any web connection.