PDA

View Full Version : What are the best options for slicks?

TxBolt
12-08-2002, 08:19 PM
I need to get some slicks and what are the best options? I seen Doug change from large Hoosier's to smaller radials. Do thay change as you go up in hp or change to nitrous? Tration bars are on my list as well. What yall think of the Truc- Tracks or the Rancharo Bars from LFP? I don't know how many folks saw my sliding in one run, but I was close to the wall sideways.:nono: Any help will be appriciated. Thanks Tim. Oh Terry go get those 10s dog! Make It Dance!!:nana2

L8 APEX
12-08-2002, 08:35 PM
How did you like the Hoosier tires you ran on? I am not sure how the Truck Tracks work, maybe the Cal Tracs? I like the 28" Hoosier full slicks nnot the DOT's. Some buys have to run a DOT for competition and bracket rules. My customers did well on the loaner set we brought out. Red02 went from 12.6's on Nitto drag radials to 12.4's on the Hoosiers. Wayne would have had 11's with better tires, a 12.05 was all his DOT M/T's could hold:hammer:

03LightningRocks
12-08-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by 380hp
I need to get some slicks and what are the best options? I seen Doug change from large Hoosier's to smaller radials. Do thay change as you go up in hp or change to nitrous? Tration bars are on my list as well. What yall think of the Truc- Tracks or the Rancharo Bars from LFP? I don't know how many folks saw my sliding in one run, but I was close to the wall sideways.:nono: Any help will be appriciated. Thanks Tim. Oh Terry go get those 10s dog! Make It Dance!!:nana2

Weren't you making a pass when that little yellow hot rod tried to come across the trck at you?

For the life of me, I can't remember the make of that darned car. It must be old age setting in...LOL.

I just about dropped a load when that happened. Thank goodness it didn't get over on you.

Rocks

L8 APEX
12-08-2002, 09:00 PM
I think that was against a True Blue 02 with tailgate down, must be my youth:twitch:

03LightningRocks
12-08-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
I think that was against a True Blue 02 with tailgate down, must be my youth:twitch:

Your right that did happen against a trueblue.

LMAO...Geezus...I looked at 380hp pic and thought it was a true blue...Help, now my vision is going.

TxBolt
12-08-2002, 09:33 PM
Was that car a Maverick? Well I asked cause Doug changed to smaller tires. And does that effect the gear ratio? I liked them, I could not heat them up like I wanted cause thay were not mine. I felt slippege at about 60ft. When I watched Terry do his burnout, he didn't spin his tires hard enough to get the red sand off, so thay could not have been hot. Since it costs so much I don't want to buy 2 sets. Thanks!

Sixpipes
12-08-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by 380hp
I need to get some slicks and what are the best options?
Tim

I would suggest the Mickey Thompson ET Streets or the Hoosiers. I have been running the same 26X11.5X16 ET Streets for two years now and they still have a year or so left in them. I will probably be switching over to the Hoosiers because I understand they are more consistant than the ET Streets which is real important in bracket racing. You could go with 15 inch wheels if you don't mind doing a little work on your rear calipers. There are a ton of options if you use a 15 inch wheel. :cool:

Silver_2000
12-08-2002, 11:31 PM
I hooked better with the ETs I had but I need to get more rubber on the track one way or another...

Considering the full slicks by either MT or Hoosier... Hoosiers QTP DOT slicks are out of production till next year ..

Doug

Mark #2
12-09-2002, 09:43 AM
Doug,
What kind of 60 fts on the Hoosier QTPs? with the traks? You know, just for comparison.

Ripster
12-10-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by 03LightningRocks
I just about dropped a load when that happened. Thank goodness it didn't get over on you.

Rocks [/B]

If you were about to drop a load, you should have seen it from my point of view. I used to be a big fan of the Vega.

Silver_2000
12-10-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by HIHOAG
Doug,
What kind of 60 fts on the Hoosier QTPs? with the traks? You know, just for comparison.
Mark
The track was not the same....
The "slippage " I felt the first weekend was explained when we were pushing Terrys truck off the track. The slippage occured when the track went from concrete to asphalt at about 60-100 ft

The left lane has a hole in the asphalt right near the transition that is almost too big to straddle with your tires.. If you see it. A layer of asphalt is missing - 1-2 inch hole that is like 20 or more inches around.

The truck traks didnt help or hurt, that I can tell.. I ran your slicks and mine - I got a 1.8 even in mine after having trouble with yours BUT like I said it was the track NOT the tires... The big ones just didnt make up ENOUGH difference..

1.77 H - Ran 12.36
1.96 H
1.82 H
1.87 H
1.80 H or ET ?
1.82 ETs
1.78 ETs
This week

Compared to

Last week

I know that a part of it is my technique... BUT last week I sucked JUST as bad and pulled 1.7s everytime

PS - Hope you dont mind I loaned your slicks to Tim - 380 HP - He was burning his tires 1/2 way down the track... The slicks helped...

Let me know when you want to get them.. I have them in the back so any time.

Thanks again for the Loan ..

As bad a bracket racer as I am Ill likey buy true slicks.. Not sure which yet... but I may get the narrower ones to make it easier to get good contact patch..

Doug

Silver_2000
12-10-2002, 10:28 PM
Oh did I mention my 10.8 second reaction time.. ? :D

I was a complete space cadet on Saturday ...

I think I had other things on my mind...

Doug

Mark #2
12-11-2002, 12:15 PM
Tim-380Hp,
What kind of 60 fts and times did you run on my tires? What mods to you have?

This was a test and tune for me without my truck. :)

Mark

Sixpipes
12-11-2002, 07:36 PM
I know Tim had a 1.946 against me in the second round of eliminations. :cool:

J.D. Blackwell
12-11-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
Oh did I mention my 10.8 second reaction time.. ? :D

I was a complete space cadet on Saturday ...

I think I had other things on my mind...

Doug

LMAO, I forgot about that. Doug just let Terry win the first round. Terry even ran a 11.70 on a 11.10 dial and still won.lol

I think Doug was dreaming about getting some head or something.:hammer: