PDA

View Full Version : "ported blowers?"

mardyn
06-19-2007, 09:58 PM
What's the 411 on the "ported blower" deal?

Does it work, who does it, how much does it cost?

Does it reduce the charge temp as claimed...

I'm thinking about have mine done.

Anyone have any thoughts on the topic?

mardyn

L8 APEX
06-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Apten and Steig do the best ports. I wouldn't waste 500+ bucks on it, they run sales now and then. Heatons run hot no matter what. To get the benefit of the port you are supposed to spin them harder around 16-17psi. A stock eaton can pump 12-13 without a problem. Just buy a second hang KB and be in a better place. For all the hassle most guys see 10-15hp if that and some loose bottom end..

Chris94L
06-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Does Kenne Bell produce a blower for a GT?

TXLIGHTNING
06-20-2007, 09:26 AM
Does Kenne Bell produce a blower for a GT? Ford GT or Ford Mustang GT? As far as I know the Ford GT is still in production, they have them for all Mustang GT's 86 and up :tu:.
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/SuperchargerApplicationSele.gif

mardyn
06-20-2007, 01:58 PM
My gut feel is that porting the blower is really not worth the effort. Just wanting to get some other opinions from y'all over here.

I think KB makes a new snout/pulley kit for the Ford GT... no super chargers from them yet though. Whipple makes a very nice unit to replace the OEM blower, but it's kinda' pricey at $10K or so.

I'm currently running at 15 psi with a fairly conservative SCT tune-up... and it runs great as is... but I thought if there was some free power to be found by cleaning up the bottom of the blower case, well, why not? Maybe next time I have the blower off the car I'll consider it, but I don't think I'm gonna' pull it back off just to port it.

mardyn

TXLIGHTNING
06-20-2007, 02:00 PM
My gut feel is that porting the blower is really not worth the effort. Just wanting to get some other opinions from y'all over here.

I think KB makes a new snout/pulley kit for the Ford GT... no super chargers from them yet though. Whipple makes a very nice unit to replace the OEM blower, but it's kinda' pricey at $10K or so.

I'm currently running at 15 psi with a fairly conservative SCT tune-up... and it runs great as is... but I thought if there was some free power to be found by cleaning up the bottom of the blower case, well, why not? Maybe next time I have the blower off the car I'll consider it, but I don't think I'm gonna' pull it back off just to port it.

mardyn Good choice, wait to get a KB or Whipple :tu:.