PDA

View Full Version : Wear spot in drivers seat...

GoldLS1
06-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Im sure I could use the search button and look it up, but the wear mark in the drivers side seat, what does it take to cut whatever it is out?? If ya have the whole what it is, why its there, whatever info ya got, id like know.

slick-svt
06-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Its a bar that runs there, think most people put some kinda padded hose on it. I had mine fixed under warrenty but if you drive it every day it'll still show some wear. (or at least mine does)

tiffo60
06-26-2007, 08:33 AM
stock material on our seats wears crappy no matter what, me being 250lb doesnt help much either

GoldLS1
06-26-2007, 09:27 AM
So it can be fixed under warranty?? Hummmm truck still has the warranty on it, dont know if I want them to see all the mods tho (or if itll matter)??

tiffo60
06-26-2007, 09:28 AM
So it can be fixed under warranty?? Hummmm truck still has the warranty on it, dont know if I want them to see all the mods tho (or if itll matter)??

they shouldnt have any reason to pop the hood or drive it for that matter

wesman
06-26-2007, 01:07 PM
lol...I can see it now

"sir, your seat repair has been denied. We believe that your air filter contributed to the premature failing of your seat upholstery ":rll::hammer:

Ohmsby
06-26-2007, 01:12 PM
lol...I can see it now

"sir, your seat repair has been denied. We believe that your air filter contributed to the premature failing of your seat upholstery ":rll::hammer:

this one helps with warranty's being denied http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act

L8 APEX
06-26-2007, 01:23 PM
this one helps with warranty's being denied http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act
If you have the funds to take Ford motor Co to court and wait while hell freezes over maybe. They usually just wait you out.

Ohmsby
06-26-2007, 01:38 PM
If you have the funds to take Ford motor Co to court and wait while hell freezes over maybe. They usually just wait you out.

Actually the fun part of this act is that the EPA is the regulatory on this one and they act as the consumer advocate

The last thing the Dealership wants is to be in the middle of some EPA bullchit I have used this act to my advantage on several occasions.

I actually had a fuel pump denied because of a 4" lift on one of my super duties and after some discussion it became clear to them that a fuel pump was cheaper than dealing with the EPA

L8 APEX
06-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Glad it worked for you, they just charged me teardown and loaded my parts in the bed when I told them to prove mods were cause of failure.:hammer:

Ohmsby
06-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Glad it worked for you, they just charged me teardown and loaded my parts in the bed when I told them to prove mods were cause of failure.:hammer:

I persuaded them with my overwhelming charm and charisma :icon_mrgreen:

RUNVS
07-02-2007, 10:09 PM
I just repaired my driver's seat for the same reason. The bottom and the back side bolster were both worn pretty bad. The upholstery shop that made the repair removed and replaced both of the worn fabric panels and while they were in there, wrapped the support bars with burlap then topped it off with high-density foam. $280.00 later, it looks good as new.

charlie
07-02-2007, 10:15 PM
I just repaired my driver's seat for the same reason. The bottom and the back side bolster were both worn pretty bad. The upholstery shop that made the repair removed and replaced both of the worn fabric panels and while they were in there, wrapped the support bars with burlap then topped it off with high-density foam. $280.00 later, it looks good as new.

Well crap!.... I just payed $400.00 for a set of (realy good ) used seats. :rolleyes:

Charlie