PDA

View Full Version : Pastor will cap yo ass!

L8 APEX
06-25-2007, 11:32 PM
http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=130196
Youth Pastor Shoots Man During Attack
AP - 6/25/2007 9:59 AM - Updated 6/25/2007 6:24 PM

A preacher shot an 18-year-old man at a church fireworks stand early Sunday morning. The Wagoner Church of Christ had a fireworks stand in Muskogee to raise money for the youth group. The youth pastor and a 17-year-old boy from the church were spending the night in the tent to make sure nothing would be stolen. The News On 6’s Emory Bryan reports the pastor says he would shoot again if confronted with the same situation.

At 3 a.m. Sunday morning, Youth Pastor John Donnelly had a decision to make.

"I pulled my weapon and did what I needed to do," he said.

Pastor Donnelly and a member of his church youth group were guarding the fireworks stand early Sunday morning when at least five teenagers approached and started demanding some fireworks. The pastor says he tried to make them go away, then two of them starting fighting with the teenager from his church.

“At that point, it was to protect him, to me it appeared they were still chasing him out of the tent,” said Pastor John Donnelly.

Donnelly has a permit to carry a concealed weapon and is a former reserve police officer. He says in five years of selling fireworks he's never had any trouble, but he's always been there to guard it overnight.

“They'll steal you blind if you leave your stand unguarded, unprotected, they'll break in, tear doors off or cut into the tent to get in,” Donnelly said.

Donnelly fired three shots and one hit 18-year-old Darnelle Gilbert. He was hit in the chest and is recovering at a hospital. Muskogee Police tracked him to a nearby apartment.

After the shooting the church closed the fireworks stand and doesn't plan to reopen it. The youth group was using the stand to raise money for a summer trip, but now they'll have to find another way.

Muskogee Police say the shooting appears to be a clear case of self defense, and they're still looking for some of the suspects.

"We have six in custody and three more who we are looking for at this time," said Muskogee Police Officer Brad Holt.

All of the suspects are 17 and under, other than the one who was shot.

The teenager assaulted in the tent is recovering too, he had a couple of teeth knocked loose in the fight.

L8 APEX
06-25-2007, 11:37 PM
I bet this was an expensive shooting, the gang torched the dudes house afterwards!

WEST PALM BEACH --Deliberations ended Monday afternoon on whether a Westgate man who opened fire on three men in a vehicle heading straight to him did so in self-defense or should be found guilty of murder.

Norman Borden, 44, was found innocent of all charges, which included two counts of first-degree murder, one count of attempted murder and one count of shooting into an occupied vehicle.

LocalLinks

In her closing arguments, Public Defender Carey Haughwout implored jurors to think about the choices Borden had on the morning of Oct. 8.

"Fourteen shots," Haughwout said. "Fourteen shots. And each and every one of them fired because Norman Borden was in fear for his life, and most importantly, had an instinct to survive."

Christopher Araujo, 19, and Saul Trejo, 21, a documented Sur 13 gang member, were killed. Juan Mendez, 20, suffered several gunshot wounds to his legs. The three men were in Araujo's Jeep when the vehicle hit a fence post, narrowly missing Borden, and Borden began to fire.

Minutes earlier, Borden had an ugly confrontation with Araujo and Mendez, who had been drinking all night and threatened to harm his dogs.

Prosecutor Craig Williams doesn't dispute that the first five shots Borden fired were in self-defense, but told jurors that Borden had an obligation to reassess the situation before he walked around to the driver's side of the door and continued to shoot.

But Haughwout countered that Borden knew at least one of the men in the car to have a reputation for violence and carrying a gun.

"Should he have turned his back and run so he could be shot in the back while he's running?" Haughwout asked.

Florida's 2005 stand your ground law allows someone to use deadly force to avoid bodily harm and eliminates the duty to retreat.

Borden's trial, which began last week, has generated extra security at the courthouse. At least a dozen deputies were on hand for Monday's testimony and closing arguments. Borden, whose home was torched within days of his arrest, has received death threats.

slick-svt
06-26-2007, 06:23 AM
Punk bastards, sounds chicken sh!t. he should have shot'em all

99WhiteBeast
06-26-2007, 07:47 AM
I bet this was an expensive shooting, the gang torched the dudes house afterwards!

WEST PALM BEACH --

I always thought West Palm was an up scale kind of place.

L8 APEX
06-26-2007, 09:09 AM
That's what I thought moving to North Dallas/Plano. But fools is trippin up in here!