PDA

View Full Version : Well I got started on the engine swap.

charlie
06-26-2007, 07:47 PM
The G/F was feeling better today from the surgery. So I figured I would get a head start on tomorrow. I was intending to start the job tomorrow. (Wednesday).

Here is what I got done.

3 cuts on my right hand. 1 fairly deep. :flaming:
1 smashed finger. :tu:
1 Stuck Harley in the front yard. (Now I got to fix the yard). :rolleyes:

And to top it off.... I either have to buy a e-fan, or buy another water pump. The clutch fan will not work with the Navi water pump.

But I did get every thing off of the front of the engine and the radiator.
Not too bad for about 6 hours of goofing off and 2 hours of work.

But on a cool note. I got all the bearings for all the pulleys for free! All I got to do it put a small 3" X 3" sticker of theirs in the rear window.

Charlie

Chris94L
06-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Go with the E-Fans.

Why would you put the bike in the yard when its been raining the last month solid? :tongue:

What bearings you get?

What time is good to come over tomorrow?

charlie
06-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Come over during the rain! So I will not be the only one getting soaked!

I had it on the porch so I would have more room in the garage. When it was time to put it up, I had to back it into the yard, and thats where everything went wrong.

Time..... Some time after 1pm. call me first I have to pick up Ashley from vacation Bible school, then pick up the bearings in Lewisville.

Charlie

Chris94L
06-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Its out!!

Have fun gettin the new one back in :tongue:

charlie
06-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Its out!!

Have fun gettin the new one back in :tongue:

LOL Thank a million for the help. I was impressed, you actually got dirty today.:tu:

charlie
06-30-2007, 10:18 PM
It's alive! I owe a big thanks to terry :tu: :bows

Charlie

skidmarkracing
06-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Charlie,
I got your message. Been tied up with the family for the 4th crap. anyway, is it still acting up at idle? Shoot me an email and we can converse on it

charlie
07-01-2007, 08:46 AM
Charlie,
I got your message. Been tied up with the family for the 4th crap. anyway, is it still acting up at idle? Shoot me an email and we can converse on it

I got it covered.

Thanks
Charlie

skidmarkracing
07-02-2007, 04:22 PM
how is it coming? motor running good? Need anything adjusted while you are breaking it in?

charlie
07-02-2007, 04:55 PM
She's broke in and ready to run. That is as soon as I get this frellin 4 deg timing off of WOT.

Charlie

skidmarkracing
07-02-2007, 05:45 PM
So now I can send you a real tune. I will finish it out tomorrow and shoot it over to ya

charlie
07-02-2007, 06:46 PM
So now I can send you a real tune. I will finish it out tomorrow and shoot it over to ya

A real tune? WTF! I ask for a tune, not a fake tune. Ya know I was not going to post any of this..... But I think I just changed my mind. I ask you for a good tune for a 6 lb pulley and a few other bolt on items. Now lets go back just a little. I ran my truck before you tuned it, and it ran a 9.34 spinning 1/4 of the way down the track with Toyo tires. After I installed a 6lb pulley, Ported C&L, and a SCT 2400, IC chiller, and your tune. I ran a 9.29, 9.21, And 9.12 On a set of slicks. Whats wrong with this picture? And don't say anything about a "safe tune" I told you I did not care about blowing it up, because I had an engine ready to drop in. I wanted a good time slip to advertise with the engine I pulled out.......... Now I find out you basically DE_TUNED my truck! Now I have no time slip to entice potential buyers! Keep your real tune. Terry will be tuning my truck next!

Charlie

skidmarkracing
07-02-2007, 07:16 PM
The tune I sent you for the new motor was a safe tune. Not the one you had in it already. If you want terry to tune it, that is fine.

And you were in the truck when we tuned it and you could even tell the difference, well until the intercooler line came off. So don't go blaming my tune for anything.

Again, so it is clear. the original tune had alot in it. The tune I emailed you did not have alot in it. it was a base tune to break the truck in, which is what I told you.

L8 APEX
07-02-2007, 08:22 PM
I told Charlie I wasn't going to get in the middle of another tuners project and to let you finish it up. He just asked me to come over the check the install for missing bolts and show him how to use the programmer and data log. I have a full time job and cannot do things at the drop of a hat. Whatever Charlie decides is his choice but you guys should handle it amongst yourselves off the board.
Ya'll are crimpin the warm fuzzy TALON vibe right now:tex

charlie
07-02-2007, 09:42 PM
The tune I sent you for the new motor was a safe tune. Not the one you had in it already. If you want terry to tune it, that is fine.

And you were in the truck when we tuned it and you could even tell the difference, well until the intercooler line came off. So don't go blaming my tune for anything.

Again, so it is clear. the original tune had alot in it. The tune I emailed you did not have alot in it. it was a base tune to break the truck in, which is what I told you.

Who the Hell told you is was OK to send me anything other than what I ask for? I do not care if you think it's OK or not to break in something easy...... Thats your way..... Not mine. I wanted to break my engine in at full power. NOT what you think I should do!

Imagine the loudest, buzzing noise,,,,,, WRONG! The last conversation we had on the phone was ....... " It's the same tune, the only thing changed was the 60 lb injector." <----- That is exactly what you said! That is why I thought it was just one file to be added to the tune all ready in it. (proves how little I know) And yes, after you tuned it I did feel (by the seat of my pants) an improvement. But the track proves the seat of my pants is a lousy gage.

And yes Terry did say all that.... And he did not say anything negative about you. And my decision is based on your comment...."real tune"

End of rant...... My apologies to all for posting this up.... I should not have. Next time I'll just :stupidc <-- OK I feel better now.

Charlie

03LightningRocks
07-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Just something to throw in here. I have run into issues getting "hot" tunes myself. Same issue as you just ran into Charlie. I have had it happen with three different tuners. I have figured out that what happens is these guys get a bit gun shy after having folks ask for hot tunes that blow motors and then the tuners get bashed for blowing the motor. I don't believe you would bash the tuner if this happened Charlie, as I would not either. The problem is that the tuner doesn't want to be responsible for doing something they don't think is a good idea.

I'm not trying to make excuses for skidmark. Hell I don't even know the guy. But I wanted to let you know that even Terry will hold back on a tune that he thinks is out of line for the circumstances. As will JDM and Mike Troyer. The reality is that they are probably saving us from ourselves...LOL. Mainly though, I hink they are trying to save themselves from being responsible for blown motors. Everyone says they won't blame the tuner...but not everyone keeps to their word.

skidmarkracing
07-02-2007, 11:09 PM
I agree we need to take it off the board. Charlie, I will shoot you an email

charlie
07-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Just something to throw in here. I have run into issues getting "hot" tunes myself. Same issue as you just ran into Charlie. I have had it happen with three different tuners. I have figured out that what happens is these guys get a bit gun shy after having folks ask for hot tunes that blow motors and then the tuners get bashed for blowing the motor. I don't believe you would bash the tuner if this happened Charlie, as I would not either. The problem is that the tuner doesn't want to be responsible for doing something they don't think is a good idea.

I'm not trying to make excuses for skidmark. Hell I don't even know the guy. But I wanted to let you know that even Terry will hold back on a tune that he thinks is out of line for the circumstances. As will JDM and Mike Troyer. The reality is that they are probably saving us from ourselves...LOL. Mainly though, I hink they are trying to save themselves from being responsible for blown motors. Everyone says they won't blame the tuner...but not everyone keeps to their word.

Yeah I know. Thanks

I'm a big boy. I can handle it. And I do want, what I pay for, and ask for (discounted or not)..

I do, however, see your point.

But
If you go to the store and buy hole milk, in a jug marked hole milk, you would expect hole milk right? Not some watered down 1% milk. Thats what I'm pissed about. And no I don't blame the cow for my fat be-hind. Jimminy frellin cricket..... 4 deg timing? Thats a bit much.

Charlie

P.S. Maybe this post should be deleted. Maybe I need :beer:

skidmarkracing
07-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Its all good. It was my bad. Again I apologize for the confusion. This one was totally my fault.

So now on to the motor. Terry looked it over and you are running it. So tell us how is it running (except for the fact the tune is :vomit:). Pop the new one in I sent and see how it acts.