PDA

View Full Version : Lower intake pvc port what size?

tiffo60
06-27-2007, 09:57 AM
What size hose do i need to buy for the pvc port on the back of the lower intake?

L8 APEX
06-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Id just cap it off. I think it is 3/8 fuel line so it doesn't collapse as fast.

tiffo60
06-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Id just cap it off. I think it is 3/8 fuel line so it doesn collapse as fast.

from what ive read capping it off makes it consume even more oil, and i know its there for a reason so im going to keep it, looks like im going to by a few feet of the 3/8 fuel line and re-do my pvc system to eliminate any possible leaks from 7 year old lines. More than welcome to come out and lend a hand this weekend:icon_mrgreen:

L8 APEX
06-27-2007, 10:26 AM
You want the PCV to suck that is its job. When you blow boost in into the PCV system it robs HP and causes more blow by. More sucking is always better. Have it your way.

Bird
06-27-2007, 05:04 PM
I eliminated that hose entirely and took out the fitting and put a plug in there. Installed a good oil separator and I haven't had any issues at all of oil consumption or intercooler oiling - last time I pulled the midplate/intercooler, there wasn't any oil down in the bottom of the lower intake.

Bird

L8 APEX
06-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Finally an intelligent response:bows I have done this to three new engines and one old engine. I pulled two of the top ends for inspection and they were squeaky clean, no oil in the bottom intake.

BC Lightning
06-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Finally an intelligent response:bows I have done this to three new engines and one old engine. I pulled two of the top ends for inspection and they were squeaky clean, no oil in the bottom intake.

We shall see what mine looks like here pretty soon, going to remove the lower intake to get it ported, mine is capped off in the back as well with a plug, and I have an L&S oil seperator