PDA

View Full Version : Was it worth the hype?????????

BC Lightning
07-01-2007, 06:37 PM
I have been using my Apple iPhone for two days now, and the more I use it the more I like it. The internet is super fast and downloads the images on the pages, the pics of Gary and Brooke's C6s looked sweet on my phone :tu:

I only waited in line for 30 minutes, got to the AT&T at 5:30 and they opened the doors at 6, was in and out in ten minutes. The majority of people in line were business men who were getting rid of the blackberrys.

I went ahead and got the 8 gig so I could put a few movies on it to watch on my upcoming trip to the Bahammas

Also I like how I can check my e-mail accounts and not have to set up one through the service provider like I did with my T-Mobile Sidekick and Blackberry when I had them.

If you still want one you can order them online or in the store and they will ship and be at your house in 3 days

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_04861.JPG

Lyfisin
07-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Those things look pretty sweet. I'm surprised you got one that easily. I heard people were camping the stores and I was thinking they would have a pretty limited supply. They really, really did a nice job on that phone.

Brook

BC Lightning
07-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Those things look pretty sweet. I'm surprised you got one that easily. I heard people were camping the stores and I was thinking they would have a pretty limited supply. They really, really did a nice job on that phone.

Brook

Honestly that is what I thought to, I had no desire to wait for hours in the sun for the phone, but after getting my truck washed and driving by I saw 8 people in line and thought, hmm I can wait 30 minutes

Silver_2000
07-01-2007, 07:07 PM
There was no shortage - all the folks that were hoping to resell on ebay were screwed...

The business men who are giving up their BBs are going to be unhappy if they work at a big business - most don't support the kind of email that the iphone uses ... I know that next week Im putting a recording on my Extension that says " NO your iphone CANNOT be used to get corporate email, Blackberry is the ONLY option - Have a nice day "

BC Lightning
07-01-2007, 07:11 PM
There was no shortage - all the folks that were hoping to resell on ebay were screwed...

The business men who are giving up their BBs are going to be unhappy if they work at a big business - most don't support the kind of email that the iphone uses ... I know that next week Im putting a recording on my Extension that says " NO your iphone CANNOT be used to get corporate email, Blackberry is the ONLY option - Have a nice day "

It supports all forms of e-mail, I have my t-mobile e-mail account on my iPhone as well as my yahoo and AOL e-mail accounts

Silver_2000
07-01-2007, 07:21 PM
It supports all forms of e-mail, I have my t-mobile e-mail account on my iPhone as well as my yahoo and AOL e-mail accounts
NOT - those are all pop3 email accounts no corporations use pop3 - they might offer pop3 client connectivity as an option but MOST dont expose pop3 to the internet due to security -

The other thing the BB does is PUSH email - pop3 doesnt do push ...

email types:

pop3
imap
Exchange
Notes
mapi
http
emacs
and others

It was rumored that the iphone would offer Exchange connectivity BUT that would shock me with the apple / windows issues

True Blue Aggie
07-01-2007, 09:48 PM
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=66434CA6FE6500D6A04B9F946D779145 ?contentId=3641729&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

iphoneOWNED! This guy is my hero....:tu:

(watch the video)

03LightningRocks
07-01-2007, 10:35 PM
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=66434CA6FE6500D6A04B9F946D779145 ?contentId=3641729&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

iphoneOWNED! This guy is my hero....:tu:

(watch the video)

:rll::rll::rll:...She got just what she deserved. Maybe she should give up on being the big business scammer and go pick her fat little kids up at school.

Silver_2000
07-01-2007, 10:41 PM
:rll::rll::rll:...She got just what she deserved. Maybe she should give up on being the big business scammer and go pick her fat little kids up at school.

Thats priceless - imagine going home and explaining that to her venture capital husband.. She paid $800 for nothing - She is lucky she didnt get robbed flashing all that cash - she really expected to buy out the store ? Geesh ...

Doug

03LightningRocks
07-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Thats priceless - imagine going home and explaining that to her venture capital husband.. She paid $800 for nothing - She is lucky she didnt get robbed flashing all that cash - she really expected to buy out the store ? Geesh ...

Doug

LMAO....yeah, she was going to corner the market. All by herself...well maybe with her husbands money.

98Cobra
07-02-2007, 12:57 AM
Yea, I am steering clear of the iPhone for the reason Doug mentioned, as well as being locked into a two year contract with AT&T (ugh) and the phone doesnt allow unsigned applications to be installed. Plus, the current version doesnt do 3G, so thats kinda disappointing.

How do you feel about the size? Is it too big, too small, just right?

tiffo60
07-02-2007, 07:54 AM
I was looking to get one and the guy at the cingular store told me that my blackjack was a better phone, faster internet ect.:rolleyes:

StormShadow
07-02-2007, 09:21 AM
blackjack was a better phone :rolleyes:

:tu: I got mine for 74$ with no contract from the att store

tiffo60
07-02-2007, 09:35 AM
:tu: I got mine for 74$ with no contract from the att store

that freakin sweet:bows

BC Lightning
07-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Yea, I am steering clear of the iPhone for the reason Doug mentioned, as well as being locked into a two year contract with AT&T (ugh) and the phone doesnt allow unsigned applications to be installed. Plus, the current version doesnt do 3G, so thats kinda disappointing.

How do you feel about the size? Is it too big, too small, just right?

I read where they upped the speed of the EDGE network and made it faster, but its not 3G

As far as internet, I have never used a blackjack, but the internet on this thing is super fast brings up full internet pages with full pics in seconds

the size really is nice, it is thinner than the Moto Razr closed

G'Lightning
07-02-2007, 03:24 PM
For 600 bones that phone better be able to suck my dick...:rolleyes:

03LightningRocks
07-02-2007, 05:29 PM
For 600 bones that phone better be able to suck my dick...:rolleyes:

:rll::rll::rll: I just spewed water all over the place.:rll::rll::rll:

Sandman
07-02-2007, 05:50 PM
I have not had the chance to hold one in my hands yet, but I think apple crippled it enough to where the phone will be purely an enthusiasts phone. Businesses will not support it and the fact that there will be no 3rd party development will kill this for the business users. However, this phone may be the phone that brings the pda to the masses. We will have to wait and see if this phone truely revolutionizes the industry. It will also be interesting to see if the phone affects the ipod market.

the two biggest things apple can do to help the phone
1. get the price down.
2. open up the platform for development. I think the businesses wil be more accepting of the phone when this happens.

jeff56
07-02-2007, 06:20 PM
What a dumb beotch!

I've got a Blackjack and I'm less than impressed. The difference between a Pocket PC and a Smartphone is huge and I found out the hard way after I downgraded from my 8125 due to its size. The BJ is nice and compact, but it lacks a lot as far as a PDA.

tiffo60
07-18-2007, 10:48 AM
pretty funny read someone posted on NLOC

http://tinyurl.com/2j9dhu

SVTJoseCuervo
07-18-2007, 01:19 PM
pretty funny read someone posted on NLOC

http://tinyurl.com/2j9dhu

:rll:thats good lol

dboat
07-18-2007, 08:24 PM
:rll:thats good lol

+1 that is one of the better ones I have seen in a while.. :tu:

Dana

Lyfisin
07-19-2007, 06:19 PM
My eyes are tearing from laughter on that one.

Man that was funny.