PDA

View Full Version : eCoupon codes for Lenovo?

L8 APEX
07-06-2007, 07:50 AM
Anyone have any corporate or discount ecoupon codes for Lenovo ThinkPad laptops? Thanks.

Silver_2000
07-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Its not lenovo but a place called urban laptops is selling Dell lease return laptops with Gold Business Warranty for under $500

What that means is that you get a laptop for the price of the Gold warranty - Gold warranty means that if the rubber feet come off they send a technicain out next day to replace them ...

Check out ebay for Urban laptops store ..
They are in Plano and you can pick them up so you can see before you buy. I just contacted them - got the phone number and negotiated a price range and then drove by to get it.

Its ironic - i2 is doing the Ecommerce backend for Lenovo but we get no Discounts ..

SIL02SVT
07-06-2007, 08:09 AM
I work for Texas Workforce Commission and we just bought and deployed 68 new Lenovo work stations and we didn't even get a government discount they are kinda tight ass's. BTW if anyone needs key boards I have about 50 PS/2 keyboards left over black lenovo brand. Just let me know.

L8 APEX
07-06-2007, 08:23 AM
I am a little concerned with the Dells I have had two bad experiences with their Latitudes in the last 5 years. My old Lat had half a dozen bad keyboards which turned out to be the cable connection under the mouse pad. The shop D800 has a loose power connector that sizzles and runs hot, the cursor starts going on its own if you press on the palm rest. It is also a very loud machine from HD noise. ThinkPads esp the new T61 seem like the toughest laptop under a Toughbook you can buy right now. Though Walmart or somone has a brand called Durabook or such, those have to bee good!
No Urban Laptop on Google I will search EBay.
Ebay search brings up handbags only..

Silver_2000
07-06-2007, 08:40 AM
http://stores.ebay.com/urbanlaptops95

All of those complaints would have been fixed under warranty

You can get one with 6 - 12 months warranty left - which for you is plenty - since you go through laptops like no one I know ...

L8 APEX
07-06-2007, 08:50 AM
I don't want to need repairs. They fixed my last Dell for free but I had to drive to Carrolton and drop it off for a day or two each time. I have been on the same laptop for 2+ years plus I think.. My last Toshiba had the video card die Nvida which is built onto the mother board and it not $$ to fix. This one the sreen hinges are about worn out and it is acting a little wierd when opening large folders it doesn't find all the content every time. In a hot mobile workplace I want the toughest machine I can get. I wish I could afford a damn Toughbook. Other than my last refurb Dell Lat I have only had these two Toshiba Satellites, not bad for all the field work they have done.
I want a good new machine that will last 3 years.

TP Derrick D
07-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Doug,
just wandering which one is a good low cost one for the money? I'm not that familiar with Dell setup, both my computers(laptop & desktop) are Compaq(HP) with Athlon 64. I'm looking for one for my mom (almost 70) she has no computer skills or a clue about them...I want to get her setup (cheap) until at least she learn more so it wont be a need for lots of un needed hard drive/memory and such just want a pretty fast processor she won't be on it 24/7. My sister in Alabama is looking into her dial-up/hi-speed options. Me & my sis will use it when we visit. I like the D600 & D640 but the D400 & 100L may be OK. I'm thinking about taking a ride to their store since they let you do that. Know their address? If not guess I could find it . Thanx....:tu:

Silver_2000
07-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Doug,
just wandering which one is a good low cost one for the money? I'm not that familiar with Dell setup, both my computers(laptop & desktop) are Compaq(HP) with Athlon 64. I'm looking for one for my mom (almost 70) she has no computer skills or a clue about them...I want to get her setup (cheap) until at least she learn more so it wont be a need for lots of un needed hard drive/memory and such just want a pretty fast processor she won't be on it 24/7. My sister in Alabama is looking into her dial-up/hi-speed options. Me & my sis will use it when we visit. I like the D600 & D640 but the D400 & 100L may be OK. I'm thinking about taking a ride to their store since they let you do that. Know their address? If not guess I could find it . Thanx....:tu:

Its not really a store - no displays - just an office with warehouse space

I would get the cheapest d600 you could find with at least 6 months warranty. I think these days the RAM is the biggest thing - next is hard drive drive speed, all of todays processors are WAY faster than the rest of the computer
Just call them and ask about a d600 with 512 or 1024 ram and a decent warranty left - should be in the $350 -400 range
You will want to get your mom an external mouse

Doug

TP Derrick D
07-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Its not really a store - no displays - just an office with warehouse space

I would get the cheapest d600 you could find with at least 6 months warranty. I think these days the RAM is the biggest thing - next is hard drive drive speed, all of todays processors are WAY faster than the rest of the computer
Just call them and ask about a d600 with 512 or 1024 ram and a decent warranty left - should be in the $350 -400 range
You will want to get your mom an external mouse

Doug

Thanx Doug,
so if I printed the computers I'm watching on "My e-bay"-11 of them and took it up there I won't see it on the floor? They have it in the back or do I have to order and it comes from somewhere else...my whole thing is I want to see it since its used...thats why I bascially just do new stuff off e-bay depending on what it is....

Silver_2000
07-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Thanx Doug,
so if I printed the computers I'm watching on "My e-bay"-11 of them and took it up there I won't see it on the floor? They have it in the back or do I have to order and it comes from somewhere else...my whole thing is I want to see it since its used...thats why I bascially just do new stuff off e-bay depending on what it is....

When I was there I had the impression that they had WAY more than what was on Ebay. Send them an email question from ebay they will reply with phone number - tell them what you want - Im going to try to go there tomorrow morning

Its all in the back ... They buy hundreds of lease return PCs and sell the best

mikelemoine
07-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Terry have you considered HP? Two separate friends of mine who both work in IT recommended HP as a replacement when my wife's old Dell had a meltdown. She does marketing and tradeshow graphics as well as running big databases. Her old Dell 1.5GHZ would choke, now she can watch videos or listen to music while running big reports, and it doesn't even break a sweat. She has a HP DV6000 series with an AMD dual core processor, we paid $1200ish last November. I've seen them for about half of that now if you catch one on sale. Great widescreen display and lots of goodies and the price is right. Sucks my corporate office only allows Dell and Lenovo laptops. Nothing wrong with them but this HP is waaay nicer... Only advantage of Lenovo IMO is they have an intertia switch that parks the HD if it senses a jolt. Not sure the HP would do as well if you drop it down the stairs....

TP Derrick D
07-12-2007, 07:13 PM
When I was there I had the impression that they had WAY more than what was on Ebay. Send them an email question from ebay they will reply with phone number - tell them what you want - Im going to try to go there tomorrow morning

Its all in the back ... They buy hundreds of lease return PCs and sell the best

Doug, went ahead and got an HP/Compaq off e-bay from dpv computers....watched them a few days, they sell a lot of laptops, also watched and recorded how models were selling and how much so I would not overbid. I got outbid about 8 times on different models but I think I came out good, got it for about $100-130 less than what they had sold for, so I guess everybody was at work today on break when bidding was ending and I got my last bid in with 5 sec left. Since I already have 2 Compaq & software I just stuck with them..its a EVO N800C 2.2GHZ 512GB w/60GB w/ Windows XP Pro saw them go anywhere from $400-$458....got mine for $355 + S&H... we'll see how it turns out.

Silver_2000
07-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Glad it worked out for you- Sounds like you got a deal

Ive had bad luck with HP

The support is tough, they customize everything, the drivers are a pain to find, and the LOAD the PCs up with CRAP.