PDA

View Full Version : The end is near!

L8 APEX
07-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Dodge announced a lifetime drive train warranty! No SRT's or diesels though...
http://www.dodge.com/en/lifetime_powertrain_warranty/

tiffo60
07-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Im betting it will be non-transferable and any aftermarket part what-so ever will void it:cool:

I have a cousin that works for us that has a 99 1500 2WD 5.9L gas dodge truck that has 350k on the clock and is still on original engine and transmission:eek:, so they do build a good one every now and then

WA 2 FST
07-27-2007, 02:55 PM
I saw that... stinks it isn't available on SRT models. Been considering a 300C/Charger SRT8.

Chris94L
07-27-2007, 03:00 PM
See dealer for a copy of limited warranty and details. Non-Transferable. Not available on SRT, Diesel vehicles, Sprinter, Ram Chassis Cab, and certain fleet vehicles.

oops, aftermarket air filter, void. damn you missed your last oil change by 6 miles, denied!

They will find a way to get out of it. Also applies to original owner only looks like.

Wht95Lightning
07-27-2007, 03:22 PM
I don't care if the start including super models with every car, it's still a dodge.

Ohmsby
07-27-2007, 04:24 PM
I don't care if the start including super models with every car, it's still a dodge.

what kind of supermodel I would drive one of those little nitro thingys if i could get a throw with Heidi

BC Lightning
07-30-2007, 02:56 PM
it also applies to jeep and Chrysler

gbgary
07-30-2007, 07:36 PM
oops, aftermarket air filter, void. damn you missed your last oil change by 6 miles, denied!

They will find a way to get out of it. Also applies to original owner only looks like.

that would be very short sighted if they did that. they would be running-off more customers then they'd get, with the new warranty, if they did that. the key to their, and all companies, survival is repeat customers. the original owner thing i agree with. he's the one that's showing the faith.

charlie
07-30-2007, 07:40 PM
I wonder if the finance company's made them do that. The last time they had the 10 year warranty, the financial institutions made them do it because so many where being repossessed, because people would not pay for them after the warranty ran out and they broke down.

Charlie

BC Lightning
08-01-2007, 04:07 PM
that would be very short sighted if they did that. they would be running-off more customers then they'd get, with the new warranty, if they did that. the key to their, and all companies, survival is repeat customers. the original owner thing i agree with. he's the one that's showing the faith.

When I blew the motor in my 2002 L the SVT rep told me that they have the right to void a warranty if anything is changed from stock form, including a CAI or exhaust, he did say that if it was purchased through Ford and installed by a Ford SVT mechanic they would honor the warranty, but only on certain mods they sold

WA 2 FST
08-01-2007, 04:17 PM
When I blew the motor in my 2002 L the SVT rep told me that they have the right to void a warranty if anything is changed from stock form, including a CAI or exhaust, he did say that if it was purchased through Ford and installed by a Ford SVT mechanic they would honor the warranty, but only on certain mods they sold

Yep. I had my local GM dealer tell me that our engine warranty could be voided b/c of the K&N filter I have on our Trailblazer SS. :bs

Ohmsby
08-01-2007, 06:03 PM
magnuson moss warranty act:D

WA 2 FST
08-01-2007, 06:18 PM
magnuson moss warranty act:D

That's all fine and dandy, and I understand what you're saying. However, it doesn't help much when GM has put out a bulletin telling dealers to void warranty on certain parts due to "over-oiled aftermarket, reuseable air filters". They threw it in my face, so I could read it. Arguing with the dealer when the vehicle is having trouble doesn't help much... especially when you need the vehicle running.

They tried to tell me that the K&N screwed up the MAF, rendering it useless and that's what caused the driveability issues. Bzzzt. Wrong. Turns out it was a faulty ignition switch... wasn't getting 12v to the PCM on start-up. But somehow that is a MAF problem? Sometimes I wish techs would actually use their Tech-2 scan tools, instead of blaming the customer. Once I got a new switch in it, everything was fine. No MAF problem. :hammer:

Ohmsby
08-01-2007, 06:21 PM
[quote=WA 2 FST;130411]That's all fine and dandy, and I understand what you're saying. However, it doesn't help much when GM has put out a bulletin telling dealers to void warranty on certain parts due to "over-oiled aftermarket, reuseable air filters". They threw it in my face, so I could read it. Arguing with the dealer when the vehicle is having trouble doesn't help much... especially when you need the vehicle running.

I agree hard when you need your ride.

I have used this with Dodge. I believe the EPA is the governing body and responds to the complaints and my dealership decided they did not want to go the yard with my particular problem my .02