PDA

View Full Version : Best Lowering Shackles???

ZeusSVT
08-04-2007, 02:34 PM
I know there are probably a few different opinions, but what are the best rear end lowering shackles to use. Truck already has a 1" and 2", but wanted to level the back out a little more. I see the ones on the JLP website have the three different lowering options all the way up to 4". Which ones are the best to go with???

Thanks, Michael.

SVTJoseCuervo
08-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Lowered 2" in the back already?...using what?

I got the 2" belltech ones and 2" hangers...I doubt you want anything lower than that...I am about to raise it 1"

ZeusSVT
08-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Lowered 2" in the back already?...using what?

I got the 2" belltech ones and 2" hangers...I doubt you want anything lower than that...I am about to raise it 1"

http://www.lightningforceperformance.com/frpp-12-drop-kit-p-263.html

This is the kit that is already on the truck, but wanted to level it out some more. Truck still sits up a little high in the back.

Mark #2
08-04-2007, 04:36 PM
I know there are probably a few different opinions, but what are the best rear end lowering shackles to use. Truck already has a 1" and 2", but wanted to level the back out a little more. I see the ones on the JLP website have the three different lowering options all the way up to 4". Which ones are the best to go with???

Thanks, Michael.
There really isn't a best for shackles they are all about the same. IMHO.

SVTJoseCuervo
08-04-2007, 04:38 PM
remove a leaf....or buy some hangers :tu:
I heard is a bad idea to go more than 2" on just shackles...
Hangers are a pain in the ass tho.

RSVT
08-04-2007, 06:01 PM
i have 2" bell tech with a leaf spring out and i have had no problem with it