PDA

View Full Version : S/C Pulley

SIL02SVT
08-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Do you need any special Pulley Puller with the S/C pulley like you do with the Crank pulley? Or can you just loosen bolts and pull off?

bluesvt
08-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Never done it but I believe a special tool.

L8 APEX
08-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Yep super special 100 dollar tool. Very delicate operation or you could ruin your blower.

SIL02SVT
08-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Yep super special 100 dollar tool. Very delicate operation or you could ruin your blower.
I guess you have that super special tool don't you :D and I also bet you know how to do it don't you LOL. When and if you had the time how much would it cost me?

bluesvt
08-07-2007, 07:02 PM
I guess you have that super special tool don't you :D and I also bet you know how to do it don't you LOL. When and if you had the time how much would it cost me?

Prob along the lines of some Crown XR and you might get that tuner with a bottle of Crown LE also. :tu:

SIL02SVT
08-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Prob along the lines of some Crown XR and you might get that tuner with a bottle of Crown LE also. :tu:
I'd get him a bottle of XR and SR for S/C pulley install and 4# install and tune :D:D:D Lol I think i'd me be making out like a fox with that deal hahah.

Beaudee
08-07-2007, 07:53 PM

http://www.toolspot.co.uk/products/Hammers/3Lb%20Bs%20Mini%20Fibre%20Sledge%20Hammer_f.jpg Just a little humor

PoorSvtman
08-08-2007, 03:53 PM
dont be afraid to do it.. with the tool and a extra set of hands it comes off smoothly.

I have the tool and loan it out with a deposit returned when i get the tool back.. Kinda like autozone...

SIL02SVT
08-08-2007, 04:01 PM
dont be afraid to do it.. with the tool and a extra set of hands it comes off smoothly.

I have the tool and loan it out with a deposit returned when i get the tool back.. Kinda like autozone...
Well I might take you up on the offer I have a machanic that does all my work for me/with me we do it together but He won't know how to tune it once I go with the 4#crank pulley and stuff so I was just wondering how much someone that knows what they were doing would charge for installs and tune. But I might take u up on the offer for that tool how much of a deposit do you usally require just shoot me a PM. Thanks

Beaudee
08-10-2007, 12:32 PM
http://jlttruecoldair.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=116 You might need to use a rotary file on the s.c. snout to get clearance around the pulley.Saw Terry do one once.