PDA

View Full Version : September Meeting Poll

Mark #2
08-18-2007, 07:04 PM
Since there has been some traffic on this.

L8 APEX
08-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Divide and conquer:evil

BC Lightning
08-19-2007, 08:29 AM
My vote is for Bonedaddys, not for Scoots

bluesvt
08-19-2007, 09:49 AM
My vote is for Bonedaddys, not for Scoots

YOu were saying on the other post that when we tried stuff in Ft. Worth not many showed. It may be diff now since there is a whole new group of people with a lot from Ft. Worth.

Mark #2
08-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Please don't vote if you aren't planning on showing up.

dboat
08-19-2007, 05:47 PM
Please don't vote if you aren't planning on showing up.

dang it... :evil

BC Lightning
08-19-2007, 06:17 PM
YOu were saying on the other post that when we tried stuff in Ft. Worth not many showed. It may be diff now since there is a whole new group of people with a lot from Ft. Worth.

with all the guys saying to move it closer to Ft. Worth.......... figured there would be more than 2 votes

bluesvt
08-19-2007, 07:25 PM
with all the guys saying to move it closer to Ft. Worth.......... figured there would be more than 2 votes

I see 4. ::rolleyes:: :hammer: I have only been to one meet and did not see you there. I work 6 days a week 75+ hours OT so I wanna make meets but it is hard for me.

slick-svt
08-19-2007, 08:28 PM
I also hump it for 6 days a week, sometimes 7 and barely feel like driving the two miles home much less to DALLAS.....:icon_question:

Lyfisin
08-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Is Winghouse Dallas the one we've been to a few times now?

Mark #2
08-20-2007, 08:53 AM
Is Winghouse Dallas the one we've been to a few times now?
Yes, the one on 35 and NW HWY

danielvalles1
08-21-2007, 09:56 PM
well it looks like bonedadys in richarson is going to win so can some one post up directions thanks.:icon_razz:

Mark #2
08-22-2007, 06:14 PM
well it looks like bonedadys in richarson is going to win so can some one post up directions thanks.:icon_razz:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=8856%20Spring%20Valley%20Rd&city=Dallas&state=TX&zipcode=75240%2d4209&country=US&geodiff=1

wesman
08-22-2007, 07:29 PM
I see 4. ::rolleyes:: :hammer: I have only been to one meet and did not see you there. I work 6 days a week 75+ hours OT so I wanna make meets but it is hard for me.

Richardson is too damn far...and Kyle, I've been to a few this year as well and have yet to see Michael at one :) :bs:beer::hammer:

wesman
08-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Richardson is too damn far...and Kyle, I've been to a few this year as well and have yet to see Michael at one :) :bs:beer::hammer:

Actually , I remember one time, we had a giant beer bong :beer::beer:

--wes

danielvalles1
08-23-2007, 10:05 PM
hey im driving from fortworth to richardson so i dont mind the drive i drive overthere all the time to visit some old buddies.:D

bluesvt
08-23-2007, 10:22 PM

--wes

I just got off work 10 min ago. How about we do the meets about 11pm and I will attend!!! :beer:

SVTJoseCuervo
08-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Damn it....we should of left it with the Dallas winghouse :icon_lol:

nacklas
08-26-2007, 06:50 PM
on the meeting when will the time and place be posted?

Mark #2
08-26-2007, 07:05 PM
on the meeting when will the time and place be posted?

6 PM
It is Bonedaddys Richardson again.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=885 6%20Spring%20Valley%20Rd&city=Dallas&state=TX&zipc ode=75240%2d4209&country=US&geodiff=1 (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=8856%20Spring%20Valley%20Rd&city=Dallas&state=TX&zipcode=75240%2d4209&country=US&geodiff=1)

nacklas
08-26-2007, 07:37 PM
6 PM
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=885 6%20Spring%20Valley%20Rd&city=Dallas&state=TX&zipc ode=75240%2d4209&country=US&geodiff=1 (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=8856%20Spring%20Valley%20Rd&city=Dallas&state=TX&zipcode=75240%2d4209&country=US&geodiff=1)

thanks...it the first thursday of the month right. So sept 7?

Chris94L
08-26-2007, 07:58 PM
thanks...it the first thursday of the month right. So sept 7?
6th

03LightningRocks
08-28-2007, 07:14 PM
So is this for sure at B-diddies? I saw the other thread and it looked to be somewhere else. Which thread is the one that counts?

Mark #2
08-28-2007, 07:29 PM
So is this for sure at B-diddies? I saw the other thread and it looked to be somewhere else. Which thread is the one that counts?

6 PM

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images_talon/misc/progress.gif

wesman
08-29-2007, 10:57 AM
6 PM

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images_talon/misc/progress.gif

So Oct should be somewhere in Ft Worth ???? Cause Richardson is hell for anyone that doesn't live N of 35

--wes

BC Lightning
08-29-2007, 05:15 PM

my guess is this one, since all of the Ft Worth guys who were complaining didn't seem to rally around and vote for something closer to them :rolleyes:

BC Lightning
08-29-2007, 05:16 PM

--wes

That was a great night :beer: Adam actually hooked me up and I have one of those towers at my house

Mark #2
08-29-2007, 05:22 PM
So Oct should be somewhere in Ft Worth ???? Cause Richardson is hell for anyone that doesn't live N of 35

--wes

I am thinking that the vote will occur at LFEST for the October meeting.

wesman
08-29-2007, 10:12 PM
I am thinking that the vote will occur at LFEST for the October meeting.

You can have that sh!t at your house for all I care. It's just keeping the rest of the folks from attending that seem to be interested. It matters not to me.

--wes

tliss
08-30-2007, 07:50 AM
You can have that sh!t at your house for all I care. It's just keeping the rest of the folks from attending that seem to be interested. It matters not to me.

--wes

I have the strangest feeling of deja vu...:eek2:

A mid-cities site, which is more convenient for most but less convenient for me, yields a small attendance total. A site in Richardson or Fort Worth yields a fairly large attendance, but is mostly made up of folks closer to that area.

From past expereince most folks only attend those meeting that are convenient to them, understandably. Therefore I am boycotting all meetings that are not north of Dallas and south of Anna. I say we have one at the McKinney Hooters...:evil

My philosophy...attend the ones you can attend regardless of site and skip the ones you can't, period. Whining and complaining and 60 cents will get you a can of soda out of the machine.

Tom

wesman
08-30-2007, 08:54 AM
I have the strangest feeling of deja vu...:eek2:

A mid-cities site, which is more convenient for most but less convenient for me, yields a small attendance total. A site in Richardson or Fort Worth yields a fairly large attendance, but is mostly made up of folks closer to that area.

From past expereince most folks only attend those meeting that are convenient to them, understandably. Therefore I am boycotting all meetings that are not north of Dallas and south of Anna. I say we have one at the McKinney Hooters...:evil

My philosophy...attend the ones you can attend regardless of site and skip the ones you can't, period. Whining and complaining and 60 cents will get you a can of soda out of the machine.

Tom

I'm with you man, and agree totally. However, if you make all of them in one location and inconvenient for a particular group they will never attend.

Also, the meetings have never been mid-cities (HEB area). They've always been in Dallas area if not in Richardson. That's still a pretty good trek for anyone on the other side of 183.

BTW- How's the little one?

--wes

L8 APEX
08-30-2007, 09:24 AM
We had a handful of meetings at the South Arlington Hooters does that count:icon_eek:. I think the ones off NW Hwy were the most fair. There a dozen local clubs that meet in that area and consider it fair to all. I will usually make the BD's meets due to my work schedule. The turnouts have been very poor for a few years now, we'll see if the new guys turn it around. We had about 16 folks at the last BD's meet that is a record attendance for the last two years at least. About half of the folks that came didn't have Lighntings anymore either...

Silver_2000
08-30-2007, 09:53 AM
We had a handful of meetings at the South Arlington Hooters does that count:icon_eek:. I think the ones off NW Hwy were the most fair. There a dozen local clubs that meet in that area and consider it fair to all. I will usually make the BD's meets due to my work schedule. The turnouts have been very poor for a few years now, we'll see if the new guys turn it around. We had about 16 folks at the last BD's meet that is a record attendance for the last two years at least. About half of the folks that came didn't have Lighntings anymore either...

Terry's right - We have done meetings in the mid cities and in S Arlington
The best attended meetings have been at Bonedaddys

"Copping an attitude" with the volunteer who is trying to wrangle this herd of cats to show up anywhere is NOT appreciated...

If you have a better idea post it up - If you want to meet in West Ft Worth organize it - post the date - put up the where when why how and the map and then post up the attendance and pictures after ...

We are supposed to act like friends here ... As friends we wouldnt for example take a shot at Terry cause he cant spell Lightning ... :evil

EDIT - You shouldnt be shocked that when the location that is picked is the best attended, voted most in the poll AND is 4 min from the organizers house ...:rll::rll::rll:

03LightningRocks
08-30-2007, 09:57 AM
I bet if Terry would pick up the tab for the whole club, attendance would soar.

danielvalles1
08-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Its cool with me doug im driving from Campbowie in fortworth to richardson i got the map and i hope i dont get lost so i would be leaving early so i get there on time.:tu:

wesman
08-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Terry's right - We have done meetings in the mid cities and in S Arlington
The best attended meetings have been at Bonedaddys

"Copping an attitude" with the volunteer who is trying to wrangle this herd of cats to show up anywhere is NOT appreciated...

If you have a better idea post it up - If you want to meet in West Ft Worth organize it - post the date - put up the where when why how and the map and then post up the attendance and pictures after ...

We are supposed to act like friends here ... As friends we wouldnt for example take a shot at Terry cause he cant spell Lightning ... :evil

EDIT - You shouldnt be shocked that when the location that is picked is the best attended, voted most in the poll AND is 4 min from the organizers house ...:rll::rll::rll:

He copped the attitude...like I said, I don't care where it is. I will make meetings when I'm not pre-disposed, doesn't really matter the location, but Richardson is a beating and a half for anyone that doesn't live near there.

My point was that there seems to be quite a few people on the other side of the earth that can't/don't make it 1.5 hours to the location that is "4 minutes" from someones house.

I've been out of town for the last couple of meetings and haven't made them, that wouldn't have changed if they were at my house.

--wes

L8 APEX
08-30-2007, 11:57 AM
I bet if Terry would pick up the tab for the whole club, attendance would soar.
That would have to be that baller Terry Hogg. I don't think you could even pay folks to show up these days. There has been a long standing tarrant county vs. Dallas county fued here about meetings and functions. There is no way to make everyone happy. But as the democratic poll shows the majority voted for BD's why i don't know. It is about impossible to make it across town these days. Heck I made every single meeting for 3-4 years straight and it was HARD on a brother. I gave up and just make the ones I can.

03LightningRocks
08-30-2007, 01:14 PM
That would have to be that baller Terry Hogg. I don't think you could even pay folks to show up these days. There has been a long standing tarrant county vs. Dallas county fued here about meetings and functions. There is no way to make everyone happy. But as the democratic poll shows the majority voted for BD's why i don't know. It is about impossible to make it across town these days. Heck I made every single meeting for 3-4 years straight and it was HARD on a brother. I gave up and just make the ones I can.

You going to be at this one?

dboat
08-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Not to beat a dead horse.. but I liked going to all the meetings when I was in Dallas, even those not at BD's..

Did we ever do one where there was one in Dallas, and one later in the month across town? Heck, I would have gone to too.. just another excuse to get out, have a beer with some decent guys, and then drag race out of the parking lot.. heck I remember the time I handed Rocks his jock strap to him on the road in front of BD's... :evil

j/k

anyway, this way if you dont make one, make the other or even better, make both and have a good time.

Dana

Mark #2
08-30-2007, 07:15 PM
He copped the attitude....

--wes
Exactly where in this thread did I cop an attitude?

When I said that the decision for October would likely be made at LFEST by guys participating in a club event?

I moved 4 monthly meetings to your recommend place and 1 month to mine.

The location for September was chosen by this poll, not me.

Don't appreciate or understand your comments.

nacklas
08-30-2007, 10:33 PM
Its cool with me doug im driving from Campbowie in fortworth to richardson i got the map and i hope i dont get lost so i would be leaving early so i get there on time.:tu:

hey daniel what time are u leaving the ft worth area??? i would like to follow you out there!

danielvalles1
08-31-2007, 08:12 PM
hey daniel what time are u leaving the ft worth area??? i would like to follow you out there!
well i dont know yet what would be a good time for you its quite a drive so it has to be early.