PDA

View Full Version : WTF: too young to rent a descent car...

GoldLS1
08-20-2007, 11:18 PM
I'll be flying to Atlanta in a few weeks... I'm looking to rent a descent car (no compact, mid, full, minivan, or any other **** can). However since Im only 23 I cant rent ANYTHING else. WTF. Any ideas??

L8 APEX
08-20-2007, 11:27 PM
Take your mommy:rll:

Silver_2000
08-20-2007, 11:43 PM
you are lucky to be able to rent any late model ...

L8 APEX
08-20-2007, 11:54 PM
I was in the same boat couldn't rent diddly until 25. I got a waiver somehow though at 21. I provided my full coverage insurance and they let me rent a car. That was Texas though where insurance goes with the driver or car.

my2002lightning
08-21-2007, 12:07 AM
Well, it looks like MARTA is your only other option assuming your going solo. :rolleyes:

But, look at it this way, you can check out the Pink Pony. :icon_mrgreen:

G'Lightning
08-21-2007, 09:34 AM
you can check out the Pink Pony. :icon_mrgreen:
:tu:

dboat
08-21-2007, 11:03 AM
not having faced this issue, will they let you rent if you agree to buy the full coverage insurance at the time of rental? otherwise, your friend may be the cab driver.

Dana

BC Lightning
08-21-2007, 11:17 AM
not having faced this issue, will they let you rent if you agree to buy the full coverage insurance at the time of rental? otherwise, your friend may be the cab driver.

Dana

when I rented out of state they let me so long as I had full insurance and couldnt get an suv I was stuck having to drive a corolla or something

dboat
08-21-2007, 05:48 PM
when I rented out of state they let me so long as I had full insurance and couldnt get an suv I was stuck having to drive a corolla or something

yep, at least you got some wheels..

better than nothing, but not by much. :evil

Dana

slick-svt
08-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Hey get the mini-van and save on the hotel:tu:

Silver_2000
08-21-2007, 09:31 PM
When I was really young I was in LA and trying to rent a car - the problem was I was young AND the CC wasnt in my name. I wanted to rent car with CASH

The ONLY place that would rent to me was a **** hole of a place in the ghetto - I get there in taxi after calling around for HOURS - finally
happy to get any car - I pick one out from the showroom and like a scene from national lampoon vacation I sign all the paperwork and get in the ancient POS to realize that the interior lights dont work and the entire dirver side ( the side I couldn't see from the showroom ) was bashed in ... Driving around LA at night, in a rental that I cant see the speed or the controls on the dash or anything, next morning I found a better rental

That was a life lesson - I was probobly lucky to get out with my life

Good thing about that car that I only had for 36 hours was that I could run it into a wall and they would never know ...

BC Lightning
08-21-2007, 09:49 PM
...........I was young AND the CC wasnt in my name.................

I didn't ven think about that, since my CC is in my name thats probably another reason they let me

GoldLS1
08-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Preciate the advice... I need to clarify I can get some cars... the economy, compact, midsize, and full size. I wanted something a lil nicer (guess Im a car snob). Really wanted the hertz stang, crossfire, H3, Jeep, something fun. But I guess I need to be happy that I can even rent one.

L8 APEX
08-21-2007, 11:47 PM
There are a few of us car nuts that travel all the time. One guy at work is a Hertz 30+ year gold member and none of us have ever been able to reserve a Hertz stang. I don't know where or how to reserve one of those things.

BC Lightning
08-22-2007, 03:34 PM
There are a few of us car nuts that travel all the time. One guy at work is a Hertz 30+ year gold member and none of us have ever been able to reserve a Hertz stang. I don't know where or how to reserve one of those things.

They asked us in LA if we wanted one, we declined for an 07 Escalade :cool:

GoldLS1
08-22-2007, 09:23 PM
They asked us in LA if we wanted one, we declined for an 07 Escalade :cool:

You just had to rub it in ehhhh...:rolleyes: