PDA

View Full Version : Which Dealership in DFW?

bma04ltng
08-24-2007, 10:13 AM
I need to take my 04 L to the dealership for some work, any ideas on which one is going to take care of me more than another one. for instance my dad took his supercrew to westway ford in irving, where he bought it, and they somehow blew the motor. I found out later they did an oil change and forgot to put more oil back in! so with that said, i will not be taking my L there!

L8 APEX
08-24-2007, 11:05 AM
There are idiots everywhere, you never know what you will get. I would only go to a dealer in case of warranty emergency.

TXLIGHTNING
08-24-2007, 11:53 AM
my dad took his supercrew to westway ford in irving, where he bought it, and they somehow blew the motor. I found out later they did an oil change and forgot to put more oil back in! No freakin way :eek:. What a IDIOT :hammer:.

bma04ltng
08-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Yeah, they didn't tell him that at first though. They said there was a "problem". I was at a club gtg for my friend's mini truck, and there was a guy that worked in service at Westway there. I asked him about a motor that they had to replace and what really happened, and thats when he told me that the guy in the bay next to him didnt put oil back in! My dad didn't care, new motor at 60000 miles!

SILVER2000SVT
08-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Don't take your truck to a dealer unless you need warranty work. Why would you pay twice as much for half the experience and quality?

bma04ltng
08-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Don't take your truck to a dealer unless you need warranty work. Why would you pay twice as much for half the experience and quality?

I have never had a newer car with a warranty, but I was under the impression that the dealership needed to do the work, that way if they messed it up, they can not give me the run around that it was b/c I did it myself, or a shop did it.

I still have 3 more years and 50k miles on my 5 yr/ 75k mile extended warranty.

Correct me if I am wrong. I also, do not want to mod right now. I haven't started and don't want to get the mod bug. I just got married and have a new house that I am trying to furnish. I just bought a 93 L that I would rather mod if anything at all!!!!

ZeusSVT
08-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Like others have already said before, no you don't want to take it to a dealership, "unless" it is warranty work. If it is something you have to pay out of pocket for regardless if it is mods or just maintenance outside of warranty, you wanna find a local. Just look around some, there are many reliable ones out there. One has even given some advice on this thread. :tu:

gagspa
08-25-2007, 09:36 AM
I used to recommend Sonny at Don Davis, but the last time I went there he tried to screw me over. Now, I just do the work myself if at all possible.