PDA

View Full Version : This really pizzez me off!

mikelemoine
08-26-2007, 12:30 AM
Saw this on
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20437669/site/newsweek

This story really shows how screwed up N.O. was after Katrina, and how screwed up it continues to be after the storm. Makes me sick that the Attorney General is going after this Doctor for supposedly euthanising terminally ill patients in a crippled hospital. After reading the story it amazes me that anyone could fault a Dr for not saving very ill patients when there was no power, no clean water, no air conditioning or ventilation, no sewer service and almost no Doctors left-and no help from the gub-ment. If you read the comments, there are also the usual idiots saying it was racism related. In a city that can't seem to prevent mid-day murders in the middle of town, why would they waste resources on going after one of the few Doctors who actually stayed in a hospital until the patients were able to be evacuated. Mistakes may have been made but right or wrong, seems to me that this lady did the best she could in deplorable conditions. How many patients would have died if she just left town? Even after a major slap in the face, she still stays around and helps patients in the Doctor-less city. At least the grand jury refused to prosecute her-maybe justice isn't totally dead in the 3rd world. Amazing.... Rant over

Mika
08-26-2007, 01:27 PM
It's stuff like this that makes me wanna not help people out. Why help people when their relatives or someone would just end up suing you? Gotta love the sue happy people in this country. A few(growing number though) ruining it for the rest of us.

Mika

mikelemoine
08-26-2007, 09:00 PM
It's stuff like this that makes me wanna not help people out. Why help people when their relatives or someone would just end up suing you? Gotta love the sue happy people in this country. A few(growing number though) ruining it for the rest of us.
Mika Yeah I bet the doctors will bolt at the next natural disaster for fear of being blamed or prosecuted if someone dies because of deplorable circumstances.

danielvalles1
08-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Yeah thats a bunch of bull im glad the jury thought different she was helping patients screw protocall, she did what she had to do. For Her to have stayed took alot of guts in the first place or the other docters that stayed and the police officers that tried to stay and do there jobs I hope the murders stop, whats wrong with this people. I hope N.O gets back on its feet one day.

03LightningRocks
08-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Snip............ I hope N.O gets back on its feet one day.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. What's more likely, in my humble opinion, is that another hurricane will come through and finish the place off.

Am I the only one that finds it just a bit strange that Florida can get wiped flat by a hurricane(Andrew for instance) and be back in business for the next tourist season, while the worthless riff raff of New Orleans sit on their arses and act like somebody is supposed to do it for them?

danielvalles1
08-30-2007, 10:18 AM
you know what thats a very good point you brought up . Thats very true i just thought about that, what is this world coming to.maybe some one should tell Bush that.:icon_biggrin:

Mika
08-30-2007, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. What's more likely, in my humble opinion, is that another hurricane will come through and finish the place off.

Am I the only one that finds it just a bit strange that Florida can get wiped flat by a hurricane(Andrew for instance) and be back in business for the next tourist season, while the worthless riff raff of New Orleans sit on their arses and act like somebody is supposed to do it for them?

You can't say that though. Even though its the truth and it couldn't be any more accurate, it's racist. I mean, Florida didn't have black people down there when the hurricanes went through:rolleyes:. Florida didn't have to deal with a hurricane that was sent by the big bad Bush man.

Florida didn't have A hurricane, they had 4! The southern part of the state is much better now, but even after a year there were still plenty of work to do. There still is work to do there, and it's been 3 years. To those from Nawlins or living there, I have no pity on you guys. Vote for a racist a-hole like Nagin back into office, and see how much $$$ he continues to take. No, he isn't the only one taking government money and blowing it, but he is one of the folks in power. Blame every citizen who sits on their ass and does nothing to help.

Mika

tiffo60
08-30-2007, 04:10 PM
:popcorn

L8 APEX
08-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Don't just sit there eating popcorn paticipate!:icon_eek:

Silver_2000
08-30-2007, 05:27 PM
I spent a week near boloxi helping a Childhood friend and his Dad rebuild his house ... I ate at the soup kitchens and slept in a FEMA trailer... Saw the Nat guard, the M16s and the razor wire - his neighborhood was under lockdown it was hit so bad - the next street over the houses were GONE. Imet LOTS of really god hard working people that were pulling them selves up by the boot straps -

Today - I read in the paper how thousands of refugees are still on the dole 2 years later - I dont get it .. I just dont ... Unemployment is 4% or less. It just doesnt make any sense - I understand that some lost everything - Article in the paper this morning about refugees who are moving back because they cant get any jobs here .. But leaving the families here - complaints about how expensive it is to live there - the ONLY reason to leave the family behind is that the housing here is being paid for by us not them ...

The idea of pumping that much of MY money into a city that is below sea level and as corrupt as the day is long just pisses me off

RANT OFF

dboat
08-30-2007, 06:11 PM
You can't say that though. Even though its the truth and it couldn't be any more accurate, it's racist. I mean, Florida didn't have black people down there when the hurricanes went through:rolleyes:. Florida didn't have to deal with a hurricane that was sent by the big bad Bush man.

Florida didn't have A hurricane, they had 4! The southern part of the state is much better now, but even after a year there were still plenty of work to do. There still is work to do there, and it's been 3 years. To those from Nawlins or living there, I have no pity on you guys. Vote for a racist a-hole like Nagin back into office, and see how much $$$ he continues to take. No, he isn't the only one taking government money and blowing it, but he is one of the folks in power. Blame every citizen who sits on their ass and does nothing to help.

Mika

Right on brother..!!!!

dboat
08-30-2007, 06:14 PM
I spent a week near boloxi helping a Childhood friend and his Dad rebuild his house ... I ate at the soup kitchens and slept in a FEMA trailer... Saw the Nat guard, the M16s and the razor wire - his neighborhood was under lockdown it was hit so bad - the next street over the houses were GONE. Imet LOTS of really god hard working people that were pulling them selves up by the boot straps -

Today - I read in the paper how thousands of refugees are still on the dole 2 years later - I dont get it .. I just dont ... Unemployment is 4% or less. It just doesnt make any sense - I understand that some lost everything - Article in the paper this morning about refugees who are moving back because they cant get any jobs here .. But leaving the families here - complaints about how expensive it is to live there - the ONLY reason to leave the family behind is that the housing here is being paid for by us not them ...

The idea of pumping that much of MY money into a city that is below sea level and as corrupt as the day is long just pisses me off

RANT OFF

Right on brother...!!!

I worked there for about 3 months.. I met some really nice folks but also got to meet the "you owe me" crowd too.. I was with the one congressman or senator that said.. maybe we should just leave the part that is underwater, well, underwater.. I have absolutely no pity or sorrow for most of these folks. The population dropped from 500k to 300k (Erie size).. I dont wish ill for folk but when they dont want to take the right steps to fix things, except create more corruption and IMHO stealing of my tax dollars.. well f'em.
Dana

L8 APEX
08-30-2007, 10:24 PM
No tax dollars should go toward trying to fix stupid, we know you can't fix stupid. If you want to live BELOW sea level that is your choice. If you want to ignore all warnings of a cat 5 direct hit, once again your choice not on my dollar.