PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to recommend an alignment shop

03LightningRocks
08-27-2007, 10:20 PM
I have decided to drive my Lightning on the street again and I need a front end alignment in a big way. Terry put some kind of hoopty springs on the front to give me better traction when launching. It works...hell..it will pop wheelies now...LOL. It is pulling me all over the damned place when I drive around town.

wesman
08-27-2007, 10:28 PM
We need Tre to come have an alignment day again

The L is pretty easy, most anyone should be able to do it.

Champion Spring in Ft Worth always gets mentioned here.

--wes

03LightningRocks
08-27-2007, 10:36 PM
We need Tre to come have an alignment day again

The L is pretty easy, most anyone should be able to do it.

Champion Spring in Ft Worth always gets mentioned here.

--wes

I didn't know if the work Terry did to the front suspension might make doing an alignment difficult. You made a damn good decision not doing the springs on your front. The front end feels like a pogo stick going down the road.

wesman
08-27-2007, 10:40 PM
I didn't know if the work Terry did to the front suspension might make doing an alignment difficult. You made a damn good decision not doing the springs on your front. The front end feels like a pogo stick going down the road.

lol, mine doesn't feel so good without the sway bar either (been off since TFC in Dec :eek2::eek2: ) I just have stock cut front springs AFAIK.

I still have to put the QA1's on and replace the long bars with the Metco's, see if we can get some wheelies out of this thing :burnout:

03LightningRocks
08-27-2007, 11:10 PM
lol, mine doesn't feel so good without the sway bar either (been off since TFC in Dec :eek2::eek2: ) I just have stock cut front springs AFAIK.

I still have to put the QA1's on and replace the long bars with the Metco's, see if we can get some wheelies out of this thing :burnout:

I still have my sway bar hanging out in the garage. It didn't seem this bad until after the spring replacement. I took the sway bar out about three years ago.

I might put it back on to see if it helps some. Maybe the new springs are making it more noticable. Thanks for the idea:tu:.

Silver_2000
08-28-2007, 07:36 AM
Mark#2 uses a NTB, I think it is, over by him - I went there - they were pretty competent - There is a thread here somewhere with the details ...

Mark #2
08-28-2007, 08:36 AM
I am putting the sway bar back in tonight and then will go to NTB for an alignment later this week.

I will let you know if the guy I liked still works there, it has been a few years.

Sandman
08-28-2007, 09:07 AM
I am putting the sway bar back in tonight and then will go to NTB for an alignment later this week.

I will let you know if the guy I liked still works there, it has been a few years.

Careful at NTB. I took the wife's truck there and they tried to tell me it needed $800 in repairs, part of which included replacing the camber bolts...which they didn't know if it needed since they hadn't checked the alignment before they gave me an estimate. I asked them to go ahead and check the alignment and the camber was fine.

Beaudee
08-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Dallas frame and alignment. 2514 Fabens Rd.,Dallas ,Tx. 75229 972-241-2361

03LightningRocks
08-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Let me know how it goes at NTB Mark. Thanks for the warning sandman. Beaudeen...are they familiar with the unfamiliar? In other words, do you think they could align a hooptied out Lightning?

Beaudee
08-29-2007, 01:10 AM
I was told they are the best for alignment troubled cars like my GTO.They will align your ride to handle like a sports car or to get even wear on the tires which is what i am after.I havent used em yet but they come highly reccomended.

L8 APEX
08-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Dallas Frame has been a fixure in Dallas for half a century it seems. They are pros. I don't like NTB, Pep Boys, etc they usually have a high employee turnover.

03LightningRocks
08-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Thanks guys, I will check them out. NTB worried me because the guys that worked there always seemed to, "just be passing through".