PDA

View Full Version : Glad I did not do the EGR delete

charlie
08-29-2007, 10:44 PM
I got my truck inspected yesterday. The pricks crawled all over my truck. I ask them what they where looking for under my hood, cuz no one had ever even looked under my hood before. He radded off a list a mile long. He even measured how low my brake fluid was, and said if it was a 1/4 inch low he would fail my truck.:rolleyes: He almost failed my truck because of the Home made I.C. cooler. Till I told him it was just something to help me get better fuel mileage:evil LOL and the goofball bought it.

Time to find another place to go to.

Charlie

By the way, it was the Goodyear on main in The Colony, across from Wally world.

WA 2 FST
08-29-2007, 11:12 PM
Bob Tomes Ford in McKinney.

There is at least one tech there that has a Gen 2 L. Cool guys I've known for many years.

03LightningRocks
08-30-2007, 12:12 AM
It sounds like one of those deals where they try to find something they can charge you extra for. What a bunch of dicks!!! I have heard of Goodyear focking people over before.

tiffo60
08-30-2007, 08:15 AM
your going to the wrong places, I have a couple of places that dont even require you to get out of the truck:icon_mrgreen:

danielvalles1
08-30-2007, 09:54 AM
I know how you feal man i usualy dont have time to do my oil change so i take it to ford and im in the benches out side and it sounds like there doing a dyno test but then again that makes me a domass for taking it to ford.:icon_mrgreen:

charlie
08-30-2007, 06:34 PM
your going to the wrong places, I have a couple of places that dont even require you to get out of the truck:icon_mrgreen:

Where? I did not like the idea of some retard driving my "L".

Thanks
Charlie

L8 APEX
08-30-2007, 10:27 PM
I drive mine in and they even let me put the new sticker on like I like it. They give me my trailer inspections to go so I don't have to haul my trailer in:cool:

03LightningRocks
08-30-2007, 10:42 PM
I have a few friends that help me out also. I never offer to share the connection out of fear of screwing it up.

It's a little something I learned from my "hippy days"....:evil.

BC Lightning
08-31-2007, 11:24 AM
I have a few friends that help me out also. I never offer to share the connection out of fear of screwing it up.

+1 I have a place I have taken the Jeeps, Lightnings, Silverado, Tahoe and Vettes to over the years, and usually they wont pass, but it helps my H.S. buddy's dad owns the place, but I wont say who it is because well like Terry said I sometimes get my inspections to go.

When I had my 1979 Jeep CJ-7 with a chevy 350 small block I ran open hooker headers on it all the time, and well it got passed everytime :D

mikelemoine
08-31-2007, 01:16 PM
I think there are a lot of inspections to go places. I see junkers on the hwy everyday puking blue smoke, bald tires and busted brake lights dangling by the wires. Funny thing is they manage to have a recent inspection sticker! Either someone took a sledge hammer to their car and put kitty litter in the oil fill tube in the last month, or they have a friend in the biz...

L8 APEX
08-31-2007, 01:20 PM
A cash bribe will usually get you a sticker, but very very few will let them out the door on a piece of paper. It is a serious crime for them not to put them on the windshield in person..

BC Lightning
08-31-2007, 01:51 PM
A cash bribe will usually get you a sticker, but very very few will let them out the door on a piece of paper. It is a serious crime for them not to put them on the windshield in person..

again I have known the son all through school and known the dad a long time, so that helps, and they do let me place the sticker how I want it

L8 APEX
08-31-2007, 02:04 PM
Again, I don't care bunghullio:icon_eek:

tiffo60
08-31-2007, 02:10 PM

i saw these and thought you would like them T

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs8/300W/i/2005/332/4/d/Don_t_be_an_asshat__by_robert.jpg

http://grouse.net.au/~sirrobin/asshat.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/189/491288643_c3fad0194f_m.jpg

Ohmsby
08-31-2007, 03:55 PM
A$$ hats:rll:

I take all of my vehicles to be legitimately inspected

shame on the rest of you for skirting the law:tex

steinjr
08-31-2007, 04:12 PM
List of things to inspect under the hood? Checking fluid levels? WTF!

03LightningRocks
08-31-2007, 04:35 PM
List of things to inspect under the hood? Checking fluid levels? WTF!

I think that is bullsh!t also. I have never heard of any State inspection including a fluid check. Actually, I wonder if they are breaking some kind of law when they claim the State is mandating fluid levels? I bet they are.

You should report their sorry arses Charlie. Turn the sh!t on them. Imagine how many folks are duped by that BS.

charlie
08-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Yeah yeah yeah.... All you guy's with the hook up. :tongue: Mine passed. I just want to find a place that won't pop the hood. The Whipple is closer than I thought it would be. And I will have to do the EGR delete then.
Charlie

03LightningRocks
08-31-2007, 05:24 PM
I drive mine in and they even let me put the new sticker on like I like it. They give me my trailer inspections to go so I don't have to haul my trailer in:cool:

+1 I have a place I have taken the Jeeps, Lightnings, Silverado, Tahoe and Vettes to over the years, and usually they wont pass, but it helps my H.S. buddy's dad owns the place, but I wont say who it is because well like Terry said I sometimes get my inspections to go.

When I had my 1979 Jeep CJ-7 with a chevy 350 small block I ran open hooker headers on it all the time, and well it got passed everytime :D

again I have known the son all through school and known the dad a long time, so that helps, and they do let me place the sticker how I want it

http://www.spurgin.net/images/etc/attention_whore.jpg

charlie
08-31-2007, 05:38 PM
How do you do the multiple quotes on one post?

Charlie

03LightningRocks
08-31-2007, 05:42 PM

Charlie

Quote.....Copy....Paste..Quote...Copy.......Paste. .....Quote.....copy...Paste...Repeat:icon_mrgreen: .

It is probably not worth the time to anyone who actually has a life. Me...well...sometimes I just get bored:cool:.

03LightningRocks
08-31-2007, 05:47 PM
i saw these and thought you would like them T

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs8/300W/i/2005/332/4/d/Don_t_be_an_asshat__by_robert.jpg

http://grouse.net.au/~sirrobin/asshat.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/189/491288643_c3fad0194f_m.jpg

What...afraid you wouldn't get another shot at using the asshat portfolio?
One should always use the picture bomb sparingly...grasshoppah.

:evil

Chris94L
08-31-2007, 05:58 PM

Charlie
There is a button.

Quote.....Copy....Paste..Quote...Copy.......Paste. .....Quote.....copy...Paste...Repeat:icon_mrgreen: .

It is probably not worth the time to anyone who actually has a life. Me...well...sometimes I just get bored:cool:.
Damn Rocks you all doin it the hard way!

Click this to multiquote! http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images_talon/buttons/multiquote_off.gif

L8 APEX
08-31-2007, 06:00 PM
There is a button.

Damn Rocks you all doin it the hard way!

Click this to multiquote! http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images_talon/buttons/multiquote_off.gif
Asshat:rll:

BC Lightning
08-31-2007, 07:12 PM

never noticed that button till now :hammer:

charlie
08-31-2007, 09:24 PM
Me either.

03LightningRocks
08-31-2007, 11:28 PM
Cool....:bows.

03LightningRocks
08-31-2007, 11:31 PM
never noticed that button till now :hammer:

Me either.

Cool....:bows.

Cool....we all learned something.

03LightningRocks
08-31-2007, 11:35 PM
***#**:rll:

Sorry Terry..................

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/mouth.jpg

charlie
08-31-2007, 11:38 PM
Yeah.... So what question do I ask to find out the best place to get an inspection with out them looking under the hood? I ask that, and now I know how to quote a lot. :icon_mrgreen:

Charlie

PoorSvtman
09-01-2007, 11:35 PM
find a quick lube place that has nothing but young kids... look to see if they drive junker cars lol... Most of the time they dont care.

Also the inspector is supposed to check the level of the brake fluid but theres no exact measurment.

Things havent realy changed since i stoped doing inspections a few years back. But it is getting hard to find a place to do them.

L8 APEX
09-01-2007, 11:46 PM
yep, a 20-40 dollar tip doesn't come close to paying that ten thousand dollar fine for such a violation or suspension upon a second violation.

03LightningRocks
09-02-2007, 01:27 AM
....snip........

Also the inspector is supposed to check the level of the brake fluid but theres no exact measurment.

snip.........

I learn something new on here every day. I swear on all that's holy, I have never had an inspector check my brake fluid. At least now I know not to wig out on them if one does decide to check it.

L8 APEX
09-02-2007, 09:09 AM
I would believe they are supposed to check the brake fluid that it is above the minimum line.

charlie
09-02-2007, 01:38 PM
I found another place. I think I'll do a test run in Sandra's car and see what they do.

Charlie

99WhiteBeast
09-04-2007, 09:47 AM
A few questions for those in the know:

If you go and get an inspection and they notice no EGR you would obviously fail. Are you then entered into the computer so the next attempt at another place would be alerted?

Can you inspect out of the county you are registered in?

Mark #2
09-04-2007, 06:26 PM
A few questions for those in the know:

If you go and get an inspection and they notice no EGR you would obviously fail. Are you then entered into the computer so the next attempt at another place would be alerted?

Can you inspect out of the county you are registered in?
I believe talking to my guys up the street.
Yes
No

PUMP
09-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Looks like there might be a market for Faux EGR kit. Maybe a used EGR valve/tube that attached to the EGR delete plate and a sensor bank to bolt onto the lower part of the blower. The lower part of the EGR tube would just hang down.

charlie
09-04-2007, 07:19 PM
That would be a pain with the Whipple, wouldn't it?

Charlie

Mark #2
09-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Looks like there might be a market for Faux EGR kit. Maybe a used EGR valve/tube that attached to the EGR delete plate and a sensor bank to bolt onto the lower part of the blower. The lower part of the EGR tube would just hang down.

It is called a US Quarter at/in the tube connection.;)

PUMP
09-04-2007, 09:26 PM
It is called a US Quarter at/in the tube connection.;)I am a cheap a$$ L owner, I used an old mexican coin (a circa 1980 5-peso I think).

03LightningRocks
09-04-2007, 09:32 PM
I am a cheap a$$ L owner, I used an old mexican coin (a circa 1980 5-peso I think).

:rll::rll::rll: