PDA

View Full Version : Mach 1 or mod the L?

RSVT
08-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Well im thinking about getting me a second car which i have a mach 1 mustang in mind, i dont know why, but always thought those cars were bad a$$, or should i jus waste the money on modding the L but still gonna be my daily driver...What do yall think?:tex

bluesvt
08-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Well im thinking about getting me a second car which i have a mach 1 mustang in mind, i dont know why, but always thought those cars were bad a$$, or should i jus waste the money on modding the L but still gonna be my daily driver...What do yall think?:tex

When I worked at Five Star I wanted a Mach 1 as well. I don't know why but just did. I like the cars and for a second one that would be cool to go with the L.

BC Lightning
08-31-2007, 07:17 PM
get a second car, but something a little cheaper, that way you can have some extra cash to save for bigger mods for the L

the more you mod the less your gas mileage is, which wouldn't make for a good D.D. I'm lucky to see 6-7mpg on the streets and maybe 10mpg if I drive on the hwy a lot :rolleyes:

L8 APEX
08-31-2007, 11:26 PM
Two hot rods is like two girlfriends. Not many men can afford both of them.

wesman
08-31-2007, 11:38 PM
Two hot rods is like two girlfriends. Not many men can afford both of them.

ROFL...truer words have never been spoken......:evil:evil

dboat
09-01-2007, 02:04 AM

I really understand what you are thinking here..and have been thinking about this as well. My other car is a 2002 Acura TL.. as a sedan its really not too bad.. it has decent get up and go, gets 29 mpg on the hwy, is comfy, has the in dash gps to dvd mod so I can watch movies while driving.. but what I have been thinking about is the following. There is a tuner outfit up here that specializes in doing the turbo and N02 mod to Mustangs. They have a couple of kits that will take your 6 cyl 'Stang and make it a mid 11 sec beast but keep your gas mileage. I have been considering this. You add on a few aftermarket body parts, upgrade the brakes, a few chassis add ons for handling and you have a really nice sleeper, decent mileage but something that will give most anything on the road a run for its money.

Dana

tiffo60
09-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Daily driving a modded L just sucks, seems like once the 60# injectors goes in the gas mileage is all down hill from there:rolleyes:

GoldLS1
09-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Yep.... recent trip home I got 11.6666 MPG ALL HIGHWAY WTF. Granted I was running between 85-110 most of the way (2 times it was at 140ish), but damn. Mixed highway/city during the week I get 12-14 MPG. Ive NEVER seen the trip gauge go over 238miles. AND I DONT EVEN HAVE A CONVERTER!! I didnt buy it for the gas milage tho... 2nd car gets my vote.

tiffo60
09-04-2007, 12:54 PM
just tostart a flame war, if i were going to buy a second car I would go with some sort of LS1,camaro,trans am,vette,ect. Great power and decent gas mileage in stock form:tex

Ohmsby
09-04-2007, 01:14 PM
get an H3 :throw:

L8 APEX
09-04-2007, 01:34 PM
A C5 is the best V8 commuter car:D they are well into the teens used and a ton of fun, cheap to mod, easy to work on etc.

GoldLS1
09-04-2007, 02:13 PM
word, I was going to say that but didnt want to get flammed. My car still got 20+ on the highway... huge cam and converter!! Made only 350/400 and Id guess would run a 7.2ish @ low 90s. Fun as hell to drive, cant wait to get another. *sigh* only time.

BC Lightning
09-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Yep.... recent trip home I got 11.6666 MPG ALL HIGHWAY WTF. Granted I was running between 85-110 most of the way (2 times it was at 140ish), but damn. Mixed highway/city during the week I get 12-14 MPG. Ive NEVER seen the trip gauge go over 238miles. AND I DONT EVEN HAVE A CONVERTER!! I didnt buy it for the gas milage tho... 2nd car gets my vote.

When I was daily driving my truck I was having to fill up every other day, but I know that it comes with the territory, I would bitch every other day about having to spend about $120.00 every other day so I started daily driving the Corvette, that is until I get my Tahoe at the end of the month