PDA

View Full Version : Hummmmmm..... (thinking out loud)

GoldLS1
09-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Ive been wanting to sell the truck for awhile now... Its goin to be a PITA to demod. I was thinking of taking it to a dealer for trade in and just take the hit. I got to totaling up the price tag and Id be a dumbass to do that. I know no one (dealer or private party) will pay any extra $$$ for a modded truck. Guess Ill have to see if my buddy will help me get the BTS process started (tools and airplane hanger!!). Im thinkin I could get everything off and BTS in a weekends' time. Thanks for listening (end thinking out loud)!! http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_confused.gif

RSVT
09-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Ive been wanting to sell the truck for awhile now... Its goin to be a PITA to demod. I was thinking of taking it to a dealer for trade in and just take the hit. I got to totaling up the price tag and Id be a dumbass to do that. I know no one (dealer or private party) will pay any extra $$$ for a modded truck. Guess Ill have to see if my buddy will help me get the BTS process started (tools and airplane hanger!!). Im thinkin I could get everything off and BTS in a weekends' time. Thanks for listening (end thinking out loud)!! http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_confused.gif

what mods do you have done to it? list please?

bluesvt
09-01-2007, 06:44 PM

Little dealer off camp bowie said he will pay more for a modded lightning but it's prob :Bullshit

L8 APEX
09-01-2007, 07:19 PM
I'd list it in Autorader and eBay and wait a month or two. Those modded DSG's go pretty quickly. There is never a win at the dealership.

PoorSvtman
09-01-2007, 11:23 PM
www.mautofied.com

would sell quicker than on autotrader or anything else..

danielvalles1
09-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Little dealer off camp bowie said he will pay more for a modded lightning but it's prob :Bullshitcampbowie you say, was it R&LB sales and leasing the guy that owns the lot used to be a svt rep. My dad boght his 04 L there a while back with some mods.:icon_question:

GoldLS1
09-02-2007, 11:02 AM
what mods do you have done to it? list please?

Air Force One Elbow
12" K&N cone filter
Kenne Bell with 3inch upper
4# LFP interchangable lower
JLP Sheet metal plenum
Kook Long Tubes
Custom Catless Mid pipes
Magnaflow Muffler (the big one not the little part #12568)
Magnaflow 4" tips
Sct Xcal 2
Granatelli (SCT) 2400 Mass air
60lb injectors
Twin 255 fuel pumps
LFP TBFTVB
Ford 4x4 Pan
Reflexxion Cobra R hood
Lund Genesis Softbed cover
Auto Meter Triple pod
Auto Meter Steering pod
AEM A/F guage
Auto Meter Boost guage
Auto Meter Tranny Temp guage
Auto Meter Fuel Pressure guage (mech)
Auto Meter Fuel Pressure adapter plug
(2) 2 1/2" QTP stainless cutouts
Silvania HID headlights
Stang Mods HID foglights
Smoked gray Tailights
Clear Corners
2" Drop shackles
EBC Green Stuff Pads
EBC Drilled/Slotted Rotors

Think thats about it for mods...

Truck is an 04 DSG has under 30k miles and is in good shape (drivers seat has the little wear where the right cheek of you ass goes, 2 rock little rock chips on the front, 2 on the hook where a nail skidded up, 1 little crack in the windshield smaller than a pencil eraser, 1 blemish in the paint on the rear panel also smaller than a pencil eraser, and the bed is scratched some which I might look into getting a bedcover).

In everyones opinion, and I know everyone has one... what would be a good asking price for as is (all stock parts except: muffler back, injectors, and tranny pan included). AND a good price if put back to stock for the most part. Id prob leave the Twin 255s and prob the VB and 4x4 pan.

Thanks for everyones opinion in advance...

L8 APEX
09-02-2007, 02:52 PM
I would start at 26 and go from there. What is dealer trade 17-18? When does/did the 3/36 warranty expire?

RSVT
09-02-2007, 04:10 PM
any prices on the merch.? i got dibs:D

charlie
09-02-2007, 04:23 PM
If you part it out I'll take the exhaust. I'll switch them (if you want mine)

Charlie

GoldLS1
09-02-2007, 06:45 PM
I would start at 26 and go from there. What is dealer trade 17-18? When does/did the 3/36 warranty expire?

26??? KBB said trade in 22.5k, PP 24.7k and retail 27.2k, . Warranty expires this Oct or 36k.

Cant let it go for 26.... I paid 27 for it last October (that was with shipping and TTL) and have almost 10K in parts (no labor or shipping in that price). Thats why I was thinkin BTS and sell the parts for a damn good price on here and go from there. If the dealer would give me 22k after BTS Id be ok with that.

04SVTRACING
09-02-2007, 08:40 PM
campbowie you say, was it R&LB sales and leasing the guy that owns the lot used to be a svt rep. My dad boght his 04 L there a while back with some mods.:icon_question:

That wouldn't have been a silver 04, would it have?

03LightningRocks
09-03-2007, 11:48 AM
http://www.leopard.net/~alari/hyenas/pics/hyena-06.jpg

charlie
09-03-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm the one on the left.

Charlie

03LightningRocks
09-03-2007, 03:10 PM
The laughing hyena would be Terry, of coarse. :cool:

99WhiteBeast
09-04-2007, 09:34 AM
I would be interested in the Silvania HID headlights with a swap if you decide to part out. I have the clear 02's not 99 headlights

Silver_2000
09-04-2007, 09:48 AM
26??? KBB said trade in 22.5k, PP 24.7k and retail 27.2k, . Warranty expires this Oct or 36k.

Cant let it go for 26.... I paid 27 for it last October (that was with shipping and TTL) and have almost 10K in parts (no labor or shipping in that price). Thats why I was thinkin BTS and sell the parts for a damn good price on here and go from there. If the dealer would give me 22k after BTS Id be ok with that.
Take a second look at this - you shouldnt expect to get more than about ~50% of retail on the used parts - plus you get tax advantage from trading

SILVER2000SVT
09-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Take a second look at this - you shouldnt expect to get more than about ~50% of retail on the used parts - plus you get tax advantage from trading

+1
You can get about 50% of the parts retail value (without labor) if you part it out. Can you swap the parts yourself? Otherwise you will have to pay someone to do the swap which will significantly cut into the money you hope to get.

If you hold out long enough you might can find someone to buy as is, but you will only get about 15-25% of the value of the aftermarket parts (without labor).

My advice to get the most money out is to take a balanced approach and to swap out the easy to swap parts but consider leaving the labor intensive parts with the truck. Where you draw the line depends on what you time is worth and how much effort you are willing to spend swapping parts. You are always better off selling the truck to an individual rather than trading in. You do get a tax break on the trade in value but I have never seen this be anywhere even close to the difference you get by selling it on your own.

GoldLS1
09-04-2007, 02:00 PM

50% what are you smoking... be reasonable. Most of these parts are less than 6 months old. Your telling me the AEM gauge is worth 150... Headers 500!! KB w/ sheetmetal intake 1250. Come on now Doug. Ill let the parts go at a reasonable price for all parties but I WILL NOT give them away. Im in no hurry to get rid of the parts.... its the BTS Im in a semi hurry to do. Given their age and condition Ill do between 70 & 80 percent of current market price. I believe that is fair.

tiffo60
09-04-2007, 02:12 PM
50% what are you smoking... be reasonable. Most of these parts are less than 6 months old. Your telling me the AEM gauge is worth 150... Headers 500!! KB w/ sheetmetal intake 1250. Come on now Doug. Ill let the parts go at a reasonable price for all parties but I WILL NOT give them away. Im in no hurry to get rid of the parts.... its the BTS Im in a semi hurry to do. Given their age and condition Ill do between 70 & 80 percent of current market price. I believe that is fair.

KB w/ intake you could get 2k for seeing how you cant buy the 2.3kb anymore

Headers 6 or 650 tops

AEM 150 tops( i can buy them for 250 brand new)

how old the parts are really doesnt matter since used is used

just search nloc.net and see whats stuff is going for, not whats being asked but what its actually being sold for, people always ask high at first but they come back to reality after they dont get any bites.

Ohmsby
09-04-2007, 02:12 PM
You will probably get what the market will give and a search on NLOC for similar part will tell the tale

good luck:tu:

I see Tiff and I are sharing thought which scares the hell out of me

GoldLS1
09-04-2007, 02:19 PM
KB w/ intake you could get 2k for seeing how you cant buy the 2.3kb anymore

Headers 6 or 650 tops

AEM 150 tops( i can buy them for 250 brand new)

how old the parts are really doesnt matter since used is used

just search nloc.net and see whats stuff is going for, not whats being asked but what its actually being sold for, people always ask high at first but they come back to reality after they dont get any bites.

You can buy the AEM for 250?? I remember paying 299.95 plus shipping?? Hell if thats the case Ill keep it for the next car. Like I said I dont mind sitting on the parts. I know what they are worth to me.

Preciate the info, advice, and insight. Guess I didnt realize L mods were so expensive new and owners were such CHEAPASSES on used parts!! http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_nod.gif

Seriously tho thanks guys....

tiffo60
09-04-2007, 02:26 PM
You can buy the AEM for 250?? I remember paying 299.95 plus shipping?? Hell if thats the case Ill keep it for the next car. Like I said I dont mind sitting on the parts. I know what they are worth to me.

Preciate the info, advice, and insight. Guess I didnt realize L mods were so expensive new and owners were such CHEAPASSES on used parts!! http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_nod.gif

Seriously tho thanks guys....

yeah when its used everyone is looking for a steal:icon_mrgreen:

I bet you could get the most out of them on ebay

GoldLS1
09-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Blahhhhhhh I HATE EBAY. Who knows, Ill play it by ear. Like I said Im in no real hurry to sell the parts. Anyone have stock injectors and stock muffler back they want to sell... name your price.

BC Lightning
09-04-2007, 02:57 PM
..................and owners were such CHEAPASSES on used parts...........

I have learned this too well, on some after market parts I no longer needed I just threw them away because I knew nobody would give me what it was worth and didn't want to deal with people low balling me or having to meet up with people, so in the trash they went :rolleyes:

I'm the same way about e-bay, dont really care to use it

TXLIGHTNING
09-04-2007, 03:45 PM
I have learned this too well, on some after market parts I no longer needed I just threw them away because I knew nobody would give me what it was worth and didn't want to deal with people low balling me or having to meet up with people, so in the trash they went :rolleyes:

I'm the same way about e-bay, dont really care to use it You trashed it all :eek:. Damn dude, R U made of money :D. I would rather get something instead of nothing. Just my 2 cents :beer:.

PUMP
09-04-2007, 04:19 PM
snip....
Guess I didnt realize L mods were so expensive new and owners were such CHEAPASSES on used parts!! http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_nod.gif snip...
I really don't understand all the ranting about not being able to get 80% value for used stuff. Retailers often dispose of new stuff for 50% to 75% of full retail value.
A seller sets the price, and either there are buyers at that price .... or not. No need to badmouth anyone for wanting a good deal.

Nobody ever brags about paying full price, or higher, for anything.

GoldLS1
09-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Ranting.... see the nodding smilie!! Im just stating what I see. I hate to keep bringing up LSX stuff, but used stuff on their usually goes for about 75%. Firearms same way. Golf clubs.... those are a few of the things ive priced used lately. But the market dictates price and you have to admit if used is 50% the L market is full of tightwads.

Retail puts items on sale because THEY HAVE TO MOVE INVENTORY. They are either about to have to pay for the inventory (either for the actual piece or taxes), have to make room for new inventory, or are about to go out of business due to NO SALES.

IMO I think 70-80% is a good deal for both parties. Maybe Im living in a dream world??

Silver_2000
09-04-2007, 05:01 PM
I gave up weed years ago

Ive been watching people sell mods off Lightnings for 7 years - did it once myself - the most people get about 50% average for the parts they sell - your KB may send that average higher but I would be willing to bet $100 you wont get 80% average for everything

you used to be able to look on NLOC fir fair market value but the new classifieds makes that tougher

03LightningRocks
09-04-2007, 05:08 PM
I love the part about LSX guys paying more for used parts.

GoldLS1
09-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Yep, we try not to rip people off... apparently ford guys like to give it to other guys in the ass!! http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/icon_eek.gif

03LightningRocks
09-04-2007, 05:27 PM
LOL....wow...in the ass? See, I was thinking the guy selling the part was doing the screwing. He used up the damn thing and then wants me to pay for sloppy seconds. I figured folks would be doing you a favor to take used parts off your hands. Look at it another way...it will help you to rid yourself of all these a$$hole Ford guys. Hell, if owning a Ford is so tramatic to you, I would think you would want to erase all memories of this horrible chapter in your life;). You should probably just burn the whole truck and deny that you where ever a Ford owner. Some things are just more important than money:cool:.

Mark #2
09-04-2007, 05:29 PM
I love the part about LSX guys paying more for used parts.

I have a friend that is a LS guy, the engine hoist and stand stored in my garage are his.

He is an EBAY expert, he says local people have payed more for his used LS parts than he paid for them new from Summit/JEGS.

03LightningRocks
09-04-2007, 05:31 PM
I have a friend that is a LS guy, the engine hoist and stand stored in my garage are his.

He is an EBAY expert, he says local people have payed more for his used LS parts than he paid for them new from Summit/JEGS.

That doesn't speak very well for the intelligence of these generous souls.

charlie
09-04-2007, 05:38 PM

:rll::rll::rll: I knew there was something wrong with them Cheby fellers.

GoldLS1, I hate to tell you this, but used Lightning go fast goodies really do go for 50 to 75% of retail (In good condition). Give or take, depending on what it is. Plus most parts are coming down in price anyway. I payed $250.00 Shipped for a new AEM wide band. Good luck with what ever you do.

Charlie

Silver_2000
09-04-2007, 05:38 PM
IMO I think 70-80% is a good deal for both parties. Maybe Im living in a dream world??

I think that Lightning owners are informed - If the part is still available and I can get a NEW one with Warranty and support from a dealer for 20% more Ill buy it there ...

The hassle of meeting up with someone and finding out that they misrepresented the condition just isnt worth it

If Im buying used, as is, where is, I dont pay more than 60%

Doug

Mark #2
09-04-2007, 05:42 PM
That doesn't speak very well for the intelligence of these generous souls.

I wouldn't go that far as convenience of good used parts locally and quickly is what drove the sales apparently.

But he states it was a competition thing on out bidding the other guy to get them.
There isn't a lot of competition for L parts.

03LightningRocks
09-04-2007, 05:46 PM
I wouldn't go that far as convenience of good used parts locally and quickly is what drove the sales apparently.

But he states it was a competition thing on out bidding the other guy to get them.

OK then... are you telling me that it is a smart move to pay more for used parts than you would pay for new parts with a warranty?

I probably am going to stick with my thought that only a nut would pay more for something used than it cost new.

TXLIGHTNING
09-04-2007, 05:49 PM

There isn't a lot of competition for L parts.+1 Its all about demand :tu:.

Mark #2
09-04-2007, 06:06 PM
OK then... are you telling me that it is a smart move to pay more for used parts than you would pay for new parts with a warranty?

I probably am going to stick with my thought that only a nut would pay more for something used than it cost new.

I try not to discuss Intelligence and Internet.
Seems like an Oxymoron;)

Just in case anyone needs a reference.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxymoron

We are getting off topic now, post your prices and demand will determine the outcome. No need to discuss any more.

GoldLS1
09-04-2007, 06:52 PM
LOL... good stuff. Damn some of you guys got your panties in a wad. Rocks go ahead and pull yours out now!! It's alright man, take a deep breath.

03LightningRocks
09-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Actually Zac, it was you that seems to have his panties in a bunch. Getting online boohooing about how poor little Zac can't get what he wants for his parts. What a joke. :tu:

BC Lightning
09-04-2007, 07:36 PM
LOL... good stuff. Damn some of you guys got your panties in a wad. Rocks go ahead and pull yours out now!! It's alright man, take a deep breath.

Ah Shit here we go :popcorn

Edit: LOL like how the forum automatically changed my word

03LightningRocks
09-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Ah http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/sh_t.gif here we go :popcorn

Edit: LOL like how the forum automatically changed my word

Fixed it for you...:icon_mrgreen:.

BC Lightning
09-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Fixed it for you...:icon_mrgreen:.

BC Lightning
09-04-2007, 07:45 PM
You trashed it all :eek:. Damn dude, R U made of money :D. I would rather get something instead of nothing. Just my 2 cents :beer:.

The parts I could move quickly and get what I wanted I sold, some I just give to close TALON buddies that could benefit from it where I no longer could

the rest, yes I trashed, it would take up too much of my time, I have had nothing but bad experiences with shipping items so I don't bother with selling them to anyone but locals

if it doesn't sell it goes in the trash, I also don't believe in storing stuff either :rolleyes:

03LightningRocks
09-04-2007, 07:47 PM
50% what are you smoking... be reasonable.

Guess I didnt realize L mods were so expensive new and owners were such CHEAPASSES on used parts!! http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_nod.gif

Ranting.... But the market dictates price and you have to admit if used is 50% the L market is full of tightwads.

... apparently ford guys like to give it to other guys in the ass!! http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/icon_eek.gif

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/b5066060.jpg

GoldLS1
09-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Yawnnn... you done yet Rocks.

StormShadow
09-04-2007, 09:04 PM
I have some injectors that I'll sell you. You pay more for used stuff right? I think I'll offer all of my stuff to you for sale first and if you don't want it I'll reprice it for everyone else. Oh and I have a stock DSG hood for sale and a tow hitch off of my lightning. I'll look around and see if I can find anything else I dont want. I think I might have my stock fuel pumps too and maybe my stock air box.

Ohmsby
09-04-2007, 09:39 PM
To end all of this misery I will give you 18 K for the truck as is cash......

GoldLS1
09-04-2007, 09:43 PM
I have some injectors that I'll sell you. You pay more for used stuff right? I think I'll offer all of my stuff to you for sale first and if you don't want it I'll reprice it for everyone else. Oh and I have a stock DSG hood for sale and a tow hitch off of my lightning. I'll look around and see if I can find anything else I dont want. I think I might have my stock fuel pumps too and maybe my stock air box.

Yes sir I do pay more... :rll:. All I need is injectors and stock muffler back exhaust, I still have everything else. Mark that shit up!! If you really do have the injectors LMK price, PM or post it up!!

GoldLS1
09-04-2007, 09:44 PM
To end all of this misery I will give you 18 K for the truck as is cash......

Nope, remember you said DSG was a bad color for you!! :nono: I already tried and you shot me down.

my2002lightning
09-04-2007, 11:30 PM
Why don't you make an offer on those EBCs, Uncle Rocks. :evil

03LightningRocks
09-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Why don't you make an offer on those EBCs, Uncle Rocks. :evil

I have all the paper weights I need:D.

L8 APEX
09-05-2007, 03:54 AM
This reminds me of being in business, I've been taking it up and ass for years. I kind of started to like it there at the end:icon_eek:. I've been selling brand new parts at 70% of retail. Zac got a few of those deals from me as I recall. It was either meet LFP's specials or loose the sale:bows

03LightningRocks
09-05-2007, 09:07 AM
This reminds me of being in business, I've been taking it up and ass for years. I kind of started to like it there at the end:icon_eek:. I've been selling brand new parts at 70% of retail. Zac got a few of those deals from me as I recall. It was either meet LFP's specials or loose the sale:bows

Interesting information. I am sure that Zac figured his 70% of retail price off of what he paid after "giving it to you in the ass". I guess Ford guys aren't the ony ones who like to "give it to other guys in the ass".:rll::rll::rll:

Ohmsby
09-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Nope, remember you said DSG was a bad color for you!! :nono: I already tried and you shot me down.

yeah but I would paint it camo

GoldLS1
09-05-2007, 11:23 AM

Hold up now Terry lets speak the truth not B U L L S H I T in attempt to try to join Rocks at poking the fun (which he cant seem to get over, remind me of a f u c k i n g highschool kid, you sure your 35??)... I recall paying $900 (which is retail on the headers is it not??). Tell me Im wrong Terry?? Then I remeber you putting up your last set for 850 then reducing them to 800. Click here to refresh your memory http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13411

Lets see what price did I pay for the TB.... 350. WOW 10 bucks off what is that 2.8% off retail. Where is this 70% you speak of Terry.

What about the rest of the parts I bought... lets see you couldnt get them. I waited the better part of 10 days and you couldnt get them. I called LFP up (which you said they wouldnt return your calls) and they got them to me overnight, all the parts I needed that you couldnt get. Hummmmm. Im not trying to burn bridges but you gotta be able to take what you dish out. I went with you because the first time I talked to you on a Saturday, to called inquire about a KB install you said BRING IT OUT RIGHT NOW :eek:. I was impressed, no performance shop can EVER do that. Therefore I TRIED to buy my stuff from you. You however couldnt come up with the goods in a timely manor.

03LightningRocks
09-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Hold up now Terry lets speak the truth not B U L L S H I T in attempt to try to join Rocks at poking the fun (which he cant seem to get over, remind me of a f u c k i n g highschool kid, you sure your 35??)... I recall paying $900 (which is retail on the headers is it not??). Tell me Im wrong Terry?? Then I remeber you putting up your last set for 850 then reducing them to 800. Click here to refresh your memory http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13411

Lets see what price did I pay for the TB.... 350. WOW 10 bucks off what is that 2.8% off retail. Where is this 70% you speak of Terry.

What about the rest of the parts I bought... lets see you couldnt get them. I waited the better part of 10 days and you couldnt get them. I called LFP up (which you said they wouldnt return your calls) and they got them to me overnight, all the parts I needed that you couldnt get. Hummmmm. Im not trying to burn bridges but you gotta be able to take what you dish out. I went with you because the first time I talked to you on a Saturday, to called inquire about a KB install you said BRING IT OUT RIGHT NOW :eek:. I was impressed, no performance shop can EVER do that. Therefore I TRIED to buy my stuff from you. You however couldnt come up with the goods in a timely manor.

Panties???...... Wad???.......... Need a removal tool?:rll::rll::rll:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/calmdown.gif

GoldLS1
09-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Nope no wad... just stating the truth.

Hey rocks since you like pics so much heres one for you...
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/205/483496642_b9a4e6bcd4.jpg?v=0

03LightningRocks
09-05-2007, 03:20 PM
I like this one for you :D.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/boofockinhoo.jpg

GoldLS1
09-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Wow right out of the pages of

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/Dummy.JPG

RSVT
09-05-2007, 06:25 PM
:popcorn wow, how did this turn into a soul popper, i jus asked for prices on the merchandise, any idea yet of what you want?:tu:

03LightningRocks
09-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Here, maybe this will help you.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/cluepon.jpg

dboat
09-05-2007, 08:43 PM
:popcorn

I havent seen a thread like this in a long time..

Dana

03'svtlight
09-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Here, maybe this will help you.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/cluepon.jpg

Thats my uncle...............:rll::rll::rll::rll::beer:

BC Lightning
09-05-2007, 09:29 PM
:popcorn

this reminds me of a few Scott comments

03LightningRocks
09-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Thats my uncle...............:rll::rll::rll::rll::beer:

:beer:..........:D

danielvalles1
09-05-2007, 10:45 PM
That wouldn't have been a silver 04, would it have?
No it was a red one, the silver 04, thats the one i bought i traded for a 00, i had.:icon_biggrin: