PDA

View Full Version : Wade Wilson suspension

L8 APEX
09-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Damn, what does it matter if the coaches take drugs? That sucks. And who the hell thought it was a good idea to cut Gramatica? Didn't we just hire his favorite holder dude? shat!

WA 2 FST
09-03-2007, 12:28 AM
I agree. Wade Wilson is a good guy who has been battling diabetes (as a relatively young person) for a long time. He got a doctor's prescription to take something that is obviously not illegal... it just happens to be on the NFL's banned substance list.

Now he isn't saying what it was (and I don't care, since he's not playing). What is this magic drug (have to assume its a hormone enhancer of some type) going to do? Enhance brain cell reproduction or make him a "smarter" coach? Is he going to get all buffed up again physically and come out of retirement and be the Cowboys back up QB?

He's taking full responsibility for it... even says he realizes he'll be "lumped in with the cheaters." He isn't cheating anyone or anything.

The only way this makes sense is if the NFL is concerned that he (or other coaches) would be purchasing the banned substance and then dishing it out to players. I could understand this, but if the guy has a doctor's prescription and they cannot prove he distributed it to any players... I think Goodell is out of line on this one.

dboat
09-03-2007, 07:28 AM
Let me state that I dont know all the specifics in Wade's case.

The new commissioner is trying to send a VERY STRONG MESSAGE to anyone in the NFL. I do applaud him for starting down that road and trying to take some of the drug and crime element out. If he was there when the 'Boys won some of those SuperBowls, well they might have had to do it with a lot fewer players (sorry, my own thoughts). So my best guess is that he is going to use a pretty large brush to punish folks and might have to back track on some via the appeal process, but it is sending a message.

I have read some stuff that Wade was using it to help his diabetes, but I didnt hear that he had a prescription from his doctor.. if so, then that changes things, but we may find that some of these guys, esp the staff and not the players are going to be told to not appeal..

Dana

BC Lightning
09-03-2007, 11:48 AM
My sister has Lupus and it requires her to take steroids in order to give her enough physical strength to help fight off infections

So if Wade Phillips really did have a Dr.s prescription, whats the problem?? Are coaches and athletes taking medications no longer allowed to for the sake of their health??

WA 2 FST
09-03-2007, 02:15 PM
The report I read yesterday in the DMNews was very clear about him getting a doctor's prescription to order whatever it was he got.

wesman
09-05-2007, 10:07 AM
The report I read yesterday in the DMNews was very clear about him getting a doctor's prescription to order whatever it was he got.

Negative...he did it without medical supervision

toddwarren
09-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Have you seen the picture of the 65 year old man in the sports page of the Dallas Morning News who is ripped from the neck down but looks old on top??? The new thing peolple are taking to try and stay young is Human Growth Hormone! This is what alot of M.L.B. players take to keep those 21" arms looking that way since they started testing for steroids. H.G.H. I am told can not be tested for in Major League baseball.
Anyway H.G.H is being touted as the fountain of youth which can restart an older mans testosterone and help with healing with joints and ligaments
and rejuvinate things that make us grow older. My money is he tested for this not steroids but only the Cowboys and the legue know for sure.