PDA

View Full Version : Some advice

RSVT
09-12-2007, 08:40 AM
Well the truck was runnin good until i went to the car wash and degreased the motor since it was all dirty under the hood, and now the truck has wierd tone in the exhaust(like poppin noise) and idels high and low, and when i make a complete stop it shut off on me. and check engine light came on.

oh and i cleaned my intake filter before i took it to the car wash. i know my maf is peggin. What can it be? Thanks in advance

tiffo60
09-12-2007, 08:55 AM
part of it more than likely is you got a couple of the coil packs wet, you can pull them and blow them out with a air hose or just give it a couple days for them to dry out and see where your at

slick-svt
09-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Take that b-yatch on the hiway and put 140 on it till it dries out....:tu:

RSVT
09-14-2007, 09:02 AM
well its still doing the same thing, i think its not gettin enough fuel, should change the fuel pumps and fuel filter? which i was gonna do anyways to check if thats it

tiffo60
09-14-2007, 09:13 AM
well its still doing the same thing, i think its not gettin enough fuel, should change the fuel pumps and fuel filter? which i was gonna do anyways to check if thats it

did you take them out and blow them out with an airhose?

Ohmsby
09-14-2007, 09:22 AM
I also vote Cops:twitch:

slick-svt
09-14-2007, 10:25 AM
When did you change fuel filter last??

tiffo60
09-14-2007, 10:26 AM
its the cops, ill put money on it, blow them out with air and let them sit for a bit

I'll add some insight to my assumption,

2 years ago about 4 days before the Talon Fall Classic I decided to degrease and wash my entire engine bay so it would be all shiny for the fall classic. Once I finished it started missing like crazy and I changed everything fuel related trying to fix it. Drove it for 4 days and never stopped until the 3hr trip to the classic and when i got down there it was all good. Bottom line the cops got wet and didnt dry up for 4 days and a 3 hr road trip

99WhiteBeast
09-14-2007, 10:48 AM
its the cops, ill put money on it, blow them out with air and let them sit for a bit

I'll add some insight to my assumption,

2 years ago about 4 days before the Talon Fall Classic I decided to degrease and wash my entire engine bay so it would be all shiny for the fall classic. Once I finished it started missing like crazy and I changed everything fuel related trying to fix it. Drove it for 4 days and never stopped until the 3hr trip to the classic and when i got down there it was all good. Bottom line the cops got wet and didnt dry up for 4 days and a 3 hr road trip

So based on Tifo's experience Roy should drive to Kansas to attend L fest :d -problem solved

Barber says.............................................. .............

NEXT

BC Lightning
09-14-2007, 12:35 PM
I also vote Cops:twitch:

+100 for the coil packs

this is why I have diluted simple green spray to clean my engine bay, but i try to at least wipe it down once a week to keep from needing to pressure wash the motor

TXLIGHTNING
09-14-2007, 01:01 PM
+100 for the coil packs

this is why I have diluted simple green spray to clean my engine bay, but i try to at least wipe it down once a week to keep from needing to pressure wash the motor+1 a good cleaning by hand once a week does wonders :tu:.

Mark #2
09-14-2007, 04:35 PM
I also agree on the cops got wet.

I had my rad cover off at LFEST one year and we drove in heavy rain and it started missing. I changed the fuel filter before we left to come home and it didn't make any difference. Took all the way back to Dallas for it to clear up.

RSVT
09-14-2007, 06:59 PM
i found out what it was, its cyclinder #4 misfiring, now which side is that cyclinder on? thanks in advance

Mark #2
09-14-2007, 07:10 PM
i found out what it was, its cyclinder #4 misfiring, now which side is that cyclinder on? thanks in advance
Passenger side, the back one.

RSVT
09-14-2007, 07:49 PM
Thanks very much Mark

RSVT
09-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Passenger side, the back one.

should change the spark plug in that area also or not? jus thought i would ask since i have everything off right, and go ahead and change them