PDA

View Full Version : I/C pump suggestions

BC Lightning
09-23-2007, 02:50 PM
I am wanting to upgrade my I/C pump, after installing the new I/C tank I noticed the fluid was returning back to the tank at a very slow rate, I don't have any data to show exactly how fast, but it is no where near as fast as it used to be.

I'm going to get a new I/C pump but wanted to know if there is a bigger pump to use, or if you could put two stock pumps, one in the stock location and the other in the bed to help move the fluid from the bed mounted JLP super cooler

this could also be a reason for my high downstream temps the fluid is getting to hot going from the bed to the intercooler before getting cooled off again.

I haven't recharged my A/C system yet so no new data with the new I/C tank installed

any suggestions, anyone upgrade their I/C pumps??

--Michael

PUMP
09-23-2007, 03:22 PM
The OEM pump flow 4.5-gpm at 5-psi head. See attached for specs.
The iair charge cooler is designed for a specific flow rate. The pressure drop in the system varies exponentially with the flow. A 5% increase in flow may increase the pressure drop by as much as 20%.

dboat
09-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Michael,
I would suggest that you wait until you get your system charged up. You dont want too fast a flow or the fluid wont be able to lose enough heat through the system.. see what the data tells you after you get the system up and running..

Dana