PDA

View Full Version : Rear end problem

svtroky
09-29-2007, 07:29 AM
Hey guys a little help here well there’s a clack or noise in the rear end of my truck when ever I hit a bump or a dip the right side wheel sounds like its lose but I all ready check the bolts to see if the were lose and they r fine but there’s been going some liking of oil were the rear end bolts to the back disk or base.
:confused:Has this happed to someone or what can I do to get it fix or do I need to send it back to the ford dealership.

jmlay
09-29-2007, 08:22 AM
Sounds like a wheel bearing to me. If you are going to replace one side you better do both, & new seals.

Mike

slick-svt
09-29-2007, 09:36 PM
Is your exhaust loose or have a broke hanger?.....Ops didn't read it all check the bearing and seal

svtroky
10-01-2007, 07:19 AM
ok well check the rear end sunday n i did not opend it or toke it apart all the way but what i did find out the were the studs go it has a little move ment up and down what will bee the best thing to do take it to ford or terry.....

I would go with terry but what about the $ to get it fix I still have a extended warranty on my truck will this be cover.

L8 APEX
10-01-2007, 11:25 AM
It will have play in and out but not up and down. If it went bad it could have eaten the axle shaft also. Which would require a new axle. I am not setup to do rear end work right now. Read your warranty contract or call and see if it is covered. I have never seen a single rear end problem on these trucks, this would be a first.