PDA

View Full Version : What was that noise ?

Silver_2000
09-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Last night I was working ( on cell phone solving the worlds wireless internet problems ) and heard a noise - i thought it was the TV ...

Went to bed early and got up at 5:30 to go help the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk for the Cure (http://walk.jdrf.org/walker.cfm?id=86871406). I decided to walk to the pass side of the truck before I backed out to clean out the crap in the floorboard.

When I got over there I noticed a shelf full of gallon paint cans and crap had fallen on my truck - Crap was all over the floor - spilled paint - brushes - crap

I just cleared out a path and backed out - it was still dark - I looked for damage and didnt see much ... When I got a chance to look at the truck its pretty messed up. A couple dings in the fender and on the mirror. A lot of scrapes and scratches that mostly polished out. I should have taken some pictures but I didnt. Not sure what to do - Ins claim will be $500 deductible ... Im screwed... Might just trade it in ...

I spent the afternoon fixing the shelf ( that had been there for almost 10 years ) and cleaning up the mess. One thing is for sure - its not falling again ...

You would think the good Karma from volunteer work would have helped

:crying::mad::flaming::icon_rolleyes:

Mark #2
09-29-2007, 02:26 PM
Wow, that sucks

GoldLS1
09-29-2007, 02:39 PM
pics??

wesman
09-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Dang, that sucks Doug. Sorry to hear that :hammer:

--wes

L8 APEX
09-29-2007, 05:53 PM
At least it is a silver truck. I would 3M and polish all I could then find a PDR tech to pull out the rest. You can get behind most any panel on the truck pretty easy.

99WhiteBeast
09-29-2007, 06:08 PM
I've got the same situation. Jackstands, chairs, rakes, shovels and the like right next to my truck. Luckily nothing has happened so far.

Hang in there Doug and get it fixed.

Ohmsby
09-29-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm fairly handy with a buffer and have many 3M products let me know we can give it a whirl so to speak it seems that someone backed someone elses lightning into a trailer and we were able to make it go away

Ps that sucks and your right the karma gods hosed you

99WhiteBeast
09-29-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm fairly handy with a buffer and have many 3M products let me know we can give it a whirl so to speak it seems that someone backed someone elses lightning into a trailer and we were able to make it go away

I'll never live that down. :hammer: I guess that is what I get for participation in the trans oil incident :tex

Ohmsby
09-29-2007, 06:32 PM
I did not name names

Silver_2000
09-29-2007, 06:48 PM
90% of the scrapes polished out with a little Meguires cleaner/polish

There are a couple dings that remain - not real bad but upsetting

Im just lucky I didnt just jump in and try to back out - would have been much worse ...

Of course for some reason I decided to try to fix the shelf before cleaning up the big puddle of paint - Gave myself a latex pedicure - The strange thing is that Im able to just laugh about it -

Im thinking about cutting a coil off the Springs I got today and then have the bumper cover fixed and the fender ...

dboat
09-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Doug,

sorry to hear about this but it looks like its fixable without it being a huge burden.. thank goodness..

Dana