PDA

View Full Version : New shocks

svtroky
10-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Hy guys......well,
In the need of new shocks, what brand will be the best I have drop my truck about 1.5 in the front and 2 or 3 inches in the back?

Help please..........:icon_question: :gatling:

BC Lightning
10-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Hy guys......well,
In the need of new shocks, what brand will be the best I have drop my truck about 1.5 in the front and 2 or 3 inches in the back?

QA1 shocks all 4 corners :tu:

bluesvt
10-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Hy guys......well,

If you don't do a lot of racing I would'nt waste my money on qa1 shocks. Just my $.02

wesman
10-06-2007, 10:38 PM
If you don't do a lot of racing I would'nt waste my money on qa1 shocks. Just my $.02

They aren't just for racing. The ride difference is night and day compared to the stock Bilsteins

--wes

dboat
10-07-2007, 06:37 AM
They aren't just for racing. The ride difference is night and day compared to the stock Bilsteins

--wes

Elaborate on this point please.. I have always wanted to know what the difference really is..

Thanks
Dana

L8 APEX
10-07-2007, 11:00 AM
They are infinitely adjustable from Cadillac hoopty floating to Formula one read a news paper as you drive over it stiff. Bilsteins have a huge gas charge that is always pushing them up and the valving is fixed. The QA is a neutral pressure shock so it is not always pushing up on the suspension. For stock height trucks you can get by with the Rancho 9000's for about 380 a set but they will not fit lowered trucks at all... I buy QA's from Summit Racing and I think they are about 550 a set.

dboat
10-07-2007, 12:53 PM
They are infinitely adjustable from Cadillac hoopty floating to Formula one read a news paper as you drive over it stiff. Bilsteins have a huge gas charge that is always pushing them up and the valving is fixed. The QA is a neutral pressure shock so it is not always pushing up on the suspension. For stock height trucks you can get by with the Rancho 9000's for about 380 a set but they will not fit lowered trucks at all... I buy QA's from Summit Racing and I think they are about 550 a set.

maybe I will have to do an upgrade after I become employed again.

BC Lightning
10-07-2007, 01:29 PM

I don't do a lot of racing, but it is night and day difference going from "re-valved" bilsteins to QA1s the ride is way smoother

bluesvt
10-07-2007, 06:52 PM
I don't do a lot of racing, but it is night and day difference going from "re-valved" bilsteins to QA1s the ride is way smoother

I know but not everyone has the money for them so they are not a must.

BC Lightning
10-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I know but not everyone has the money for them so they are not a must.

The wise Terry Cole told me one time that "if you nickel and dime it, you end up spending more in the end" if you want the best wait and get the best

they might not be a must, but you get what you pay for