PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii

dboat
10-07-2007, 04:25 PM
the wife's birthday is next week.. she wants a Wii.. getting one is a whole nother matter..dang...

anyone have any insite in to getting one of these without the upcharge?

Dana

Sandman
10-07-2007, 05:17 PM
I bought mine a couple of months ago. I had to call the stores about twice a day because they would sell out a shipment in about 4 hours. I got mine at GameStop, and it sounded like all the stores around here got their shipment on the same day.

dboat
10-07-2007, 06:09 PM
thanks

I bought mine a couple of months ago. I had to call the stores about twice a day because they would sell out a shipment in about 4 hours. I got mine at GameStop, and it sounded like all the stores around here got their shipment on the same day.

SVTJoseCuervo
10-07-2007, 06:51 PM
the wife's birthday is next week.. she wants a Wii.. getting one is a whole nother matter..dang...

anyone have any insite in to getting one of these without the upcharge?

Dana

how much are u getting it for?

dboat
10-07-2007, 08:49 PM
how much are u getting it for?

I want to buy one.. but they are selling them as packages starting at around $350.. there is NO discounting going on since no one can keep them in stock.

Silver_2000
10-07-2007, 09:23 PM
I want to buy one.. but they are selling them as packages starting at around $350.. there is NO discounting going on since no one can keep them in stock.
none of the current gen consoles are discounted ...

dboat
10-07-2007, 09:25 PM
none of the current gen consoles are discounted ...

I know that you are an XboX guy, but got any tips on this one? also, is there an HD version and a non-HD version? I just started looking and there is so much out there, I cant make heads or tails of it just yet.

Dana

98Cobra
10-07-2007, 11:11 PM
We used www.itrackr.com to get ours. You only have to pay to get the text messages - using the website is free, and it checks all the major stores inventory.

SVTJoseCuervo
10-08-2007, 12:21 AM

I e-mail my friend to see if he could get any....he called me 3 weeks ago asking me if I knew anyone interested in them...I will let ya know if anything pops up

dboat
10-08-2007, 03:51 AM
I e-mail my friend to see if he could get any....he called me 3 weeks ago asking me if I knew anyone interested in them...I will let ya know if anything pops up

Jose, that would be great!

Thanks
Dana

Silver_2000
10-08-2007, 08:30 AM
I know that you are an XboX guy, but got any tips on this one? also, is there an HD version and a non-HD version? I just started looking and there is so much out there, I cant make heads or tails of it just yet.

Dana
Nintendo isnt about Resolution or image quality - its about game play and price - if you want HD and stunning visuals you need to get a 360 or PS3 - the PS3 still has very FEW games however.

I would just use the service linked above to search - dont forget that places like target and walmart and dept stores all sell them - Also try pawn shops

BC Lightning
10-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Nintendo isnt about Resolution or image quality - its about game play and price - if you want HD and stunning visuals you need to get a 360 or PS3 - the PS3 still has very FEW games however.

I would just use the service linked above to search - dont forget that places like target and walmart and dept stores all sell them - Also try pawn shops

I love my Nintendo Wii, I personally think the games are more fun than on my PS3 and X Box 360, I only play Tiger Woods 08 and Madden 08 on the PS3 and just played HALO 3 for the first time last night, Halo 3 is pretty bad ass though on a 106 inch screen and 1080p DLP projector

Dana, once you do get the Wii hook it up to your projector :tu:

Silver_2000
10-08-2007, 08:47 AM
I love my Nintendo Wii, I personally think the games are more fun than on my PS3 and X Box 360, I only play Tiger Woods 08 and Madden 08 on the PS3 and just played HALO 3 for the first time last night, Halo 3 is pretty bad ass though on a 106 inch screen and 1080p DLP projector

Does Tiger woods 08 Lock up in online play like 07 did ? the forums say its worse

BC Lightning
10-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Does Tiger woods 08 Lock up in online play like 07 did ? the forums say its worse

not sure I haven't hooked any of my systems up to play online

dboat
10-08-2007, 11:18 AM

I will, I do have the 106 inch screen but the projector is HD720p.. should be good enough though.

thanks goes out to you and Doug

danielvalles1
10-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah that nintendo thing took my mom like 3 months to get one for my brother its fun playing it.:tu:

Shiner1
10-09-2007, 12:26 PM
I started looking for mine last Thanksgiving and finally got it this summer. I just kept checking the stores but never could find one. Ended up getting one at Gamestop up in Northern Oklahoma while visiting Grandma. If memory serves I paid $260.00 and the clerk threw in a "game pack" It had another game disk and controller. Love the Wii.

SVTJoseCuervo
10-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Dana.....

Called my friend...
he has one for sale....175 with receipt(new)...pm if you are interested.