PDA

View Full Version : I need someone to install my motor!!

yadisisp2
10-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Who out there has the best price? My motor took a shit. I have a JLP shortblock on the way and need someone to install it.

Thanks, guys. :D

*If anyone else has a shortblock for sale, let me know*

03LightningRocks
10-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Who out there has the best price? My motor took a dookie. I have a JLP shortblock on the way and need someone to install it.

Thanks, guys. :D

*If anyone else has a shortblock for sale, let me know*

I would call Terry Cole...no doubt about it. L8Apex is his screen name. He will probably see this thread and post on it.

dboat
10-13-2007, 02:56 AM
I would call Terry Cole...no doubt about it. L8Apex is his screen name. He will probably see this thread and post on it.

+1, first class work, done right the first time, done the way you would want it done..

Dana

GoldLS1
10-13-2007, 07:22 AM
Since your in Bowie, hes only about an hour and a half out too...

L8 APEX
10-13-2007, 11:02 PM
I PM'd you. There are a lot of odds and ends you need when replacing a blown motor with a short block. Beware the low bids they will get you once it is all apart and you have no choice but to pay them more. I have seen a LOT of blown engines. I know they can take out the heads, valves, oil pan, dip stick dip tube. Some won't rotate to remove the converter bolts. I split the oil cooler adapter on my L and Wes broke his starter with a wiley rod his first time around. There is no one low quoted price to cover all of these variables. If you want cheap good luck with it. I do it right and for a fair price. Nobody wins when you try and do it on the cheap.

ZeusSVT
10-14-2007, 05:43 AM

+2, I took their advice after joining the club a short time ago and Terry really knows his stuff. Be confident that you are dealing with the right person for the job if you get it done by him. I can guarantee you that you have enough people here to give you the confidence that he is the man for the job. :tu:

By the way Terry, when you have some extra time, i'd like to set up to get the plugs changed and maybe that fuel filter that I haven't had time to get around to getting changed out since you did the tune and all on my truck.

Thanks,
Michael.

charlie
10-14-2007, 08:55 AM
Some one on DFW stangs told him to take it to HPP :rll:

Charlie

03LightningRocks
10-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Some one on DFW stangs told him to take it to HPP :rll:

Charlie

:rll::rll::rll::rll:...Maybe they could put one of their great tunes on it when they are done.... :rll::rll::rll:

L8 APEX
10-14-2007, 11:56 AM
I heard if you buy 4 you get the 5th on free!

yadisisp2
10-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Im glad I didn't go there! One of my friends had his motor put in over there... isn't tuned yet though. I guess we will see.

They quoted me at $1800 to install if I took the old motor out and took off the heads!

charlie
10-14-2007, 01:41 PM
:rll::rll::rll::rll:...Maybe they could put one of their great tunes on it when they are done.... :rll::rll::rll:

Hey , he bought it from a Talon member. It deserves a little more respect than that.

Charlie

03LightningRocks
10-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Im glad I didn't go there! One of my friends had his motor put in over there... isn't tuned yet though. I guess we will see.

They quoted me at $1800 to install if I took the old motor out and took off the heads!

Did your friend have a Mustang or a Lightning?

yadisisp2
10-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Did your friend have a Mustang or a Lightning?

He has a red lightning with a 2.6 KB.

charlie
10-14-2007, 06:19 PM
If HPP tunes it,,,, Ya mite be changing that has to,,,,,, Had.

And by the way..... Welcome to Talon!

Charlie

FRDRCING
10-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Im not sure what your local quick kar will charge. I was down there a few days ago getting my inspection done. They had a 02 harley truck in there, getting the motor pulled to replace a head. My opinion I would not go to a oil change station for a head to be replaced:nono:.

03LightningRocks
10-14-2007, 11:46 PM
He has a red lightning with a 2.6 KB.

Like Charlie says, he might be changing that to had a Lightning. The problem begins when a Mustang tuner starts believing he is a Lightning tuner. I personally believe the problems involve the differences in the weights and aerodynamics of the two vehicles, and the differences this creates at high speed driving versus the way they each behave when sitting on a dyno.

L8 APEX
10-15-2007, 12:02 AM
I ran into that when I had one of the best GM flash prom tuners tune my 95 Tahoe on his dyno. He had tuned everything GM but mainly LT1 and TPI cars and trucks. Well it tuned fine on the dyno but as soon as I left his shop and got up to about 60-70mph it started pinging its arse off. We both agreed it was the aerodynamic drag of the Tahoe on the hwy. So I retarded the distributor about 4 degrees and it was within the limits of the knock sensor.

FRDRCING
10-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Im not sure what your local quick kar will charge. I was down there a few days ago getting my inspection done. They had a 02 harley truck in there, getting the motor pulled to replace a head. My opinion I would not go to a oil change station for a head to be replaced:nono:.

Some update on the truck I saw at Kwik kar, the owner said Ford wanted 1300 for the head he needed replaced. Kwik kar told him to replace both and so he went and got a pair at a junk yard and is getting them worked over at a machine shop.

TXLIGHTNING
10-22-2007, 12:05 PM
If you want the job done right, Terry is your man :tu:.