PDA

View Full Version : Fender Bender

Razor
10-22-2007, 09:29 AM
Well..2 pyments left on the L and bam...hit from behind sitting at a red light this morning by a dazed chick looking in her purse for her cell phone....she never came to a complete stop until she hit me.... Damage isnt that bad..just in need of a new bumper and paint I think. Question: What am I looking at as far as where "Nationwide"(her insurace) will want to send it?? I would like it to go to a SVT Ford Dealer at least..or does any1 have any input on this matter for me??

Thanks in advance!

Chris

GoldLS1
10-22-2007, 09:49 AM
You get the choice of where you want to send YOUR vehicle... not them!! Go wherever you want. PICS of the damage??

Silver_2000
10-22-2007, 10:00 AM
I wouldnt care less about SVT dealer - I want a good body shop

Most ford dealers farm out their work now anyway

Ohmsby
10-22-2007, 10:21 AM
Doug is wise on this one

Find a good body shop and have them do the work I am in Denton if you need any info I know a couple good shops up this way

98Cobra
10-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Check carefully for damage - when mine was rearended the bed smacked the cab on the drivers side. Didnt even notice it at first.

dboat
10-22-2007, 11:59 AM
yep, make sure that frame is checked out..

Razor
10-22-2007, 01:43 PM
I live in Corinth. Tomorrow they are sending me over to Bankston Chevy for and estimate and then they cut me a check. So I will gladly follow where you guys on where/ what body shop to take her to. Please list the name/s of the body shops in Denton. Any ideas on what the bumper itself costs?

Thanks

TXLIGHTNING
10-22-2007, 01:57 PM
I live in Corinth. Tomorrow they are sending me over to Bankston Chevy for and estimate and then they cut me a check. So I will gladly follow where you guys on where/ what body shop to take her to. Please list the name/s of the body shops in Denton. Any ideas on what the bumper itself costs?

Thanks Sending you to a Chevy dealer :icon_eek:

L8 APEX
10-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Time to start carrying a stinger in your receiver hitch! Anyone rear ends me and they are getting the business end of my WD hitch!

03LightningRocks
10-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Check carefully for damage - when mine was rearended the bed smacked the cab on the drivers side. Didnt even notice it at first.

Same thing happened to our F150 parts truck when it got rear ended. We didn't catch it at first either. Had to fight with the insurance company about it, but they took care of it in the end.

hotrod66stang
10-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Ouch. Any pics?

04SVTRACING
10-22-2007, 06:40 PM
There is a really good body shop in the downtown Ft. Worth area. Its called Hillard Collision Center. Its an actual ford dealerships body shop. They do great work. The manager of the shop is a good family friend as well. The shop it located on 7th Street. Phone # (817) 336-9811.

wesman
10-22-2007, 06:43 PM
Take it to a good bodyshop, the dealer will just add in their markup

--wes

Wht95Lightning
10-22-2007, 08:17 PM
A good friend of mine is the Sales Manager at Goodson Acura. He tells me they have an excellent bodyshop.

GoldLS1
10-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Also I would get a few different quotes... see what the AVG is. Especially if you plan on getting it fixed somewhere else other than Bankston. Just because they offer you a check doesnt mean you have to accept!! Its always negotiable!! Also I believe you have a few days to decide yes or no, if you think its too low tell them you are going for another estimate... you don't have to tell them if it was higher or lower either. Id try to get the other opinions before though so you know what your price is and can get it taken care of right then. JMO from prior run ins w/ insurance companies.

Id check the cab too, I know when I got hit and slid into a L, the bed went into the cab it was $$$$$ fixing that...

Good luck with it.

Razor
10-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Well, they quoted $446 for a REFURBED Bumper with paint and labor. So now I will hit a few body shops that dont deal with REFURBED parts and go from there. Also he said there is NO way that they would buff the truck out to match the new paint.:icon_evil:

03LightningRocks
10-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Well, they quoted $446 for a REFURBED Bumper with paint and labor. So now I will hit a few body shops that dont deal with REFURBED parts and go from there. Also he said there is NO way that they would buff the truck out to match the new paint.:icon_evil:

Hmm. I would be trying to make them match it up.:cool:

02HemiWho?
10-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Some idiot hit me when he didnt yield last year, took it to service king off 360 and 20, they didnt great work...