PDA

View Full Version : Town East Ford in Mesquite

StormShadow
12-18-2002, 06:05 PM
I went to Town East Ford today to inquire about trading my z-71 for a lightning. I want a certain amount for my trade in and I also want to use my x plan pin number. I have read on here that several of you have used the xplan on a new 03 so I asked about it. The manager said that they would honor an x plan on a 2k2 but not a 2k3. They said that the 2k2 price would be sticker and that the 2k3 was going to be about 4k over. Does this sound right or is Town East Ford one of the dealerships to stay away from?? I think I'm going to email Prestige Ford and see what they have to say.

wesman
12-18-2002, 06:11 PM
Do they mean the price for the 2k2 was sticker before X-plan ?
I'm not sure why anyone would pay over sticker for any car. All it takes is some looking around to find MSRP or below.

I would shop around for X-plan on a MSRP '02. I think it will take a while before many dealers start selling the '03s on X-plan.

--wes

StormShadow
12-18-2002, 06:14 PM
WES

Yes it would be sticker and then take the x-plan from that. He also said he might be able to knock about 1k or so off the price of the 2k2. I told him I owed 17k on my truck and he said it was worth about 14-15 which is what I really owe. Just wanting to know what to expect. I have read others have gotten x plan on an 03 but they may have just been running at the mouth.

Crawford
12-18-2002, 06:20 PM
Just grab the yellow pages and call all the Ford dealerships and see which ones are willing to X plan an 03 and which are not. Then take your trade to those dealerships and see what you can do! Good luck!

StormShadow
12-18-2002, 06:23 PM
just seeing if my posts go up, seems i'm stuck at 37

wesman
12-18-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by dod racing
just seeing if my posts go up, seems i'm stuck at 37

lol...they all go up with each post, once you post again it'll say 39 on all of them :)

--wes

StormShadow
12-18-2002, 06:32 PM
kool man..... I cant wait untill I get my lightning so I can hang out with you guys at the track.....No way I'm bringing my Z-71 to the track or the meetings...

andy_cain
12-18-2002, 06:34 PM
What R U talkin' about...you have been hangin' out with us at the track...:burnout:

jmlay
12-18-2002, 07:00 PM
They just want to sell what they have on the lot first. Also they will be paying taxes on the 2002 very soon.

MIke

Silver_2000
12-18-2002, 07:08 PM
The plans are a % over dealer cost NOT under the amount the dealer trys to rape out of the public...

THey could charge30k over MSRP - X plan is still X plan ...

Doug

StormShadow
12-18-2002, 08:37 PM
makes sence to me.....so what do y'all think about the dark shadow grey? I saw it on the Mach I on the showroom floor and its nice....I think that if I end up with a 2k2 its gonna be silver.....:tu:

Lil Nicky88
12-18-2002, 08:44 PM
ooooOOOOoooo I want a dark shadow grey one.... :tu:

Ripster
12-18-2002, 10:06 PM
I used my Z plan number to buy my L at Bob Tomes Ford in Mckinney. They were the only dealer in town that would even talk less than sticker. I worked for the parent company for Prestige Ford at the time and good ol' Jerry Renolds was going to put it in me for sticker. When I bought my truck I saw that X-plan for the L is $29,500. Don't let the man get you down.

03LightningRocks
12-18-2002, 10:34 PM
makes sence to me.....so what do y'all think about the dark shadow grey? I saw it on the Mach I on the showroom floor and its nice....I think that if I end up with a 2k2 its gonna be silver.....:tu:

dod racing.....email me if your still looking. I can hook ya up with a guy who will sell you one at X plan price.

X plan price on the 03 is $29,662.70 + tax title licsense.

plano.air@verizon.net

Rocks:tu:

StormShadow
12-19-2002, 06:10 PM
03lightnngrocks....
still havent heard from your friend but Steve Smith from Prestige Fordhe said that since I am x plan eligible that i could probably get an 03 for msrp 33,325 and that nobody x plans svt....he said he should get his first red 03 any day now and a DSG end of Jan....just food for thought......oh yea and if anyone wants to buy a 99 silverado LT extended cab z-71 lemme know.....peace

03LightningRocks
12-19-2002, 06:17 PM
03lightnngrocks....
still havent heard from your friend but Steve Smith from Prestige Fordhe said that since I am x plan eligible that i could probably get an 03 for msrp 33,325 and that nobody x plans svt....he said he should get his first red 03 any day now and a DSG end of Jan....just food for thought......oh yea and if anyone wants to buy a 99 silverado LT extended cab z-71 lemme know.....peace

dod racing,

Give the fellow some time. He works afternoons and evenings. He probably just hasn't seen the email I sent him yet.

Nobody sells SVT on X-plan????? LOL. Well, somebody sold me mine on X-plan.

He'll email ya, don't worry

Rocks

Red2002
12-19-2002, 06:18 PM
Steve Smith from Prestige Fordhe said that since I am x plan eligible that i could probably get an 03 for msrp 33,325 and that nobody x plans svt....

Whatever. I bought my Lightning on A-plan. Shop around, someone will deal.

If you want to deal with Prestige, send me a PM. If you want to use Westway, again send me a PM. I know someone from almost every local dealer, so we'll get you in a Lightning somehow.

StormShadow
12-19-2002, 06:25 PM
I have my fingers crossed....sorry to be impatient but you know how it is...

03LightningRocks
12-19-2002, 06:45 PM
I have my fingers crossed....sorry to be impatient but you know how it is...

I know exactly how you feel. I have been looking forward to getting mine since the first week of October.

Some folks may disagree with me on the theory I am about to express, but you may want to lay low for a couple days on the shopping around until you here from this guy.
If you hit the dealer I am talking about it may make it hard for this guy to give you X-plan. Once a salesman at one of these places tags you, it makes it real tough for a different salesman to take you away from him without creating political problems at that dealership. Especially once someone has told you no X-plan.

Rocks:beer:

03LightningRocks
12-19-2002, 06:59 PM
dod racing,

You should have mail.:beer:

MY LIGHTNING IS HERE.....WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!:nana2 :nana2

Rocks:nana2 :nana2

StormShadow
12-19-2002, 10:53 PM
thanks man I just got the email and no I havent been to this particular dealership yet. I appreciate all your help

StormShadow
12-19-2002, 10:58 PM
Hey Rocks we wanna see pics of your new ride.....I'm most interested to see if the pedals are like the bullitt pedals or just like last years L

Crawford
12-20-2002, 02:24 AM
Thay all say "no one will Xplan an SVT"... Just keep looking.

Lyfisin
12-20-2002, 07:56 AM
Crawford is right. Some dealers will probably deal and some won't. When I bought mine under the Z plan some dealers wouldn't even talk to me. Some would. When I finally found the truck I wanted the dealer said they wouldn't sell it to me under the Z plan, but once I indicated other dealers would, :hammer: they came around. :banana:

I think part of it is the time of year. I didn't get my 02 until August and at that time the dealerships were about 50/50 on selling them that way. One dealer even said he would sell a Lightning on the Z plan, but not a Mustang.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. They sure are fun.

Lyfisin

03LightningRocks
12-20-2002, 09:53 AM
Crawford and Lyfish....He's got it if he wants it...LOL. Before I found the guy that sold me at X-plan, I had been told the sames crap by Bankston. You can't fault them for trying though.

Rocks:beer:

03LightningRocks
12-20-2002, 10:00 AM
Hey Rocks we wanna see pics of your new ride.....I'm most interested to see if the pedals are like the bullitt pedals or just like last years L

I am not sure where that pedal rumor started, but I believe it was just a rumor. I've seen several pics of 03 L and no pedal upgrade on any of them:( .

That's OK though. If ya want the pedals, just go with some nice after markets.

Rocks

StormShadow
12-20-2002, 10:51 PM
Yes I'm gonna get it.... and yes I gues pedals are the least of anyones concern huh....btw I was passed nasty by a white L going south on 67 tonight....was it anyone from here?