PDA

View Full Version : POS Ford's

Mika
10-25-2007, 05:27 AM
Yup, leave it to Ford to have people die in their vehicles before opening up recalls.

www.fordfires.com (http://www.fordfires.com)

Ford:Quality is Job #1...as long as it doesn't cost the company too much money.

:evil

99bolt
10-25-2007, 07:40 AM
Every inustry does that. Policy change comes after an accident or incident. Most of the time it takes a loss of life to make it happen. I see it all the time in my field of work. It all comes down to the bottom line and that is money.

03LightningRocks
10-27-2007, 12:41 AM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/oldnews.jpg

Mika
10-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Slag Toyota all you want. At least people aren't dying in their cars due to manufacturer's negligence. Oh wow, a tailgate bends(which is crappy build, no doubt). At least there wasn't a charred body in the 'Yota.

03LightningRocks
10-28-2007, 01:12 AM
Slag Toyota all you want. At least people aren't dying in their cars due to manufacturer's negligence. Oh wow, a tailgate bends(which is crappy build, no doubt). At least there wasn't a charred body in the 'Yota.

What the heck is your problem there bud? You work for Toyota or something? This is a Ford Lightning Forum! What the hell do you expect in here...a bunch of rice? Maybe you got lost and are hanging out in the wrong neighborhood.

By the way, Ford didn't wait until people died before doing a recall.

L8 APEX
10-28-2007, 02:04 AM
From what I have seen they only burn when parked and empty for a long time. I'd rather have a truck burn to the ground than my tailgate the bend in half. Fire is cool!

tiffo60
10-28-2007, 08:32 AM
From what I have seen they only burn when parked and empty for a long time. I'd rather have a truck burn to the ground than my tailgate the bend in half. Fire is cool!

+1 and less we forget i believe toyota was the one that couldnt keep a camshaft from spliting in half while going down the road:rll:

Mika
10-28-2007, 09:42 AM
What the heck is your problem there bud? You work for Toyota or something? This is a Ford Lightning Forum! What the hell do you expect in here...a bunch of rice? Maybe you got lost and are hanging out in the wrong neighborhood.

By the way, Ford didn't wait until people died before doing a recall.

My problem here, BUD, is the ricer mentality that some people have. Oh yeah, domestics are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Imports are garbage. blah blah blah.

People die in Ford's, no big deal. Tailgates get crushed(and again, I will admit that its' a shitty design), but at least people didn't die. Ford's gotta have people go into a cemetary before they issue recalls.

And one person died on May, 2005, while Ford issued the recall Sept. of 2005. So keep drinking your kool-aid.:evil

And as far as the camshafts go, all 30 of them? How many people died then? Probably less than in an F-series fire.

Mika

03LightningRocks
10-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Mika,

That makes two insulting posts by you towards the vehicle that this forum represents. How about you find somewhere else to hang out .....your looking like a troll at this point:tu:.

BC Lightning
10-28-2007, 10:26 AM
And one person died on May, 2005, while Ford issued the recall Sept. of 2005.

here is a thread where we talked about the recall in January of 2005, Thats when I took my truck in for the recall :rolleyes:

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7640&highlight=cruise+control+recall

Mika
10-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Mika,

That makes two insulting posts by you towards the vehicle that this forum represents. How about you find somewhere else to hang out .....your looking like a troll at this point:tu:.

Considering I've been on here for over two years, hardly a troll. Sorry, nice try. But hey, you guys keep up with the ricer mentality. Ignore the deceased, but oh my goodness on crappy tailgates. Heck, I'll even get biblcal on you. Ever heard the term strain at the gnat, and swallow the camel? You're doing a good job of it.

But hey, keep ignoring the real issues(dead people), and focus on the smaller issues(tailgates). Which leads me to ask you folks, how come you guys are SO focused on the Tundra? If it doesn't hold a candle to Ford, why are you guys so worried about Toyota and the product?

Mika

03LightningRocks
10-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Holy cripes! Mika inspired me to do a quick check on Toyoto, since it is such a wonderful car and all.

Check this link out. We have engine problems, safety issues with brakes, air bags not working...lord knows what else. Seems Toyoto has serious problems all up and down their line of vehicles.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/toyota_engine.html

Mika
10-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Holy cripes! Mika inspired me to do a quick check on Toyoto, since it is such a wonderful car and all.

Check this link out. We have engine problems, safety issues with brakes, air bags not working...lord knows what else. Seems Toyoto has serious problems all up and down their line of vehicles.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/toyota_engine.html

Glad I'm an inspiration to you. Too bad there haven't been any reported death's due to brakes, air bags, engine problems. But hey, a fire is ok, but only if it's a FORD! :evil

Keep on bobbin' and weavin', Rocks. I got all day.

Mika

SILVER2000SVT
10-28-2007, 10:50 AM
You guys are totally out of line on both threads. Ya'll have the worst attitudes I've seen on here in a while.

Both manufacturers have their problems. Let's look at the facts: Most Tailgates are rated at around 200-300 lbs for all manufacturers. The toyota tailgates are bending when people load 1000lbs+ golfcarts and 4-wheelers. You should see the bent up tailgate on the 06 F150 company truck at my work. It looks like someone made it out of aluminium foil and then crinkled it up.

Toyota had a handfull of camshaft failures but corrected the problem within a month and gave the customers 100K full warranties for free in addition to some cash back for dealing with the inconvience. It took Ford 5 years (97-03) to fix the bad design for sparkplugs threads.

Obviously the guys in this forum are going to be biased, but when you look at this from a truely objective view the design issues the new Tundra have are relatively minor and certainly doesn't make it "the worst truck ever".

Mika
10-28-2007, 10:53 AM
You guys are totally out of line on both threads. Ya'll have the worst attitudes I've seen on here in a while.

Both manufacturers have their problems. Let's look at the facts: Most Tailgates are rated at around 200-300 lbs for all manufacturers. The toyota tailgates are bending when people load 1000lbs+ golfcarts and 4-wheelers. You should see the bent up tailgate on the 06 F150 company truck at my work. It looks like someone made it out of aluminium foil and then crinkled it up.

Toyota had a handfull of camshaft failures but corrected the problem within a month and gave the customers 100K full warranties for free in addition to some cash back for dealing with the inconvience. It took Ford 5 years (97-03) to fix the bad design for sparkplugs threads.

Obviously the guys in this forum are going to be biased, but when you look at this from a truely objective view the design issues the new Tundra have are relatively minor and certainly doesn't make it "the worst truck ever".

I agree with you about the attitudes. But hey, these guys can dish it, these guys can take it just as well. I'm fightin' the ricer mentality of blind loyalty. Each manufacturer has its problems and its strengths. SOME people like to focus on other manufacturer's weaknesses though. I'm just poopin' in my hand and slingin' it back at the jokers on here.

Mika

Mika
10-28-2007, 10:54 AM
. But hey, a fire is ok, but only if it's a FORD! :evil

Waitin' for a response, Rocks. I'll help you out here.

Mika
10-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Ford, the only vehicle that's left me stranded. Hell, even the lowly Subaru's didn't do that to me. But a high dollar SVT product? YOU BET!

Mika

BC Lightning
10-28-2007, 11:00 AM
.....But a high dollar SVT product? YOU BET!

High dollar?? mine was around $27,000 brand new :confused:

Mika
10-28-2007, 11:03 AM
High dollar?? mine was around $27,000 brand new :confused:

Not everyone can afford Corvette's and Vipers. $27k is a decent chunk of change for some.

Mika(what can I say, I'm poor)

Mika
10-28-2007, 11:04 AM
People burnin' up in trucks, but hey, the company makes a few dollars. THAT'S what's important.

Mika(looks to Rocks)

L8 APEX
10-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Nobody has burned up in their trucks you broken record! The fires only occur when parked and shut off for periods of time. If that takes your life you probably are better off dead:icon_eek:. Finding fault in the American Auto industry is like picking on retarted kids. Everyone knows they are lacking, what's the big deal you like picking on tards for grins? It also seems to be due to a vendor manufactured part. That would be like blaming the Explorer rollevers on Ford instead of Firestone's faulty tires.

mxracerzero
10-28-2007, 02:16 PM
This is a subject were everyone loses. I am gonna let a few people in on a little secret, all cars break, and alot of cars have problems directly from the factory. I own 2 fords and have never had a major Issue(knock on wood). but some people arent that lucky. I also have had freinds with toyotas that break every other month, And I have been stranded thanks to a subraru braking down, and a chevy, and a ford, and probably a few others. go ahead and state problems of other vehicals, but why argue about it for so long?

03LightningRocks
10-28-2007, 02:28 PM
People burnin' up in trucks, but hey, the company makes a few dollars. THAT'S what's important.

Mika(looks to Rocks)

I wonder how that compares to killing your employees with corporate greed?

http://www.allbusiness.com/specialty-businesses/592099-1.html

mikelemoine
10-28-2007, 05:27 PM
I wonder how that compares to killing your employees with corporate greed?

http://www.allbusiness.com/specialty-businesses/592099-1.html

That's not uncommon in Japan, where the culture is "the later you work, the more important you are". It is considered taboo to come home earlier than your neighbor as it would mean you are not critical or loyal to your corporation.

Unfortunately, the US is catching up. While Europeans are fighting for more holidays and shorter work hours (they already work a lot less than the US/Japan), US companies are pressuring us more to compete with low cost nations.

Toyota is competitive because they run efficiently and pull more out of workers. The US and European companies can't pull more because of the unions, so they cut costs other ways, such as reducing hardware and welds (IE: snap on door and dash panels, less screws). This can be done right if they don't do it after the engineers design it!

Regardless of the opinions being stated above, all vehicles can break down but most do not if you reasonably maintain them and do not abuse them too much. GM, Dodge and Ford all make a decent truck IMO. Some of their cars are mediocre but the trucks do well.

My buddy had a nice 94 4X4 3.0V6 Toyota loaded out and it was reliable. He used it for construction work, towing cars and went off roading in it. They did a head gasket recall but otherwise never had any issues in the 160K he kept it for. They gave him a good trade in value for his 03 Dodge Cummins. The only downside was it was dog azzed slow even with a 5 spd. Just kind of a boring truck. I suspect it lasted so well because the engine was too weak to break anything, since the rest of the drive train was basically equal to a half ton Chevy in strength but only being pushed by 160 hp at some super high RPM. Now that 300-400 HP is common, trucks have alot more power to break things when we do smokey burnouts and race Hemis with a 4 wheeler in the bed! :hammer:

G'Lightning
10-28-2007, 06:46 PM
I think im going to sell all my vehicles and ride my bike:eek2:

bluesvt
10-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Ford, the only vehicle that's left me stranded. Hell, even the lowly Subaru's didn't do that to me. But a high dollar SVT product? YOU BET!

Mika

Woah I had a 93 gmc and that damn thing had me on the side of the road more times than Terry has insulted someone. :icon_mrgreen: It cost me $10K keeping it going before I came to my sences. Sad but true it usually does take a death or something bad to happen before someone takes action.

Mika
10-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Woah I had a 93 gmc and that damn thing had me on the side of the road more times than Terry has insulted someone. :icon_mrgreen: It cost me $10K keeping it going before I came to my sences. Sad but true it usually does take a death or something bad to happen before someone takes action.

What's sad is that a 12 year old Toyota pickup gave me zero troubles, yet Ford couldn't put a decent set of heater hoses on to keep me going on the road. Oh, and that was with a 2 year old truck.

Sorry to hear about your 93 GMC. I will say this though, a well maintained 3.8 GM anything is hard to beat when it comes to reliability. One of the few things GM's done right.

Mika

Mika
10-28-2007, 06:56 PM
It also seems to be due to a vendor manufactured part. That would be like blaming the Explorer rollevers on Ford instead of Firestone's faulty tires.

Also, kind of like picking on the camshaft issue with Toyota? All 30 of them? Damn, you boys gotta love the kool-aid.

Mika

L8 APEX
10-28-2007, 09:07 PM
I just wish they made a decent tailgate, my post has nothing to say about their camshaft probs. I am trying to replace my POS Ford and can't find a decent truck to do so. What you got against kool aid you a racist or something? Mika needs a hug:icon_wink:

03LightningRocks
10-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Snip....... Mika needs a hug:icon_wink:

I was thinking more along the lines of a swift kick in the ass:D.

Mika
10-29-2007, 05:24 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of a swift kick in the ass:D.

You won't bring your van over into this part of town, who are ya kiddin'? Guess its too far for ya.

Mika

Mika
10-29-2007, 05:27 AM
I just wish they made a decent tailgate, my post has nothing to say about their camshaft probs. I am trying to replace my POS Ford and can't find a decent truck to do so. What you got against kool aid you a racist or something? Mika needs a hug:icon_wink:

Again, straining at the gnat while swalloiwng the camel. How much would it cost to reinforce that tailgate? My guess would be at/around $200. And that's if Toyota doesn't reinforce it(which in past situations, they have). It' still cost less than trying to plug a porous dam. I thought you had the 6.4 diesel F250?

Mika

03LightningRocks
10-29-2007, 08:42 AM
Again, straining at the gnat while swalloiwng the camel. How much would it cost to reinforce that tailgate? My guess would be at/around $200. And that's if Toyota doesn't reinforce it(which in past situations, they have). It' still cost less than trying to plug a porous dam. I thought you had the 6.4 diesel F250?

Mika

Mika,

Your not using the Gnat/Camel bit in the right context. It's making you look dumber than you really are..:cool:. Maybe read the thread you got that from again. Then you will get it. Just trying to help ya out :beer:.

03LightningRocks
10-29-2007, 08:55 AM
You won't bring your van over into this part of town, who are ya kiddin'? Guess its too far for ya.

Mika

LOL...my van? I don't drive a van. That's cute, Mika thinks I work for a living.

I was up in that ghetto just the other day. I was rescuing my Daughters boyfriend. His Mitsubishi Gallant was broke down out there. I just threw a pint sized bottle of soy sauce in the back of the truck and headed out there to save him. He should have bought a Honda, now that is the car to have if your going overseas with your money. I have known people to drive the sh!t out of those darned cars and put 300,000 miles on them.

98Cobra
10-29-2007, 09:49 AM
I think the funny thing here is "my 92 Toyota this" or "my 94 Toyota that" is a dumb thing to do. Would you compare the build quality of a 92 Ford Mustang to a 2007 Mustang? Obviously it is much better now. The cars only share a name. The point of the Tundra thread is that it is becoming very obvious that Toyota is having serious problems maintaining the quality reputation they earned because they are getting so big.

Also, I would like to point out that in Ford's defense, the vehicle fires are an extremely small percentage of the hundreds of thousands of vehicles affected. This small amount of sampling data makes it very difficult to narrow it down to the exact cause and issue an appropriate recall. Just ask Toyota - if it were that easy, they would be proactively replacing engines, instead of waiting for you to be stranded - but they can't, because even though the number is small there is no way to know exactly how small, or which trucks are affected.

How's that for a 100% Kool Aid free post?

Mika
10-29-2007, 05:22 PM
Mika,

Your not using the Gnat/Camel bit in the right context. It's making you look dumber than you really are..:cool:. Maybe read the thread you got that from again. Then you will get it. Just trying to help ya out :beer:.

Thread? You really are an idiot.

Straining at the gnat, as they say means eyeballing the smallest, minutest details. Back in the days of the Pharisees, they'd blast you (example) if you took too many steps on the Sabbath. But yet, they'd allow their buddies to go to prostitutes. It's called hypocrisy. You're doing it. But hey, that's ok. I expect you to work up the small details, and ignore the bigger problematic ones.

As far as living in these parts, it's a lot cheaper than where I'm from. And there's a lot less uppity people living beyond their means around here.

Mika

Mika
10-29-2007, 05:34 PM
LOL...my van? I don't drive a van. That's cute, Mika thinks I work for a living.

I was up in that ghetto just the other day. I was rescuing my Daughters boyfriend. His Mitsubishi Gallant was broke down out there. I just threw a pint sized bottle of soy sauce in the back of the truck and headed out there to save him. He should have bought a Honda, now that is the car to have if your going overseas with your money. I have known people to drive the sh!t out of those darned cars and put 300,000 miles on them.

I wouldn't touch Mitsu either. Motors don't even get to 100k and they start puffing out smoke.

Your daughter can't be too intelligent either. Dating a guy who drives a Mitsu...

Mika

P.S. You can dish out personal, so can I:throw:.

TXLIGHTNING
10-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Your daughter can't be too intelligent either. Dating a guy who drives a Mitsu... Now thats gone to far Mika :nono:.

Mika
10-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Now thats gone to far Mika :nono:.

Hey man, he likes getting personal. I am just returning the favor. Not cool to do, but hey, he can dish it, he can take it.

Mika

TXLIGHTNING
10-29-2007, 05:49 PM
Hey man, he likes getting personal. I am just returning the favor. Not cool to do, but hey, he can dish it, he can take it.

Mika Its one thing to talk trash on him, but the daughter should stay out of the picture.

Mika
10-29-2007, 05:53 PM
There's a lot of stuff that should have stayed out of the picture, but didn't. He likes to be an ass, I can return the favor. I just do it in a way that he'll remember.

Mika

Mika
10-29-2007, 06:07 PM
I think the funny thing here is "my 92 Toyota this" or "my 94 Toyota that" is a dumb thing to do. Would you compare the build quality of a 92 Ford Mustang to a 2007 Mustang? Obviously it is much better now. The cars only share a name. The point of the Tundra thread is that it is becoming very obvious that Toyota is having serious problems maintaining the quality reputation they earned because they are getting so big.

Also, I would like to point out that in Ford's defense, the vehicle fires are an extremely small percentage of the hundreds of thousands of vehicles affected. This small amount of sampling data makes it very difficult to narrow it down to the exact cause and issue an appropriate recall. Just ask Toyota - if it were that easy, they would be proactively replacing engines, instead of waiting for you to be stranded - but they can't, because even though the number is small there is no way to know exactly how small, or which trucks are affected.

How's that for a 100% Kool Aid free post?

Agreed on the Toyota part. They're going to have to work even harder than ever to maintain their quality(and they have slipped), and it's gonna take some time.

As far as the Ford's defense goes, same can be said about the camshaft failure. 30 or so camshaft failures, and just about every Ford, Chevy, and Dodge board are overjoyed due to Toyota breaking down. 30 of 'em. Heck, there's probably more Ford truck fires than that, but who gets the negative publicity? Toyota.

Mika

98Cobra
10-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Bwah. I agreed with you regarding the camshaft failures - if only to highlight the difficulty of doing a recall on such a small number of reported problems. Then you turn right around and ignore that saying "there's probably more Ford truck fires than that". Based on what? YOUR biases?

If it isnt obvious to you why Toyota is getting the bad press, let me spell it out for you:

Toyota has been building solid, reliable stuff for a LONG time. So now that things have changed very recently, this is noteworthy.

I'm not saying Ford builds bad stuff at all - but they are still paying for decades of laziness in the past. But a side effect of that is that a similar issue on a Ford will *not* get that kind of press.

Also, you should "be the bigger man" and stop with the personal attacks. Its sad when people take what could be a reasoned debate and get it closed for stupid, whiny shit.

03LightningRocks
10-29-2007, 06:36 PM
There's a lot of stuff that should have stayed out of the picture, but didn't. He likes to be an ass, I can return the favor. I just do it in a way that he'll remember.

Mika

Let's get something straight here Mika...you little fock. You started with the insults way back. I gave you a couple chances to back the fock off. You wanted to persist. Now you want to act as if you are some innocent bystander. Like hell you will.

StormShadow
10-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Bitch

03LightningRocks
10-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Its one thing to talk trash on him, but the daughter should stay out of the picture.

I expect that from a coward. :tu:

L8 APEX
10-29-2007, 06:43 PM
When they announced the Tundra would be built in San Antonio I was worried. I subscribe to Consumer Reports and they have raised concerns about Toyota reliability. Since their volume has grown their recalls and issues have more than tripled. CR does not recommend the new Tundra at this point.

03LightningRocks
10-29-2007, 06:43 PM

Mika

Oh, you can count on me remembering...tough guy:tu:.

Mika
10-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Let's get something straight here Mika...you little fock. You started with the insults way back. I gave you a couple chances to back the fock off. You wanted to persist. Now you want to act as if you are some innocent bystander. Like hell you will.

Said it before and I'll say it again. You can dish it, you can take it.

As far as being an innocent bystander, who said that? You, not me. I never said I was innocent.

Mika

Mika
10-29-2007, 06:45 PM
I expect that from a coward. :tu:

Says the e-thug from Plano.

03LightningRocks
10-29-2007, 06:55 PM
Said it before and I'll say it again. You can dish it, you can take it.

As far as being an innocent bystander, who said that? You, not me. I never said I was innocent.

Mika

I can dish it out and take it, but you want to start hurling insults at my family? That makes you a coward in my book.

Mika
10-29-2007, 07:30 PM
I can dish it out and take it, but you want to start hurling insults at my family? That makes you a coward in my book.

You brought your daughter into this thread. Be an *******, get an ******* response.

Oh, and being a coward in your book means jack squat to me. Sorry, the world doesn't evolve around you.

Mika