PDA

View Full Version : Any one know how to turn off the air bag light

charlie
10-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Yes I wrecked my "L" this morning. But the air bags did not go off. But the frellin air bag light will not go off?

Charlie

L8 APEX
10-26-2007, 10:02 AM
See if SCT will read or clear the code. It may be due to an impact sensor coming loose or failing? As for body panels there is Ford parts online or New World Parts off Harry Hines for the Chinese copies.

99WhiteBeast
10-26-2007, 10:04 AM
What happened? Minor or major? Are you and the kiddo OK?

charlie
10-26-2007, 10:06 AM
I used a hand scanner to reset everything , and pulled the battery cable. But no luck.

I have the bumper and cover, grill ,all the miss. parts on the way... $869.00 total. And I got my house tax bill today too... Damn I'm a broke SOB today.

Charlie

Chris94L
10-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Not sure, but usually on the older vehicles it will flash a code using the light if it comes on, does yours do it?

On another note, hope you are ok and nothing major happened.

charlie
10-26-2007, 10:08 AM
What happened? Minor or major? Are you and the kiddo OK?

Nothing hurt but my "L" and my pride :crying:...... And a new BMW!:rolleyes:
I was less than 50 yards from my job.

Charlie

danielvalles1
10-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Nothing hurt but my "L" and my pride :crying:...... And a new BMW!:rolleyes:
I was less than 50 yards from my job.

Charlie
Good to hear your not hert man, hope you get your truck fixed:tu:

L8 APEX
10-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Maybe you cut a impact sensor wire in the impact?

03LightningRocks
10-28-2007, 11:24 AM
Yes I wrecked my "L" this morning. But the air bags did not go off. But the frellin air bag light will not go off?

Charlie

My airbag light is on too...LOL. I just noticed it yesterday and I really don't know if it's been on for awhile or not. It has me wondering if there is a connection between all the mods I have done and the light coming on.

mikelemoine
10-28-2007, 11:32 PM
Just be careful if you decide to troubleshoot it yourself, unless you are experienced with airbags. A test light or VOM can detonate the airbag if you hit the right pins and a ground. Not a good thing if you have your head in front of it when you are poking around the dash....

Glad you're ok!

charlie
10-29-2007, 06:40 PM
It's all good. I removed the SRS module. I have another one one the way.

Trust me, I did a lot of goggle-ing, and reading before I started tinkering.

I've been on goggle so much here lately with this and trying to learn how to tune my own stuff. I click on goggle now and it cop's an attitude, asking me "What the He!! do you want now"!

Thanks for the heads up though.

Charlie

charlie
11-11-2007, 01:05 PM
It was the SRS modual!

Charlie