PDA

View Full Version : Blew my head gasket

SIL02SVT
10-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Blew my head gasket and took it to Ford they said they were tearing down my engine to have an inspector look at it. Should they rebuild or Replace my engine due to this will I have any long term damage due to coolant ontop the pistons or in cylinders? :crying:

tiffo60
10-29-2007, 10:58 AM
Blew my head gasket and took it to Ford they said they were tearing down my engine to have an inspector look at it. Should they rebuild or Replace my engine due to this will I have any long term damage due to coolant ontop the pistons or in cylinders? :crying:

when my headgaskets blew it allowed coolant to leak over and crack the block, it took 2 different inspectors to allow it to be covered under warranty:icon_mrgreen:

SIL02SVT
10-29-2007, 11:01 AM
when my headgaskets blew it allowed coolant to leak over and crack the block, it took 2 different inspectors to allow it to be covered under warranty:icon_mrgreen:
What did they do Rebuild or Replace your engine? Also what are the inspectors there for to inspect the head to make sure its ok or inspect it to see if it will be covered by warranty?

Lol reread I guess they can't rebuild a cracked block can they.

diablolightning
10-29-2007, 11:04 AM
the inspector goes to see if it was modded, and too see if it could of been your fault in which they would not fix it for you.

tiffo60
10-29-2007, 11:06 AM
What did they do Rebuild or Replace your engine? Also what are the inspectors there for to inspect the head to make sure its ok or inspect it to see if it will be covered by warranty?

Lol reread I guess they can't rebuild a cracked block can they.

if the blocks cracked they will put a longblock(heads and block) in it, first inspector is up too $5k, anything over that they send out regional inspector that approves warranty work over 5k, which mine was 5800 i think

SIL02SVT
10-29-2007, 11:18 AM
if the blocks cracked they will put a longblock(heads and block) in it, first inspector is up too $5k, anything over that they send out regional inspector that approves warranty work over 5k, which mine was 5800 i think
So if there were no mods at all on the truck and its the same way I bought it from them 2 years ago I shouldn't have any problem from the inspectors?

tiffo60
10-29-2007, 12:03 PM
So if there were no mods at all on the truck and its the same way I bought it from them 2 years ago I shouldn't have any problem from the inspectors?

shouldnt have any worries:tu:

SIL02SVT
10-31-2007, 07:16 PM
Follow up. I picked up my truck today and they said the head gasket blew to the outside and sprayed coolant on the outside of the engine the inside of the engine was fine. The truck is under a full warranty and they charged me 150bucks for a coolant flush not sure Y the engine gasket failed and thats the reason the coolant was messed up but what ever I paid and left. When i get in and take off there is new whine coming from under the engine... Figured it would go away but It didn't rode home with my windows down and the whine is there everytime I accelerate sounds like the S/C but alot softer and does it even though i'm not building boost or the S/C isn't kicked on. What could this be I called them back and he told me to come and take the service manager for a ride tomorrow morning so they can figure it out.