PDA

View Full Version : Have a cow man

L8 APEX
10-29-2007, 09:12 PM
I was mowing the pasture Sunday and ran across a cow grazing my green. The rancher behind me can't keep his cows in his pasture. My neighbor ran them out a few days ago but there was a bull that kept charging him... We agreed next time we would be BBQ'ing. The cows just walk right through my damn wire fence. I will me adding some barbed wire I guess since my smooth wire is not cow resistant...

03LightningRocks
10-29-2007, 09:16 PM
I was mowing the pasture Sunday and ran across a cow grazing my green. The rancher behind me can't keep his cows in his pasture. My neighbor ran them out a few days ago but there was a bull that kept charging him... We agreed next time we would be BBQ'ing. The cows just walk right through my damn wire fence. I will me adding some barbed wire I guess since my smooth wire is not cow resistant...

So why do you care if some cow eats your overgrown grass? :tex

L8 APEX
10-29-2007, 09:25 PM
The cows are making a horrid mess out of my land. When it rains they walk all over making bucket sized hoof holes in the ground. So when I try to walk or mainly ride my little riding mower around. I bet bounced all over the place or twist an ankle. If they didn't stomp huge holes in the earth I wouldn't care. But they are tearing up my fences which costs me time and labor to stretch and drive new fence.

charlie
10-29-2007, 09:30 PM
The cows are making a horrid mess out of my land. When it rains they walk all over making bucket sized hoof holes in the ground. So when I try to walk or mainly ride my little riding mower around. I bet bounced all over the place or twist an ankle. If they didn't stomp huge holes in the earth I wouldn't care. But they are tearing up my fences which costs me time and labor to stretch and drive new fence.

Charge the owner for the fence repair (30 bux and hour) and food. I did it more than once when I was a kid taking care of a few farms.

Charlie

03LightningRocks
10-29-2007, 09:54 PM

OH...Well that does suck:cool:. Time for a BBQ:evil

danielvalles1
10-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Well that sucks trying to cut the grass and going over big holes can be a pain but when ever i see cows thats when im lost ''real lost'':icon_mrgreen:

03LightningRocks
10-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Well that sucks trying to cut the grass and going over big holes can be a pain but when ever i see cows thats when im lost ''real lost'':icon_mrgreen:

:rll:

Moonshine
10-30-2007, 08:38 AM
You're gonna' hafta' do barbed wire, or a hot wire. Smooth wire alone will not deter cattle. Well, that or a BBQ. :evil

Beaudee
10-30-2007, 08:45 AM
I saw on the news tonight that land owners are complaining of that.They are gona limit how many animals you can have on said property unless you get a court ordered settlement.Best to warn land owner or invite him to the BBQue..:icon_mrgreen:

STooPiD
10-30-2007, 08:57 AM

start a "for sale" thread to sell some meat. I'd buy a few steaks off ya.:evil

tiffo60
10-30-2007, 09:37 AM
yall are fools if yall think that barbed wire will stop a cow, its usually one crazy one that breaks the fences and shooting them is the only way to stop it, most ranchers handle it this way

STooPiD
10-30-2007, 10:15 AM
yall are fools if yall think that barbed wire will stop a cow, its usually one crazy one that breaks the fences and shooting them is the only way to stop it, most ranchers handle it this way

How about land mines?

SVTJoseCuervo
10-30-2007, 10:41 AM
start a "for sale" thread to sell some meat. I'd buy a few steaks off ya.:evil

I will buy the damn cow!

(dad has about 35 in his land)

tell him time for some electric fence...we had some of our cows get out too...soo thats what we did

dboat
10-30-2007, 04:01 PM
tell him time for some electric fence...we had some of our cows get out too...soo thats what we did

+1

ZeusSVT
10-31-2007, 01:10 AM
How about land mines?

:rll::rll:

danielvalles1
10-31-2007, 01:44 AM
Shoot them for traspassing:icon_mrgreen:

STooPiD
10-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Shoot them for traspassing:icon_mrgreen:

land mines are better. plus if they hit one, they might leap frog accross a couple more! how sweet would that be! bouncing cows! :nana2

danielvalles1
10-31-2007, 03:32 PM
land mines are better. plus if they hit one, they might leap frog accross a couple more! how sweet would that be! bouncing cows! :nana2
But that would make bigger holes but bouncing cows sounds like fun:icon_mrgreen:

STooPiD
11-05-2007, 10:14 AM
But that would make bigger holes but bouncing cows sounds like fun:icon_mrgreen:

You can't put a price on fun man! Just make ponds out of them... the dead cow at the bottom will help fertilize bottom for water lilies or something... everyone loves a rotten carcass pond. Hell I might start up a business.

danielvalles1
11-05-2007, 06:47 PM
:tu:
You can't put a price on fun man! Just make ponds out of them... the dead cow at the bottom will help fertilize bottom for water lilies or something... everyone loves a rotten carcass pond. Hell I might start up a business.
yeah sounds fun, specialy carcass pond.:tu:

L8 APEX
11-05-2007, 06:58 PM
You are just a:postwhore Daniel

danielvalles1
11-05-2007, 06:59 PM
You are just a:postwhore Daniel
Shame on me:D