PDA

View Full Version : Went to SRT drive event in Frisco

Silver_2000
11-11-2007, 10:49 AM
I cant find any info on it on the web but a friend had a pair of tickets
Chance for ride along in Viper on drift course and ride along in Magnum SRT on same course - that was fun - they were changing tires on the cars every 30 min

Then the chance to autocross the Cherokee SRT 8 or the 300 SRT for time

Also had free lunch and a goodie bag - Anyone want to make me an offer on a black SRT cap, bag and notebook ?

The Cherokee SRT was a lot of fun and I considered buying one but Logans experience turned me off it.

98Cobra
11-11-2007, 02:30 PM
The Cherokee SRT was a lot of fun and I considered buying one but Logans experience turned me off it.

More details? I know the SRT's dont qualify for that new lifetime powertrain warranty...

Silver_2000
11-11-2007, 02:43 PM
More details? I know the SRT's dont qualify for that new lifetime powertrain warranty...

Logans feedback was that they are expensive with cheap interior fit and finish , 9mpg, BAD depreciation

Great acceleration, brakes, etc

It was a TON of fun to wrestle it around the autocross... BUT for $45k it needs to look more like a $45k car

Shiner1
11-11-2007, 07:33 PM
The wife and I were at Ikea and sat on the grass for half-hour or so and watched the fun. Looks like a good time was had. I was secretly hoping one of those "drifting" Vipers would smack the wall. :evil Gotta feed the appetite for destruction!!:d Love those Magnums though.

Silver_2000
11-12-2007, 09:11 AM
found link

http://www.drivesrt.com/en/track_experience/overview/index.html

L8 APEX
11-12-2007, 11:00 AM
It pretty much sums up American performance. Crude and inefficient. A SRT 300 would have plenty of low end grunt Wes drives one.