PDA

View Full Version : Lost a tire already...

03LightningRocks
12-21-2002, 09:03 PM
Heres the scoop...this evening while joy riding on 75 between Mckinney and Anna at 125 MPH my left front tire gave out.
The truck actually handled it well and no loss of controll. I checked the tire after getting home a little while ago and I don't see any sign at all of tread or sidewall failure. The wheel looks good also.

Is 125 too much for these tires at prolonged distances? I am taking it to discount tires Monday to see if it can be fixed. Should I try to get a warranty tire???

Thanks,

Rocks:hammer:

L8 APEX
12-21-2002, 10:27 PM
If you bought the Ford Premuim care extd warranty it covers tire damage but it may be faster to get one from Discount. I run over 100 90% of the time I am on the highway with no blowouts, knock on wood ::: The Nitto's have less sidewall flex by my observations. If you are going to drive hard I would run 34-36 cold with F1's and check sidewall rollover where you turn hard. My F1's @32 would wear past the shoulder blocks:nono:

Logan
12-22-2002, 10:26 AM
You shouldn't have any problems with the F1's unless they're under-inflated. I've run speeds alot higher than 125 and never had any problems with them...

You many have just gotten a blem'd tire...

wesman
12-22-2002, 10:26 AM
Damn, I guess you're under the break it in like you drive it belief :tu:

Careful out there....blowout at 125 could have been much worse :eek2:

--wes

03LightningRocks
12-22-2002, 10:53 AM
I didn't get the premium warranty since it would be voided anyway in a few months.

I keep thinking that I must have run over something to have caused that. If I did, it would have been very small because I would have known if I ran over something large. Maybe a nail or something???????? I dunno, I'll find out Monday.

On the break in? Yeah, I feel like maybe the drive it like ya stole theory works....LOL.
I am probably going to be replacing the rods, bearings and pistons anyway to make them stronger. So, what the heck...why not see what she'll do.

Rocks:nana2

MadMax
12-22-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by 03LightningRocks
I didn't get the premium warranty since it would be voided anyway in a few months.

I keep thinking that I must have run over something to have caused that. If I did, it would have been very small because I would have known if I ran over something large. Maybe a nail or something???????? I dunno, I'll find out Monday.

On the break in? Yeah, I feel like maybe the drive it like ya stole theory works....LOL.
I am probably going to be replacing the rods, bearings and pistons anyway to make them stronger. So, what the heck...why not see what she'll do.

Rocks:nana2

Drive you truck to your local Discount Tire retailer and purchase yourself "Tire Certificates". You do not have to purchase directly from Discount. You are buying insurance.

03LightningRocks
12-22-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by MadMax
Drive you truck to your local Discount Tire retailer and purchase yourself "Tire Certificates". You do not have to purchase directly from Discount. You are buying insurance.

Tire certificates??? I hadn't heard of these. Maybe I should fill up the tire with air...if it takes it....and then get the certificate. Go back in a couple days...get free tire???? Would that be considered crooked?

Rocks:eek2:

MadMax
12-22-2002, 06:58 PM
Do it! :D crooked? nah....fiscal conservatism at its finest...

:cool: