PDA

View Full Version : Damn Jerry Jones

toddwarren
11-21-2007, 10:31 AM
My gosh I was assuming 16,000 per seat:icon_evil: at the new stadium for the right to buy seats yearly, but Jerry asking 340.00 per game at the new stadium is a real eye gauge:eek2: I currently have 7 seats at the Cowboy games, I sell all but two to friends and this year a ticket is 129.00!! If I bought the 7 seats in the cheap section it would cost me 112,000. before the price of tickets!!:vomit:I love the Cowboys but I am afraid Ole Jerry has priced the normal people out of the new stadium!!I wonder who smiley Jones thinks will buy 80,000 seats at thse inflated prices? The third deck at the new place the game will be a rumor!:flaming:

ZeusSVT
11-21-2007, 10:46 AM
My gosh I was assuming 16,000 per seat:icon_evil: at the new stadium for the right to buy seats yearly, but Jerry asking 340.00 per game at the new stadium is a real eye gauge:eek2: I currently have 7 seats at the Cowboy games, I sell all but two to friends and this year a ticket is 129.00!! If I bought the 7 seats in the cheap section it would cost me 112,000. before the price of tickets!!:vomit:I love the Cowboys but I am afraid Ole Jerry has priced the normal people out of the new stadium!!I wonder who smiley Jones thinks will buy 80,000 seats at thse inflated prices? The third deck at the new place the game will be a rumor!:flaming:

I was wondering how that was going to work. That is a bit extreme. Damn him.....http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c139/dmsheid/horse.gif

tiffo60
11-21-2007, 11:23 AM
I'll be there for the first superbowl:banana:

danielvalles1
11-21-2007, 02:38 PM
That is alot of money good think i only go twice a year.

danielvalles1
11-21-2007, 02:53 PM
I'll be there for the first superbowl:banana:
You have tickets for the game that's cool those tickets are worth a fortune you have gold in your hands be wise of the power you Cary:D

tiffo60
11-21-2007, 03:04 PM
You have tickets for the game that's cool those tickets are worth a fortune you have gold in your hands be wise of the power you Cary:D

i hang around the right peeps:icon_mrgreen:

danielvalles1
11-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Well even if its a little while for the super bowl have a good man because it might be a while for the next one:tu:

wesman
11-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Why do you have to pay for the right to buy season tickets ?

I'm glad the Mavs aren't like that. It's a first come first served thing. Once yo u have tickets you have them until you don't want them anymore so long as you pay.

--wes

BC Lightning
11-22-2007, 12:12 PM

I'll be there as well, I'm more than likely going to this years superbowl as well

danielvalles1
11-23-2007, 08:53 PM
If for some reason you guys don't wanna go to the super bowl i will go for you guys no problem:D

WA 2 FST
11-23-2007, 09:33 PM

I'm glad the Mavs aren't like that. It's a first come first served thing. Once yo u have tickets you have them until you don't want them anymore so long as you pay.

--wes

That's the way its been since they opened Texas Stadium, I believe. You buy vouchers just for the rights to buy the season tickets.

I cannot believe $112k just for the vouchers. Of course, that's for the really good seats. And I believe you get to "sell" the rights if you own them, right Todd? IOW, you pay this once, and then after that if you decide you don't want to buy season tickets any longer, you put your voucher up for sale. You can see these for sale in various local classifieds. $112k is a lot of coin for something like this, but given the current economic situation in the area, I'd imagine you could turn a profit on those someday. Might not be a good enough profit to warrant the investment, however.

I'm cheap. I don't go to many games at all, but when I do, I just spend extra and buy from a ticket broker. This way I get good seats when I want them, to games I want to go see. Sure I pay more for that one game than would a season ticket holder, but I don't have a big investment in it, either.

Plus, watching it at home in HD with a beverage of choice next to me without someone spilling beer on me is nice... although I do readily admit that the atmosphere at TX Stadium is an awesome experience. I can't say the same about American Airlines or The Ballpark. Those are great venues to watch a game, but not as "electric" as watching the 'Boys at TS.

wesman
11-24-2007, 08:04 PM
That's the way its been since they opened Texas Stadium, I believe. You buy vouchers just for the rights to buy the season tickets.

I cannot believe $112k just for the vouchers. Of course, that's for the really good seats. And I believe you get to "sell" the rights if you own them, right Todd? IOW, you pay this once, and then after that if you decide you don't want to buy season tickets any longer, you put your voucher up for sale. You can see these for sale in various local classifieds. $112k is a lot of coin for something like this, but given the current economic situation in the area, I'd imagine you could turn a profit on those someday. Might not be a good enough profit to warrant the investment, however.

I'm cheap. I don't go to many games at all, but when I do, I just spend extra and buy from a ticket broker. This way I get good seats when I want them, to games I want to go see. Sure I pay more for that one game than would a season ticket holder, but I don't have a big investment in it, either.

Plus, watching it at home in HD with a beverage of choice next to me without someone spilling beer on me is nice... although I do readily admit that the atmosphere at TX Stadium is an awesome experience. I can't say the same about American Airlines or The Ballpark. Those are great venues to watch a game, but not as "electric" as watching the 'Boys at TS.

Ahhh, cool. I never knew that . So I wonder why they seem to have to pay it again at the new stadium? Kinda sh!tty that season ticket holders have to "re-up" with the fee if they already had seats.

I was talking with the guy that re-did the pool/decking at the new house on Fri and he mentioned that a friend of his had the same issue. He can't afford to continue buying the season tickets because of the "reservation fee" not to mention the hike in prices that Jerry has imposed.

Have you been to a playoff game at AA center? It's crazy in there during the playoffs......the Finals two years ago was NUTS

--wes

BC Lightning
11-27-2007, 08:51 AM
Ahhh, cool. I never knew that . So I wonder why they seem to have to pay it again at the new stadium? Kinda sh!tty that season ticket holders have to "re-up" with the fee if they already had seats.

I was talking with the guy that re-did the pool/decking at the new house on Fri and he mentioned that a friend of his had the same issue. He can't afford to continue buying the season tickets because of the "reservation fee" not to mention the hike in prices that Jerry has imposed.

Have you been to a playoff game at AA center? It's crazy in there during the playoffs......the Finals two years ago was NUTS

--wes

Jerry Jones said that they are not transferable to the new stadium, even if you had season tickets for 30 years, you still have to buy them for the new stadium

wesman
11-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Jerry Jones said that they are not transferable to the new stadium, even if you had season tickets for 30 years, you still have to buy them for the new stadium

Jerry Jones is a choad :bs

--wes

tliss
11-27-2007, 04:55 PM
<<snippy snip>>

You don't think Jerry Jones is forking over the schillings to pay for the part of the stadium the taxpayers aren't, do you? Somebody's got to pay the bill, and it sure isn't going to be Jerry.

Jerry Jones is a freak of nature scumbag. He just needs to get the nose done a little more and he could be mistaken for Michael Jackson...

Tom

dboat
11-27-2007, 05:55 PM
You don't think Jerry Jones is forking over the schillings to pay for the part of the stadium the taxpayers aren't, do you? Somebody's got to pay the bill, and it sure isn't going to be Jerry.

Jerry Jones is a freak of nature scumbag. He just needs to get the nose done a little more and he could be mistaken for Michael Jackson...

Tom

I thought that Jerry had about $100 million of his own money in this deal..

tiffo60
11-27-2007, 05:58 PM
I thought that Jerry had about $100 million of his own money in this deal..

suppose to be 500 mil of his money

he was putting up half, and the city was suppose to carry the rest, but im sure the whole 500 million didnt come out of his pocket

dboat
11-27-2007, 07:24 PM
suppose to be 500 mil of his money

he was putting up half, and the city was suppose to carry the rest, but im sure the whole 500 million didnt come out of his pocket

it came from him or the organization.. and he is pretty much the organization.. I have to give him some props, he has been a pretty good owner for the 'Boys.. we could have had some loser like the guy at Arizona, or one of a lot of the other teams.. he is driven to put a winning team on the field and it shows it.. he also has learned from his mistakes too, and that shows too.. IMHO

Dana

danielvalles1
11-28-2007, 01:10 AM
Yeah Jerry has done good for the boys the guy looks kinda like a pimp wearing the long trench coat.:icon_mrgreen:

tliss
11-28-2007, 09:43 AM
it came from him or the organization.. and he is pretty much the organization..

True...and how is the organziation recouping the cost? By gang raping the fans with much higher ticket prices!!

Tom

dboat
11-28-2007, 11:37 AM
True...and how is the organziation recouping the cost? By gang raping the fans with much higher ticket prices!!

Tom

Tom, thats the American way.. charge what the market will bear.. yes, I dont like it either. :ron:I remember moving to Dallas and wanting to buy season tickets for the 'Boys upon arrival, what a sticker shock then.. didnt buy them either:ron: however, it is what it is.. and until companies and rich folk dont buy them the prices will continue to rise to see what the market will bear..

Dana

toddwarren
11-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Wes you are correct you will own the seats for 30 years if you purchase the option. You also can sell the seat option and if there is a profit it is yours to keep. If you buy in the club section which is being offered right now you also have a shot at college football games held there! Super bowls, Final 4's and such! My inside sources tell me the end zone seats will sell for 5,000. to 9,000 per seat and the cost of those seats will be much less than 340.00!

tliss
11-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Tom, thats the American way.. charge what the market will bear.. yes, I dont like it either. :ron:I remember moving to Dallas and wanting to buy season tickets for the 'Boys upon arrival, what a sticker shock then.. didnt buy them either:ron: however, it is what it is.. and until companies and rich folk dont buy them the prices will continue to rise to see what the market will bear..

Dana

I totally agree...I hope Jerry is the only schmoe sitting in the stands...it's about time the fans stand up and give these sports teams a collective F*CK YOU!

Tom

toddwarren
11-28-2007, 04:53 PM
I know what you mean unfortunately it s not going to happen! Have you seen the New England Patriots play lately? They already charge 300. +
per game and are sold out every game. I have heard Jerry has sold 100 of the 200 suites at 2,000,000 a piece for the new stadium!
yes that is 200,000,000 dollars of the 750,000,000 he is suppose to pay,
by the time he sells 15,000 seats at and average of 16,000 he will have raised another 240,000,000 1.5 years before the stadium ever opens.
What this means is Jerry is getting a free stadium thanks to Arlington and you and me like it or not! You have to admire the old Arkansas boy he leveraged his arse in 1989 to buy the Cowboys for 145,000,000 and now the team is valued at 1,500,000,000. not a bad return on your money.